Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I wasn't wondering about the children, just wondering about like case history of how mitigating circumstances, specifically abuse, played into sentencing in cases which have already gone through sentencing, ... obviously lol.

Like, what's happened historically in those types of cases? and does anyone know has there ever been a case where a male victim of spousal abuse has killed his abuser and used that in his defense or as a mitigating circumstances in sentencing?

I don't know of one that has been successful. But it could be done. Men are victims too.

But it would have to include intensive physical abuse for it to be a successful mitigator, IMO. I say that because we see case after case of children -CHILDREN - who are convicted of murder and not given reduced sentences, despite testimony about intensive abuse they suffered.

We also see how hard it is for women to use the abuse mitigator. It would be harder for a man.

It is passive/aggressive behavior. CW can't dish back because it is SW's "work" video. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire. JMO

I was just wondering, are you a psychologist or somehow otherwise licensed to diagnose or professionaly address personality or mental disorders or abnormal behavior? Sincere question. Not being snarky.

Must one be licensed to recognize passive aggressive behavior? That's what the OP said. Not a personality disorder, or a mental disorder or addressing any of same.

OP wasn't making a clinical statement in that post.

There may be a verified psychologist somewhere on WS, though. If anyone knows one, let's get them over here.

(If there is one already, I apologise for not knowing that)

In a court of law, yes. And SM posts IMO would not lend to the "diagnosis" and justify the murder of these poor victims who thanks to CW.... have no voice here to defend themselves against or tell their own stories about these horrific allegations against a loving wife, mother. And friend. JMO

I'm in my bedroom on a tablet. I'm not in court.

Just responding to a question that was not requoted in your post here.

Eta
Ohhh

Yeah no

Someone said something, you questioned their professional credentials to say it, I asked why they needed those to say that, you said in court, I said we're not in court.

Please stop quoting me out of context. Perhaps review your quotes

Did and edited, dude

All respect, do you have credentials to diagnose or recognize passive aggressive behavior that would lead to the strangulation of 2 precious babies and a pregnant mother? Something that would show that ribbing leads to this horrific tragedy? Some evidence that would point to this ending?

There is the quote train in all its glory.

I can recognize passive aggressive behavior. Is there a DSM code literally for "passive aggressive behavior?" Because that's not a mental illness, or a personality disorder, so it literally can't be "diagnosed" in the US at all.

Because passive aggressive behavior is a symptom, not a disorder.

So, yes, I'm very qualified to recognize and identify passive aggressive behavior, and one need not be "qualified" anywhere to do so, because that in itself is not a diagnosis.

Yes it’s based on facts... but it fills in the gaps in a way that - IMO - tells a story that’s aligned with CW’s innocence (relating to the 2 girls).

People have assumed that if something isn’t listed in the affidavit, it didn’t happen - which is not necessarily true - and, IMO, are underestimating the nervousness and anxiety and panic of a man who’s just killed his wife.

This is not MY position - I am not demonizing anyone or victim blaming - and I am not looking to get into any back and forth about the details - I just thought it would be an interesting exercise to pretend this was MY case, and these were the only facts in existence. How would I tell the story?

And I was quite surprised at how well it came together - in a way that I think could be relatable to a jury.

It’s a good (necessary) exercise for an attorney - but it’s a good exercise for anyone, actually. Strip away all your assumptions and look at the bare facts - not the conclusions you have drawn from them - and ask yourself how you would tell the story from the other side’s point of view, acknowledging the facts we have but also filling in the gaps in a way that is not inconsistent with those facts. How might you explain his actions in a way that aligns with his innocence (regarding the girls)? Same with his demeanor during the interview? His choice of disposal site?

I would rather challenge others to do this than give you my narrative - because I’m sure there are actually endless variations on it, with details I wouldn’t have thought of.

Thank you- you've said this much better than I could have!

Indeed, I think it's a useful exercise to try to see another viewpoint. (And if nothing else than to better understand your own convictions in the end!)

Why did Nicole have a key to CW and SW’s house. We know she did because she opened the door but the latch was on. When did SW give her a key and why? Obviously, CW did not know she had a key.
I've wondered about that too. A VI might have an answer, I haven't read NUA mentioning it in any news article.

Some guesses - could be due to SW's health issues if she couldn't get to the door after collapsing,
or NUA has house sat on occasions when they've gone on vacation,
or so NUA can have access to Thrive products stored in SW's home if she's out,
NUA holds a spare if SW or CW lose/misplace their keys.

Could be none of the above but yes, I've thought about it. :p

I think some feel that because he seemed so wonderful prior to this (ignoring the cheating I guess) he must have been somehow driven to this or have experienced something that made him lose his mind.

We've seen this over and over again though. I do think he's like scott Peterson. Someone everyone thought was sweet and sincere and a good person.

And who was not.

I don't see much difference. People can fool those around them.
Perhaps some people just want this case to be different, something new and different? We've seen the scenario played out so many times that it's predictable. Some of us look at it and say, "He's a family annihilator." while others look at it and determine there must be something that's going to make this one end differently. The thing is if these guys weren't convincing liars and manipulators, they wouldn't be likely to have beautiful families to slaughter. JMO

I can recognize passive aggressive behavior. Is there a DSM code literally for "passive aggressive behavior?" Because that's not a mental illness, or a personality disorder, so it literally can't be "diagnosed" in the US at all.

So, yes, I'm very qualified to recognize and identify passive aggressive behavior, and one need not be "qualified" anywhere to do so, because that in itself is not a diagnosis.

And IMO rarely leads to the strangulation of 2 precious babies, a pregnant wife with a son in her belly, buried in crude oil separately and buried in dirt.

I like when you chain posts like that. It makes for a better read.

Perhaps some people just want this case to be different, something new and different? We've seen the scenario played out so many times that it's predictable. Some of us look at it and say, "He's a family annihilator." while others look at it and determine there must be something that's going to make this one end differently. The thing is if these guys weren't convincing liars and manipulators, they wouldn't be likely to have beautiful families to slaughter. JMO
Yes, she must have provoked him. See it all the time. She must have done something.

No wonder I'm so confused! All along I was thinking you were referring to Passive Agressive Personality Disorder! Good night.

Do you think being verbally/emotionally abusive is the same as ribbing? I apologise in advance if I've misunderstood.
Was SW verbally/emotionally abusive though and who gets to decide? How can one speak for CW, how do we know his mind? We can guess, offer an opinion like one personally finds SW's words offensive and maybe, CW did too, but it's not a fact, that's all I'm stating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angelinazoomazooma