Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know if that type of crude would normally be heated in tank storage? Would it have pressure valves to lead off the evaporating gases? Would the quantity of crude oil itself in the tank, assuming it was pretty full, exert higher pressure on a submerged body?

I do not believe those were heater-treater tanks.

I don't think those tanks are pressurized.

I am not an expert or a lease operator (we call them pumpers out here), I just set their schedules, helped with payroll, helped with run tickets and such when I was out at the field office of a large oil company.

And I'm pretty sure using disparaging names for case players is against TOS. I'll report my post for clarification.
You are correct Flourish one of our rules is you cannot use disparaging names or nicknames that are disparaging. You can't misspell a person's name on purpose or make fun of their name.

When Chris was arrested we would have needed 699 mods to continually remove the disparaging remarks. However, I would greatly appreciate it if from now on we use their initials or real names. However, if people call a perp monster we may not get to them all to remove so if you find a person calling a perp "monster" and it's 6 threads back don't report it. If a monster slips through so be it but let's do our best not to call anyone names.
Thanks,
Tricia

I agree. When we know VI's are participating on a thread it would be nice if everyone would take it down a couple notches. VI's can bring insight, clarity and information unknown to us and IMO we should try to do better at making them feel somewhat comfortable instead of making it too hard for them. JMO

I do not believe those were heater-treater tanks.

I don't think those tanks are pressurized.

I am not an expert or a lease operator (we call them pumpers out here), I just set their schedules, helped with payroll, helped with run tickets and such when I was out at the field office of a large oil company.
Thanks. We had a discussion last night about whether or not (no one knew) if the oil would be able to penetrate into the stomach of a submerged person and taint stomach contents. Also re the lungs.

BBM

Mmmmm hmmmm, because everyone strips their bed and piles the bedding on the floor before they lay down, right? :rolleyes:

That's quite interesting. In his film debut interviews he mentions she was still in bed when he left. When LE and NU entered the house (the same evening on the same day he said she was still in bed), the sheets were piled on the floor, and the bed was "stripped" .

How did you come to that conclusion?
It's what's holding things up, the defense is not willing to have him do it. As I understand, the prosecutor had to request it and now the judge has to approve it. I'm sure I'm not using the right terminology, but that's basically what is going on. Kind of like how the Golden State Killer wouldn't "willingly" allow pictures of his private parts to be taken, so the prosecution is forced to make an official request. They will get it done, it just delays the whole process. Imo

I think a lot of bad feelings on the threads are because some are trying to find the trigger(s) for the mind going kaput, and others are interpreting that search for the "reasons" to be in some way excusing the murders.
Thank you for your post. I've followed other cases here and the amount of contention between members on this one has surprised me.

There is NO evidence that Shanann was harming her children. There is NO evidence that she was struggling with mental health issues. There is NO evidence that she murdered her children.

You can’t just make things up in order to support your belief that C.W. is innocent of the murder of his children, and that Shannan did this.

If you have evidence with which to opine, I’m all for hearing it. But the narrative should be based on the facts, not the other way around.

Yeah. That's the thing. I fully understand people saying they need more to find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. That's fair.

But to say that, in the face of the absolutely avalanche of actual facts we know of in this case that constitute circumstantial evidence that many of us feel is powerful evidence of his guilt, and then to turn around and state the opinion that SW probably murdered her children, was making them sick, that his story is believable, that she was mentally ill- to state an opinion as to that based on virtually no facts at all, like mental health diagnoses, evidence she had a blog about her kids' illnesses and was going on in major detail, over and over, constantly, daily, about her kids illnesses and almost dying, etc., like we see in MSBP cases, or evidence her DNA was under the kids' nails or the size of her hands were around their necks, or evidence of emails, texts, etc., from her stating she was losing it or wanting to seek revenge or anything, that's what I feel is super unreasonable.

I need many more facts to convince me of CW's guilt, than the mountain of evidence we already have but I need nothing but gossip to convince me Shanann killed her kids?

That confuses me.

So, without having to go back and check, did he or not say it? What was his exact statement in regard to that?
IIRCC he didn't say the word "separation" at all in his porch interviews. NUA said that when she alerted him that SW wasn't responding to calls or texts, CW told her that he & SW had discussed separation. NUA then told CW that that wasn't her concern at the moment & that issue was between CW & SW.

That's quite interesting. In his film debut interviews he mentions she was still in bed when he left. When LE and NU entered the house (the same evening on the same day he said she was still in bed), the sheets were piled on the floor, and the bed was "stripped" .
He just forgot to mention that he took the bottom sheet to work with him.

IIRCC he didn't say the word "separation" at all in his porch interviews. NUA said that when she alerted him that SW wasn't responding to calls or texts, CW told her that he & SW had discussed separation. NUA then told CW that that wasn't her concern at the moment & that issue was between CW & SW.
Yes, I guess that's why I could not remember him saying it in the interview.

Which means she very likely was not there at all ( after 5:27 or so) because she never would have left all three beds unmade before leaving the house. Her friend said that's one reason she knew something was very wrong. That and his responses to her as to where she was. Imo
And the fact that she was in a shallow grave and her little girls were dumped in filthy crude oil.

Let's bet that the commercial crude bath did not include immersing eyes, ears, open mouth, throat and nose. Are they wearing swimsuits? Do they actually expose their vaginas and other personal parts to the crude oil?

Usually with crude oiled birds, they have to use Dawn or some such mild detergent and gently stroke, for a long time, to get crude off.

I wonder if it's some kind of diluted crude that comes off easier. Maybe with added paraffin as a poster was describing earlier.

Jumping off your post to change the topic slightly. Have we heard whether the girls were still clothed when he put them in the oil tanks? I also wondered about SW-- was she wrapped in anything or clothed or did he remove clothing when hiding the bodies?

I'm just curious, as it is another thing that could reveal his mindset at the time of the crime. MOO.

Thanks. We had a discussion last night about whether or not (no one knew) if the oil would be able to penetrate into the stomach of a submerged person and taint stomach contents. Also re the lungs.

The problem with petroleum products is that they will creep into tissues, they will ladder down so to speak, at least in living bodies, but I'm hoping that in the case of the poor girls, they will easily be able to sort the oil from any other substances. I have such an extra-bad feeling about what the COD & contributing factors, and time of death will be. Just MOO.

I agree. When we know VI's are participating on a thread it would be nice if everyone would take it down a couple notches. VI's can bring insight, clarity and information unknown to us and IMO we should try to do better at making them feel somewhat comfortable instead of making it too hard for them. JMO
AMEN

Jumping off your post to change the topic slightly. Have we heard whether the girls were still clothed when he put them in the oil tanks? I also wondered about SW-- was she wrapped in anything or clothed or did he remove clothing when hiding the bodies?

I'm just curious, as it is another thing that could reveal his mindset at the time of the crime. MOO.
As far as I know, no we don't know if any of the victims were clothed, or what that clothing would be, and IIRC we don't know if the kids were in garbage bags when actually dumped in the crude. Or if in jammies, naked, etc. IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbieP