Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's assume that the case goes to trial if nothing happens to him in jail. He will still be convicted for what he has confessed to already. CW will be spending the rest of his life in prison. Even if the DA does decide to go after capital punishment that would take years also. The last execution in Colorado was on October 13, 1977.

If he can get off on all of these charges it would be a miracle and a failure of the judicial system.
Just just to be factual, the last execution in Colorado was October 13, 1997. I think it was a Friday and we had a bad blizzard.

I understand what you are saying about defiling a body and treating a body with respect. I get it! But here is what I dont get! You have a person, that has just strangled the life out of a woman that he supposedly loved. Probably did the same with the children - that is yet to be decided! But in the court of opinion he is guilty! So why do you expect a person that has just committed premeditated murder of at least one person, to care how he disposes of the bodies? He was trying to find a place to conceal what he had done! He needed to do it quickly. What better place than the oil field that he was quite familiar with. He knew it was a remote location, he had access to it, so he did it! IMO, he had not given a lot of thought to this part of his plan. If this is truly premeditated and not done in a rage!
I don't think the rage excuse will cover hours.

I’m sharing this video again for y’all that missed it. Nowhere in his speech does he mention when it deteriorates you should kill your family.

Six years before being accused of murdering his pregnant wife and children, Chris Watts made a video of himself giving a presentation about saving relationships.

Watts, now 33, posted a nine-minute video titled “Relationship Deterioration and Repair” on his YouTube page in April 2012. He explained in the caption that the PowerPoint slideshow was created for a communications class he was taking at the time.

I always feel as though I'm suffering with motion sickness watching that video.

Wow, glee? I don't imagine anyone here ever feels glee or any other happy feelings when it comes to four dead souls! Regardless of doubt, I can safely state with the utmost confidence that nobody here is gleeful about the deaths of Shanann and her children. My word.
I don’t think anyone is happy that four people lost their lives, but I definitely have gotten the impression there’s some glee w/some people when it comes to picking into SW’s FB videos and other elements of her personal life. My opinion only, but that is the way it has come across to me.

A former roommate (NASCAR??) of CW's just gave an interview on AB.

Roomy says that CW was a perfectionist.

FWIW, I find it interesting that CW married a fellow perfectionist.

Articulate interview. I recommend watching it on the replay of AB.
That is interesting. I'm a perfectionist but I could not bear to be married to one, it would drive me crazy! My hubs is a slob like no other but we balance each other out.:rolleyes:

After that, the roommate makes me think of my old roommate. She was anorexic and super high achiever and had no life outside of school and work. She was also Asbergers/borderline autistic. And the roomie said his interviews were just like how he always acts, doesn't show much emotion ever. I worked with autistic kids for my MA. He seems to have many qualities: no emotion, hard worker/high achiever, not many friends etc. Edit: Anyway a lot of us are on the spectrum in some way, doesn't mean that has anything to do with murder, more his personal relationships.
"No emotion" does not mean the person isn't FEELING emotion, it just means they are good at hiding it.

I understand what you are saying about defiling a body and treating a body with respect. I get it! But here is what I dont get! You have a person, that has just strangled the life out of a woman that he supposedly loved. Probably did the same with the children - that is yet to be decided! But in the court of opinion he is guilty! So why do you expect a person that has just committed premeditated murder of at least one person, to care how he disposes of the bodies? He was trying to find a place to conceal what he had done! He needed to do it quickly. What better place than the oil field that he was quite familiar with. He knew it was a remote location, he had access to it, so he did it! IMO, he had not given a lot of thought to this part of his plan. If this is truly premeditated and not done in a rage!

I see what you're saying, but CW's story is, currently, that he only killed one person, his wife, the one who ended up in the shallow grave, not his two girls, who were put in separate oil tanks. And with that, the question, well, one, is why hide them if he didn't kill them?

ETA: Thanks for sticking around and discussing this. I understand your initial post earlier today better. :)

Last edited:
After that, the roommate makes me think of my old roommate. She was anorexic and super high achiever and had no life outside of school and work. She was also Asbergers/borderline autistic. And the roomie said his interviews were just like how he always acts, doesn't show much emotion ever. I worked with autistic kids for my MA. He seems to have many qualities: no emotion, hard worker/high achiever, not many friends etc. Edit: Anyway a lot of us are on the spectrum in some way, doesn't mean that has anything to do with murder, more his personal relationships.
AB is getting a bit off the charts.... I'm having a hard time following her timeline (i.e curbside trash pickup).... is it @Layla123 that does the AB run down??.... if so, she will have a better grip.... I'm exhausted trying to follow AB!

IMO, all the lovey posts were a FU to AP.

I'm torn between this and the possibility that SW was unaware of the affair and still in love with him. Perhaps she had only noticed his acting distant and was trying to pull him back. The question is, did she post these type of messages about him consistently, throughout their marriage, or only in recent weeks?

Yeah, What Lies!!?? Other than being a fool in love!

Every time she posted what a great husband Chris was, while calling him a loser and knowing that he was having sex with other people.

Claiming Thrive allowed her to spend more time with her kids than her real job did.
She was promoting her brand. I would not call those actions of hers "lies". I also don't think she knew he was having extra-marital relations with others until the last few weeks of her life. And maybe, (we don't know what she was thinking at the time) she wanted to try to work things out because she was pregnant so she kept posting positive things on SM.

Last edited:

I have to respectfully disagree here. I know I’ve said it multiple times, but I’ll reiterate that even as a verified psych professional, I can’t make diagnoses on someone from media appearances. That said, I don’t agree that he has ASD traits. We’ve seen him show emotion—it just isn’t the emotion one would expect for the situation. I don’t see evidence that he has trouble reading or interpreting social cues, and it appears that he has a number of friends.

Every time she posted what a great husband Chris was, while calling him a loser and knowing that he was having sex with other people.

Claiming Thrive allowed her to spend more time with her kids than her real job did.
We do not know that she KNEW, he “was having sex with other people.” We only know she may have suspected it.

She was trying to promote her business. She may have misrepresented the truth here. Big deal.

He lied about where his family was. He lied about murder. He dumped his kids in oil, and buried his wife in a shallow grave.

Latching on to social media posts made by the victim, and using them as some sort of evidence against SW, is IMO, completely absurd, reckless, and inherently flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme