Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In cases where abused spouses kill their spouse, is the abuse considered in the sentencing as mitigating circumstances?

I'm not familiar with many of those cases I'll have to research but if anyone knows that'd be cool.

I'm not familiar with those cases, either. Reasonable force criteria will be in play as well.

Yes, I wasn't wondering about the children, just wondering about like case history of how mitigating circumstances, specifically abuse, played into sentencing in cases which have already gone through sentencing, ... obviously lol.

Like, what's happened historically in those types of cases? and does anyone know has there ever been a case where a male victim of spousal abuse has killed his abuser and used that in his defense or as a mitigating circumstances in sentencing?
I haven't heard of any cases like that, but if you do some research you just might find one. Jmo

She was pregnant and took the 2 toddlers on a 5 week vacation while leaving hubby with 5 weeks worth of freedom to do whatever.

That sounds like a good mom and wife to me. Very thoughtful of her indeed. Jmo
Because he is on suicide watch and refuses to even talk to his family.

So I guess she wasn't that bad of a wife and mom.

Yes of course I understand why some people would consider that as being a loving wife and mother, but I was confused as to why SW being on suicide watch would be the reason you reached that decision, as your initial response above indicated.

Murderers often never disclose the reason why they committed the crime. If he's ultimately found guilty of the murder of his entire family but you still don't know the reason why, will you believe he’s guilty?
I will always believe he’s guilty of 4 murders. I could not be on the jury. I don’t think we’ll ever know why. It is beyond comprehension no matter the circumstances. I will always wonder why. Even if he told why we couldn’t believe him.

Why did Nicole have a key to CW and SW’s house. We know she did because she opened the door but the latch was on. When did SW give her a key and why? Obviously, CW did not know she had a key.
I've always thought he did know and that's why the latch was set. That's merely speculation though. Sometimes neighbors will have a key in case someone gets locked out or to put boxes inside the house if they are away, etc...

Last edited:
I think some feel that because he seemed so wonderful prior to this (ignoring the cheating I guess) he must have been somehow driven to this or have experienced something that made him lose his mind.

We've seen this over and over again though. I do think he's like scott Peterson. Someone everyone thought was sweet and sincere and a good person.

And who was not.

I don't see much difference. People can fool those around them.
I think Scott Peterson is the quintessential example in analyzing how something like this, can come seemingly out of nowhere.

He was charismatic, well liked, and had no known history of abuse.

If someone like that, with no warning signs, could do what he did, then it’s not a stretch to see how other people can be just like him.

He fooled everyone, just like this guy.

But it does give insight into what might have driven him over the edge. If indeed he did it without planning ahead. There is nothing I can imagine to get insight on either of them killing the little girls.
It's posted over and over though that SW was verbally/emotionally abusive towards CW and that he took offense to her ribbing him, that's an opinion, not fact. We have no idea what CW called SW behind closed doors. JMO

This woman is dead...killed by who should have been her best friend and protector...she had her faults and foibles...she didn't even get to live her whole, best life, all her babies were murdered and dumped like trash...<modsnipped unnecessary comments> If SW wasn't safe in her own home, none of us are. :(o_O:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's posted over and over though that SW was verbally/emotionally abusive towards CW and that he took offense to her ribbing him, that's an opinion, not fact. We have no idea what CW called SW behind closed doors. JMO
Do you think being verbally/emotionally abusive is the same as ribbing? I apologise in advance if I've misunderstood.

She was the one passive aggressive in the sense that she "ribs" (or whatever) him on camera where she knows he must take it because it's live.

All respect, do you have credentials to diagnose or recognize passive aggressive behavior that would lead to the strangulation of 2 precious babies and a pregnant mother? Something that would show that ribbing leads to this horrific tragedy? Some evidence that would point to this ending?

But it is only your opinion that he was verbally abused and you are going of some FB posts which he did not have participate in.
I don't believe I gave an opinion that I thought he was verbally/emotionally abused? If you could point me to the post where I stated this, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

All respect, do you have credentials to diagnose or recognize passive aggressive behavior that would lead to the strangulation of 2 precious babies and a pregnant mother? Something that would show that ribbing leads to this horrific tragedy? Some evidence that would point to this ending?
Are we assuming that she is ribbing him because what she really wants to say is that he is not participating the way she would like and this is her way of telling him? There is a lot of detail that is reqired before we can make another diagnosis here and then we are distracted again by an unnecessary, unfounded conversation of someone's weaknesses or mental disorders. I have been trying to follow two separate conversations and neither one makes any sense. This is exhausting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angelinazoomazooma