Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. And I just looked up more about "how to write an affidavit". It does appear a defendant would want to include as many details as possible to paint them in a favorable light. Hm. Can't explain why his lawyers didn't include something like that to help his case. Maybe CW needs better lawyers from WS! :D
That particular affidavit included the details they felt were necessary to support the arrest - notice how they set the stage by making it very clear how they came to be aware of her disappearance, and that they had been given consent by C.W. to enter the house to look around and have access to her phone. There are actually very few other details - a basic description of what he said when they asked for a timeline of events. They note that the f/u investigation revealed an affair but don’t specifically mention how they asked him about it initially, or any details about his response.
They do note he admitted to killing SW - and that they found the bodies that he later confessed to concealing - which IMO was more than enough to support the arrest.

Oh, I thought someone asked about the confession. I must be getting confused between the two posters! But yes, I don't think he said that in the interview, understandably, but in the affidavit he told police he wanted to initiate the separation.
This was the post from @MyBelle that I was addressing:

"CW wasn't lying throughout the interview. He admitted they had an emotional conversation and he wanted to separate. Please show me the proof he lied, please.

Did you find Susan's Smith tearful plea for her children's kidnappers believable? I sure did. So did her ex-husband. Cops did, too, at first.

My point is that I'm not an expert on analyzing what's going through the brains of people who are being interviewed by the news media in stressful situations which is why I always make it clear it is my opinion based on my own personal and professional experience. JMO"

BBM.... so many posts & thoughts! It's hard to keep it all straight sometimes!

*edited to add italics

Interesting. And I just looked up more about "how to write an affidavit". It does appear a defendant would want to include as many details as possible to paint them in a favorable light. Hm. Can't explain why his lawyers didn't include something like that to help his case. Maybe CW needs better lawyers from WS! :D
Sorry, I was talking about the one of his arrest!! I didn't even see another one.

CW is also sometimes referenced as "monster" in one of the past threads. When I was reading this I was actually thinking of our VI and that I personally would have a hard time reading those comments. I am new to WS but I wouldn't mind some more neutral and objective language.

And I'm pretty sure using disparaging names for case players is against TOS. I'll report my post for clarification.

Some remarks, all my opinions.

The crude oil:
Where I am, crude oil is a beloved subject. Our jobs concern it directly and indirectly. We smell it most mornings and most people I know have some on display in their homes (because we are oilfield workers).

While clearly wrong, putting the bodies of the children in crude oil tanks isn't as shocking to me as it might be to others who think of all crude oil as a thick, black, tar-like substance. The crude in Weld County is primarily a "light sweet" crude.

I can't know for 100% that the crude at that tank farm wasn't the heavy dark crude, but most likely it was the light crude, like an olive oil color and weight.

I just hope the thought of them probably being in the light sweet oil can bring a small amount of comfort to those suffering thoughts of the dark heavy oil. My main sadness concerns that they were killed, but for some, the crude is adding almost a torment to their minds.

I'd like to add here again that I don't know for sure that some heavy crude wasn't in the tanks, and I'd like to add that to ME, MOO, putting them in the tanks shows his mind wasn't right at all, was in some sort of mixed-up fugue-like state.

Something
IMO caused him to get discombobulated in the noodle completely, and he killed the children and then when SW got home, he killed her as well. The "something" that caused his mind to go berserk cannot be justified unless it's something totally unexpected like a brain tumor or poison he got into accidentally. And I doubt that.

I think when more facts come out, we are in for worse shocks that we might not ever be able to truly understand, because it's lunacy (not the legal sense) for the girls to have been killed. Couples kill each other off all the time, as we know as true-crime sleuths, but killing the girls, that's just so bizarre I for one cannot make any sense of it other than to say the guy's brain broke and was evil (not in a legal sense, as he knew right from wrong).

I think a lot of bad feelings on the threads are because some are trying to find the trigger(s) for the mind going kaput, and others are interpreting that search for the "reasons" to be in some way excusing the murders.

I am all for the search for triggers, but the triggers guessed at so far would not set a normal person off (might peeve them or hurt them, anger them, but could not set off murderous rage in ordinary mind). Certainly seeing SW kill the girls would set CW off or anyone off, but MOO that is a false claim and reminds me of that lying skunk JA.

Gosh, this is too long (one GOOD thing about Reddit is that they will say TL DR (too long, didn't read) and sum it up in a few words).

TL DR More facts will come out, I think CW has an abnormal mind, he killed all of them.

I hope no one was offended by my thoughts.

Edited bc for some reason some smile faces popped up where I had not put any.

"CW wasn't lying throughout the interview. He admitted they had an emotional conversation and he wanted to separate. Please show me the proof he lied, please.

Did you find Susan's Smith tearful plea for her children's kidnappers believable? I sure did. So did her ex-husband. Cops did, too, at first.

My point is that I'm not an expert on analyzing what's going through the brains of people who are being interviewed by the news media in stressful situations which is why I always make it clear it is my opinion based on my own personal and professional experience. JMO"

*edited to add italics
I questioned that too, with no answer. The part about his saying in the (implied media) interviews that he said he wanted a separation.

*edited to add italics
Oh, right, I think I replied to that one yesterday, too. Seems he was lying about a lot of things in that interview. Jmo

Some remarks, all my opinions.

The crude oil:
Where I am, crude oil is a beloved subject. Our jobs concern it directly and indirectly. We smell it most mornings and most people I know have some on display in their homes (because we are oilfield workers).

While clearly wrong, putting the bodies of the children in crude oil tanks isn't as shocking to me as it might be to others who think of all crude oil as a thick, black, tar-like substance. The crude in Weld County is primarily a "light sweet" crude.

I can't know for 100% that the crude at that tank farm wasn't the heavy dark crude, but most likely it was the light crude, like an olive oil color and weight.

I just hope the thought of them probably being in the light sweet oil can bring a small amount of comfort to those suffering thoughts of the dark heavy oil. My main sadness concerns that they were killed, but for some, the crude is adding almost a torment to their minds.

I'd like to add here again that I don't know for sure that some heavy crude wasn't in the tanks, and I'd like to add that to ME, MOO, putting them in the tanks shows his mind wasn't right at all, was in some sort of mixed-up fugue-like state.

Something
IMO caused him to get discombobulated in the noodle completely, and he killed the children and then when SW got home, he killed her as well. The "something" that caused his mind to go berserk cannot be justified unless it's something totally unexpected like a brain tumor or poison he got into accidentally. And I doubt that.

I think when more facts come out, we are in for worse shocks that we might not ever be able to truly understand, because it's lunacy (not the legal sense) for the girls to have been killed. Couples kill each other off all the time, as we know as true-crime sleuths, but killing the girls, that's just so bizarre I for one cannot make any sense of it other than to say the guy's brain broke and was evil (not in a legal sense, as he knew right from wrong).

I think a lot of bad feelings on the threads are because some are trying to find the trigger(s) for the mind going kaput, and others are interpreting that search for the "reasons" to be in some way excusing the murders.

I am all for the search for triggers, but the triggers guessed at so far would not set a normal person off (might peeve them or hurt them, anger them, but could not set off murderous rage in ordinary mind). Certainly seeing SW kill the girls would set CW off or anyone off, but MOO that is a false claim and reminds me of that lying skunk JA.

Gosh, this is too long (one GOOD thing about Reddit is that they will say TL:DR (too long, didn't read) and sum it up in a few words).

TL:DR More facts will come out, I think CW has an abnormal mind, he killed all of them.

I hope no one was offended by my thoughts.
Do you know if that type of crude would normally be heated in tank storage? Would it have pressure valves to lead off the evaporating gases? Would the quantity of crude oil itself in the tank, assuming it was pretty full, exert higher pressure on a submerged body?

?
Is that somehow more genuine than having asthma?

I think the point is only that nebulizers can be rx'd for short-term illnesses like pneumonia, RSV, etc. And therefore just b/c one has a nebulizer does not mean they have a chronic condition such as asthma.

(I have 2 nebulizers for my kids - one left over from a case of RSV and one b/c of a child with asthma)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbieP