Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people just nuts? A lady on one of the other forums is arguing that CW isnt even guilty of killing SW even though he confessed. She says that it could be a false confession, and therefore he is technically innocent until they prove that his confession is for real. I want to ask her in what scenario he would confess to the killing, and be able to lead them to the bodies, but yet not be guilty. But I don't think a conversation with her would end well.

Just for fun, I could come up with a scenario in which the AP killed the kids and Shanann, and he’s covering for her. (I bet her DNA is all over that house, so hopefully she lawyered up.)

I mean, I 99.5% believe he’s entirely guilty of killing his family, but it’s possible. It’s certainly more likely than Shan’ann killing them.

Yes, and in regard to the barbecue, I did not realize they were not there when I first read it. Did he explain where they were? Someone must have asked him?
I am not sure if we know the time of the BBQ, but I thought it was evening. We also learned that at some point in there life the kids' bed time was 6.30pm. So not that unusual if the kids weren't there if still the case.

My husband worked in the oilfield for 35 years. His jobs varied from time to time, but at one time, he was a field operator -:which is the same position that CW had. As far as what happens to a decomposing body inside of an oil tank filled with crude oil, I cannot say. However, you mentioned oil field workers found dead outside of oil tanks. Death in this case was more than likely caused by some type of poisonous gas accumulation such as hydrogen sulfide gas. Oilfield workers that are working in the fields where hydrogen sulfide gas exists, usually wear a Scott's air pack. These days, I am sure there are very few deaths attributed to gas inhalation. Most oil companies have safety departments that are dedicated to educating oil field employees about known hazards. Oil companies do not want an incident of any kind to be reported to OSHA. This has nothing to do with this case really. Just addressing oil field workers that were found dead outside of an oil tank. However, one thing I have read repeatedly on these threads and also many other discussion boards, the fact that so many find it so heinous, that CW placed his children's remains inside of a tank of oil. As opposed to what? I dont really know of a better place. The children were dead, or I assume that. I haven't seen anything else that indicates otherwise. I guess because the oil fields of West Texas supported our family for many years, I dont find that offensive, say compared to burial in a shallow grave. Decomposition, regardless of where it takes place is not pretty! All of this is of course is MO.

It could also explain the dates on the affidavit of death on 12/13 August, IIRC.

This has been misinterpreted since it was released. That is not how probable cause affidavits are written. They will use a range starting with the earliest possible time the crime could've been committed to the latest. Logically the earliest time would start after the party unless another witness was found who interacted at a later time.

FB posts are not sworn testimony. FB is not a notarized, official document.

I could post photos of myself with the Eiffel Tower in the background. Doesn’t mean I was actually in Paris. I could post that my dog died. Doesn’t mean I even have a dog. I see people posting things on FB and IG that are so much more or less than they are in real life.

Shanann posted a rosy picture of her family when we know it was actually falling apart. She was praising him on FB at the same time she was doubting him to her confidants. There’s reason to believe she exaggerated sometimes.

That goes both ways.

Unsubstantiated statements by anonymous insiders are also not sworn testimony and not close to admissible evidence or even verified facts.

And while there is reason to believe SW painted a positive picture when reality was likely different - which many people do daily in FB and which is part of the MLM business- that doesn't evidence that she lied about the serious, negative stuff she actually divulged.

On the other hand, it has been confirmed that CW is a dishonest and bold-faced liar. He lied about something devastating: The whereabouts and condition (by omission) of his missing and dead family.

So IMO we have reason to disbelieve every word out of his mouth. But not hers. Exaggerating the positive in order to sell a product is not an indication that a person is not otherwise trustworthy. Lying about your strangled family, is. My two cents.

In this CBSN report, it states that Chris Watts admitted to murdering his pregnant wife and two daughters on Thursday.
So now he admitted it on Wednesday and Thursday? Is this current? Sorry, edited to say this was before charges were made and the affidavit was sealed at that time. But I think is what the defense is referring to when they complained about leaks to the media, they wanted to nip it in the bud and put a stop to it. Understandable. Jmo

Last edited:
I don't think she owned it, did she? Thought the idea was bounced around here the other day that she had been part owner. @Trinket78, do you know if SW was part owner? I recall you shared with us that she sold car rims. Someone found some court docs that included her name (looked like someone was suing them) but I thought she was listed last as she was probably the salesperson, as the name of the business was listed first.

ETA: See Gardenista's post #396. Those court docs listed her as part owner.
To my knowledge she was not part owner. She was a manager/salesperson.

I hesitate to even post this for fear of the tomatoes being thrown that I'm blaming the father, which I am not, so bear with me.

If CW's story changed to "SW killed the children, and I killed her" after he requested to speak to his father, would that conversation have been recorded and been subject to being used on the record? That is, if his father, or anyone else, realized that *perhaps* there would be no evidence on the children to point to ANYONE (i.e., wouldn't the coroner have to wash the oil off, thus removing fibers, hair, possible DNA on the surface, and so on), if anyone that he may have spoken to prior to his last "confession" came up with the idea, and shared that with CW in jail, and then let's say CW said, "You're right! They can't prove it was me, her, or anyone else" and then changed his confession, would that be admissable in court if it was an obvious seed planted in his head?

I've just been thinking alot about why he changed his story to pointing blame on her at the very last minute. Coincidence? And is it really kosher if perhaps someone gave him the idea?

Please note I have NO idea if anyone gave him that idea. Just curious in general how this may work in the court of law.

Just for fun, I could come up with a scenario in which the AP killed the kids and Shanann, and he’s covering for her. (I bet her DNA is all over that house, so hopefully she lawyered up.)

I mean, I 99.5% believe he’s entirely guilty of killing his family, but it’s possible. It’s certainly more likely than Shan’ann killing them.

Hmmm, he may try to throw AP under the bus yet! He wouldn't come across as a very strong husband and father though, if AP could run from room to room strangling everyone and CW couldn't do a thing to stop her. And it would still be a mystery how he looked so happy and relaxed during that front porch interview, huh?!

The last thing SW posted on fb was from the airport and that she couldn’t wait to get home to CW and the girls. Chilling to think about if it’s true she was concerned before she was dropped off.
Perhaps it was also a message to CW, who she thought might be looking at her social media postings - letting him know she would be checking on the girls.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members