Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been prescribed nebulizers for short term problems. Having one prescribed doesn't necessarily mean there is a chronic, long term illness that one has been definitively diagnosed with. I'm sorry to say this but here goes: something feels off to me about all the health issues both SW and the little girls were constantly being treated for. I don't want to stir a hornet's nest but I've had first hand experience with Munchausen's syndrome in my family and I privately found the similarities to SW's behavior to be unsettling. This is just MOO! In my family situation, the motivation for it turned out to be for attention, sympathy and the need for constant praise. It of course goes without saying that this doesn't excuse the horrible crime committed. Just doing my best to understand the what and why.

Can someone who has a theory related explain the inference around SW's and the girls' ailments as connected to their murders? I want to understand the thought process, motive etc. I'm trying to keep an open mind and consider all theories/opinions. TIA

This is not dr shopping to me. If you ever had had kids with constant ear infections you would want to understand what is wrong with them. Tubes are extremely common for toddlers. I’ve had so many friends who have gotten it done for their kids and it’s made a world of difference. Thankfully I haven’t had to do so, but if my kid was constantly sick I would do whatever it took to figure it out and get them better. A sick toddler is noooo fun!
Yes in any other world that is considered to be a good mother, but not in SW's case it seems.

I’m not an expert in the oil business but I would take “inactive” to mean that it’s not in use. So I would imagine an empty tank just sitting there.

If it’s being used for storage, then it would be “active.”
Makes sense. It's the part of the case that interests me the most, the technology, what happened to the bodies, why he chose the shallow burial of SW, gruesome I know.

I have no idea. Maybe ask the poster I responded to....

I think that was me MsBetsy originally responded to. I was only commenting on/inquiring how detailed an affidavit needed to be. Then Amandaaa replied (I believe she's said she is a lawyer) specifically commenting on the "arrest" affidavit.

I thought there was only 1 affidavit. But that's only b/c I've only read one. {insert shruggy emoji that we no longer have :)}

I've been prescribed nebulizers for short term problems. Having one prescribed doesn't necessarily mean there is a chronic, long term illness that one has been definitively diagnosed with. I'm sorry to say this but here goes: something feels off to me about all the health issues both SW and the little girls were constantly being treated for. I don't want to stir a hornet's nest but I've had first hand experience with Munchausen's syndrome in my family and I privately found the similarities to SW's behavior to be unsettling. This is just MOO! In my family situation, the motivation for it turned out to be for attention, sympathy and the need for constant praise. It of course goes without saying that this doesn't excuse the horrible crime committed. Just doing my best to understand the what and why.
And some families do have chronic long term illnesses, because you don't does not mean that others can't.

Can someone who has a theory related explain the inference around SW's and the girls' ailments as connected to their murders? I want to understand the thought process, motive etc. I'm trying to keep an open mind and consider all theories/opinions. TIA
MassGuy summed it up. You can search his posts.

I find it difficult to believe SW killed those girls-- b/c of what he did to all of their bodies.
The mere thought of him attracting 'fan girls' make me want to vomit.
Exactly. If you love your kids enough to kill for them, as C.W. alleges, then do his actions make any sense?

He didn’t do all he could to save them, even if he were to claim he tried CPR. You immediately call 911, because they can do things that you cannot to save the lives of your children.

Something you certainly do not do (something that is stunningly selfish), is decide that they are dead, and dump their bodies so they cannot be found.

You do not protect yourself at the expense of your family.

An innocent man does not commit an unprecedented coverup, unless he is not an innocent man.

* Edited to be more friendly to the suspect.

Last edited:
Makes sense. It's the part of the case that interests me the most, the technology, what happened to the bodies, why he chose the shallow burial of SW, gruesome I know.
It’s gruesome but it’s intriguing, and entirely relevant. Unfortunately those answers will be slow in coming, if they even come at all.

Yeah. That's the thing. I fully understand people saying they need more to find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. That's fair.

But to say that, in the face of the absolutely avalanche of actual facts we know of in this case that constitute circumstantial evidence that many of us feel is powerful evidence of his guilt, and then to turn around and state the opinion that SW probably murdered her children, was making them sick, that his story is believable, that she was mentally ill- to state an opinion as to that based on virtually no facts at all, like mental health diagnoses, evidence she had a blog about her kids' illnesses and was going on in major detail, over and over, constantly, daily, about her kids illnesses and almost dying, etc., like we see in MSBP cases, or evidence her DNA was under the kids' nails or the size of her hands were around their necks, or evidence of emails, texts, etc., from her stating she was losing it or wanting to seek revenge or anything, that's what I feel is super unreasonable.

I need many more facts to convince me of CW's guilt, than the mountain of evidence we already have but I need nothing but gossip to convince me Shanann killed her kids?

That confuses me.

I am also confused.

There was something like that yesterday, but it was clearly a joke, and the person on the receiving end of the joke was laughing too, many of us were. Anyway, I get posts deleted if I talk about other posters......jokes aren't OK from time to time?
I guess if A & B get the joke, the C should see their way out of it. ;) Ok, I'm out for the day. Be good, folks.

Wow, they must have a way to transmit the backup camera images back to the field house. Our trucks did not have that, but maybe it's needed for OSHA requirements for a "spotter" if the rear of the truck obstructs the back view. Does your husband drive a truck bigger than a pickup? Our pickup trucks had the cameras and a beep-beep-beep to warn it was backing up. Where my son works the tank trucks have an automatic backing program that runs, the guys don't touch the controls, it backs up for them. But he drives a little hotshot pickup F250 and all it has is the GPS.
and @Marli61 , I plugged in a little gizmo into my truck for car insurance discount, it tracked hard stops and mileage, I wonder if there are many types of them the track different things including backing up etc. ? Possibly built in if it were a company truck opposed to the one I used which I could unplug. We bought a used F250, I do not know the previous owners job but there are several interesting things on it, the black antenna on the top, another wire running down the side of windshield then into the dash. Idk, he told the police he went to work near Hudson which is a huge clue, but I still wonder about tracking capabilities on the truck for them to have narrowed down THAT particular oil pad and drone the area.

CW always seemed pretty healthy . SW was fond of doctor shopping IMO according to her video misdiagnosed many years . She joined support group for lupus , said she had fibromyalgia . Her first dates with C.W. were mainly dr appointments according to her SM. As her depression lifted in my opinion the illnesses did too . She seemed to venture towards midwives , chiropractors and support groups . Many of the children’s visits were testing according to her posts . The kids went to preschool then took two hour naps and were asleep by 630. She stated she was told she could never have kids ... she didn’t say why but it seems she got pregnant easily. Depression and many personality disorders can manifest illness . It is serious and real to those suffering . But the only reason it is relevant to me is because the more I see certain personality traits . I see her not taking separation factor calmly. Everyone was shocked about this crime because it didn’t make sense . I am interested in every insider that can fill in the gaps that we don’t know .
We know SW suspected CW was cheating, we know she told at least 2 people about her suspicions, therefore, we know she wasn’t hiding or in denial about it. We know she wasn’t a basket case over it because she carried on with her life as usual. I compare her behavior to some friends I’ve known over the years who thought they were being cheated on, who were so distraught they became dysfunctional. Their hearts were so broken, all they’d could do was talk about him and cry for the entire length of time I spent with them. And I’m not convinced she loved him as much as everybody seems to think. They were getting near the “seven year itch” phase of their relationship. It wouldn’t surprise me if she was disappointed in him, and feeling very let down because of his lack of ambition and money making ability. SW wanted to conquer the world, CW, not so much. She may have thought she married the wrong guy, and may have grown tired of always pushing him to carry his weight, of always having to encourage and praise him to get him to do anything. She may have been coming to terms with the fact that this was a bad marriage, that they actually had very little in common.

Yes in any other world that is considered to be a good mother, but not in SW's case it seems.
There have been cases where parents have made excuses for unnecessary doctor/medical visits. I think some posters are looking if that's a possibility in this case. I don't think anyone is saying it's for sure what SW was doing, but they are looking at the possibilities. You know it's sort of looking at everything, throwing it at the wall and seeing what sticks. I don't see anything wrong with looking at everything. JMO

This logic doesn’t make sense to me. My 2 year old goes to bed at 6:30pm and sleeps till 7:30am and still takes a 2-3 hour nap. When she is awake she is very active and does not sit down, which is what the Watts girls seemed to be. This is normal for kids this age.

Also, when you know something isn’t right with you and you seek out answers, I wouldn’t call that dr shopping. She was being proactive with her and her kids health. No one cares about you as much as you do and should. Also, a mother is usually the one who is most proactive about their child’s health, which is what we see from Shanann. My husband is an amazing father but 9 times out of 10 I am one taking my kids to the dr and scheduling appts. He just doesn’t think that way, which is what I see with SW and CW. I feel like her actions are being vilified when all she wanted was best for her kids.
Someone mentioned her using chiropractors and mid wives... Maybe she was exploring different medical options such as holistic approach. That would definitely explain seeking out different doctors. If it's true she went to a chiropractor, I have no idea if it is, but I know they have methods that seem very "different" than the traditional medical approach.

We know SW suspected CW was cheating, we know she told at least 2 people about her suspicions, therefore, we know she wasn’t hiding or in denial about it. We know she wasn’t a basket case over it because she carried on with her life as usual. I compare her behavior to some friends I’ve known over the years who thought they were being cheated on, who were so distraught they became dysfunctional. Their hearts were so broken, all they’d could do was talk about him and cry for the entire length of time I spent with them. And I’m not convinced she loved him as much as everybody seems to think. They were getting near the “seven year itch” phase of their relationship. It wouldn’t surprise me if she was disappointed in him, and feeling very let down because of his lack of ambition and money making ability. SW wanted to conquer the world, CW, not so much. She may have thought she married the wrong guy, and may have grown tired of always pushing him to carry his weight, of always having to encourage and praise him to get him to do anything. She may have been coming to terms with the fact that this was a bad marriage, that they actually had very little in common.
What gives you the impression that SW may have grown tired of always pushing him to carry his weight?

and @Marli61 , I plugged in a little gizmo into my truck for car insurance discount, it tracked hard stops and mileage, I wonder if there are many types of them the track different things including backing up etc. ? Possibly built in if it were a company truck opposed to the one I used which I could unplug. We bought a used F250, I do not know the previous owners job but there are several interesting things on it, the black antenna on the top, another wire running down the side of windshield then into the dash. Idk, he told the police he went to work near Hudson which is a huge clue, but I still wonder about tracking capabilities on the truck for them to have narrowed down THAT particular oil pad and drone the area.
I was wondering if when he went over to where he really worked that morning, that a co-worker saw him in a sweat, smelled something in the truck, or saw him coming from that direction instead of from the direction where he lived (per AB diagrams). We know that LE was on it on Tuesday morning in a big way (IIRC), and maybe they immediately starting questioning ppl who would have been in contact with him just a day earlier. ETA maybe he had oil on he BEFORE he started work, and someone noticed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member