Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The business is still around from what I can tell. You can look it up on fb and they post friequent fb posts. Not sure how her involvement in it ended.

I am wondering what her ownership part was. If she sold it, where was the money? If does not show up on the bankruptcy as an asset but if it is incorporated, it would not be her asset, would it?

Did she have more debt and the sale of her part of the business was used to pay some debt?

There is no indication that she gets money from that business now,

I don't think she owned it, did she? Thought the idea was bounced around here the other day that she had been part owner. @Trinket78, do you know if SW was part owner? I recall you shared with us that she sold car rims. Someone found some court docs that included her name (looked like someone was suing them) but I thought she was listed last as she was probably the salesperson, as the name of the business was listed first.

She's listed as a co-owner in the court docs

KEY v. DIRTY SOUTH CUSTOM | No. 5:09-CV-32-D. | 20090604805 | Leagle.com

1. How much would a more reasonably priced home cost in that area of Colorado? One in a decent neighborhood?
From what I understand from a friend who moved to Colorado Springs (wanted to be in Denver but couldn't touch real estate there), the market has been booming and development is just sprawling out all over the place. Roads are clogged at rush hour as there are only a few major arteries in and out of the city and they need more. Hard to find a decent condo or townhouse under $200k and even older tiny ranches can cost $300,000 in decent locations. Crazy.

Several threads ago, this topic was considered sleuthing family (Grandmother/MIL) who's a victim, and posts deleted for violation of TOS -- rightfully so. I don't know what's changed and why this rumor and violation dominates the discussion today. MOO

I never saw that post, but the nut allergy FB post has been discussed here for days.

I have searched and not been successful at finding autopsies of people found in crude oil, to get an idea of what would happen forensically. All I can find are people, mainly oilfield workers, found dead outside tanks. Has anyone found anything about this?

Which is why I don’t think they will put him on the stand.

@gitana1 , you mentioned this also, that you don’t think they’ll put him on the stand. Is this the reason why? Or are there other reasons, tia. Do you think the defense thinks he might say something to incriminate himself? (And if so, you’d think if they had a heart they’d want the truth to come out, but I guess not, they have a “job to do”.)

Obviously I'm not Gitana ;)
IMO any defense attorney would be nuts to put him on the stand. While that decision is CW's, his attorneys will advise him.

IMO even if they (his attorneys) 100% believe his version I can't imagine they'd want him testifying. It's not just what you say to a jury it's how you come across. Whether you buy his version or not he does not present well. IMO he's painfully socially awkward, extremely introverted and comes across as a word that will likely get me in trouble so I won't type it. IMO a jury wouldn't like him and would be disinclined to believe him regardless of what truth if any he presented.

Yes IMO there were drugs involved. And if there were that would definitely prove premeditation.
What makes you think drugs were involved? I think its highly unlikely SW would take any sleeping meds because she's pregnant. We had raised the question of CW giving the girls cough meds or benadryl's to make them sleep but in retrospect its unlikely.

Sounds logical to me. I've believed the girls were killed on the 12th as one of the neighbors reported he was BBQ alone on the 12th. I looked for the link about what the neighbor saw and now I can't find it.
Wow, if that story is true then no wonder LE has every confidence that he killed all three. I bet they are seething about that. No wonder the friend was so alarmed when SW did not answer her call. That would also explain her being so concerned about not receiving the "good morning" text, as she was probably looking for it. I hope this at least removes any doubt that he annihilated his family. Jmo

From what I understand from a friend who moved to Colorado Springs (wanted to be in Denver but couldn't touch real estate there), the market has been booming and development is just sprawling out all over the place. Roads are clogged at rush hour as there are only a few major arteries in and out of the city and they need more. Hard to find a decent condo or townhouse under $200k and even older tiny ranches can cost $300,000 in decent locations. Crazy.

Unless they each lived with roommates somewhere then, a house sounds out of the question. In divorce, neither would be able to stay in the house without compensation to the other.

I don't think she owned it, did she? Thought the idea was bounced around here the other day that she had been part owner. @Trinket78, do you know if SW was part owner? I recall you shared with us that she sold car rims. Someone found some court docs that included her name (looked like someone was suing them) but I thought she was listed last as she was probably the salesperson, as the name of the business was listed first.

ETA: See Gardenista's post #396. Those court docs listed her as part owner.
She could have been just an employee of that business, and the plaintiff was in dispute with the the business (deep pocket) and her both. My guess only.

Wow, if that story is true then no wonder LE has every confidence that he killed all three. I bet they are seething about that. No wonder the friend was so alarmed when SW did not answer her call. That would also explain her being so concerned about not receiving the "good morning" text, as she was probably looking for it. I hope this at least removes any doubt that he annihilated his family. Jmo
It could also explain the dates on the affidavit of death on 12/13 August, IIRC.

Again, COD is not out so anything like this wouldn’t not be surprising, moo.

Random thought, not based on anything at all, maybe he’d been poisoning Shanann...Or even the kids for all we know (not for the purpose of MbP/FDIA (attention)).

How many cases do we see on Forensic Files where the spouse tries to poison their mate slowly over a period of time?

Have we ever seen a case where a man poison kids? I know this is a reach, just curious. Not saying this happened, just wondering.
There is so so much that LE knows that they haven't made public. Hopefully we will be privy to those details someday. So until then... tic toc... tic toc...

*edited for phantom wordso_O

Can you imagine the panic SW was feeling? Probably why NAU (Is that her friend's name?) Nikole was so quick to go over there. Nikole seems like she didn't reveal the full extent of SW's concern.
Yes, I should have replied under this post but i just got to it. It explains her urgency, her rushing over, her sitting on the bed in a daze in disbelief, she must have known.... or at least have been very scared that it was true. Jmo

I was searching for information about the Watts case, and I found Websleuths. I have been reading this thread for weeks.

When I heard a pregnant woman and her two children were missing, and her husband had given media interviews, I immediately concluded he must be guilty because that is par for the course in these types of cases.

When I saw the media interviews, I thought CW's performance was awkard. He did not strike me as overly confident. However, his lack of emotion indicated guilt, IMO.

I was surprised he confessed so quickly, but I believe that has been stated by others on this forum before. However, given the amount of evidence LE had already gathered, how could CW possibly deny his involvement?

IMO, the only logical conclusion at this point is CW is guilty of the murders of Shanann and the girls. His story of SW killing the children seems implausible.

Having said that, I am interested in other opinions. I was not there, so I can not say with 100% certainty what happened that night. I could be surprised by forthcoming evidence.

Like others, I "project" my own life experiences onto this case. My father led a "double life" that no one knew about until my parents divorced when I was in high school. My father married my mother as a "cover up" to his problems, some of which have been speculated by others as issues CW may have had as well.

The worst thing for someone like my father would be having his secret exposed. Once the mask falls off of a person leading a double life, they don't have much else left. I think the guilt and shame would more likely lead to suicide though, rather than homicide.

There are correlations I think are relevant, but this post is already too long, and it is only speculation.

I am interested in reading posts from all viewpoints. I understand the reasoning behind the speculation. I want to know why this happened.

Also, after watching the Thrive videos, I have wondered if SW's involvement in her MLM was an escape for her. I am not on social media, so the only glimpses I get of her facebook posts are here or MSM articles.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member