Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those complaining about SW being discussed as anything less than a victim, I wish you would take it up with Tricia, although I think she has already made it clear.

It's discouraging to wade through pages and pages, admonishing posters for having an unpopular opinion.

Found Deceased - CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #25

One of many messages from Tricia -

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for participating. This is certainly a lively discussion.

Please remember just because someone disagrees with you doesn't' mean it's against TOS. I know it is very difficult for many of you to believe Chris Watts story that his wife, Shanann killed their kids but it is his defense and members are allowed to believe that's how this crime went down. Please do not berate anyone for wanting to withhold judgment or believing in Chris Watts story. You can certainly debate but in a mature manner.

Carry on and thank you,
Tricia
No one is admonishing posters with a different viewpoint, disagreeing is not an admonishment.

For those complaining about SW being discussed as anything less than a victim, I wish you would take it up with Tricia, although I think she has already made it clear.

It's discouraging to wade through pages and pages, admonishing posters for having an unpopular opinion.

Found Deceased - CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #25

One of many messages from Tricia -

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for participating. This is certainly a lively discussion.

Please remember just because someone disagrees with you doesn't' mean it's against TOS. I know it is very difficult for many of you to believe Chris Watts story that his wife, Shanann killed their kids but it is his defense and members are allowed to believe that's how this crime went down. Please do not berate anyone for wanting to withhold judgment or believing in Chris Watts story. You can certainly debate but in a mature manner.

Carry on and thank you,
Tricia
No one is admonishing "posters". Surely you don't think that we can't disagree with the views of those posters? I have been on lots of sites in the past where "poster bashing" dominates it all. One of the reasons I like it here is because it isn't allowed.

My heart breaks for all the WS members that have lost children. I have been brushed aside too by doctors with a sick child.

Whether or not SW made up the illnesses, it does not change anything IMO. She is still dead.

What is it that makes you think SW was just as likely to kill her children?

Why? Because this crime is so out of the ordinary something unheard of happened behind those closed doors. By all accounts this was the normal financially over extended young middle class family. There were no long criminal histories, past histories of violence or a long list of people labeling one as a 'psycho'. Just normal people that we have a unique insight into because of a heavy SM presence.

I have two theories which is why is stated 50/50. I believe SW had a lot to lose if her marriage failed. It appears their financial outlook had been bleak for some time. She appeared to me to have a high maintenance lifestyle that needed cash flow and losing the stable income from CW would be a huge hit. I really just do not think she was making that much money with Thrive simply because it costs a lot to maintain the MLM charade. Part of the MLM 'recipe for success' is to show off how successful you are financially which means spending the money you earn. There is a reason most MLM's push things like luxury cars, that is part of the image. It would also damage the perfect social media image she relied on to push her product to a network of strangers. Then she needed support such as a caretaker for the kids when she goes on these MLM networking vacations. She was used to being in control and the loss of that could cause an explosive situation. Add all that up coupled with the looming argument with a husband who is planning to leave you could cause a reaction totally out of character and unexpected, the proverbial 'snap'.

The rest of it could play out just as his confession went. He claims he murdered a murderer. The lies and body disposals were from a panicked man who knew no one would believe him as he stood in the house with a dead family. He tried to bury them but found the task impossible in the time allotted so the children were hidden in the tank out of necessity. Bottom line, she had every reason to keep things together. Her entire identity was dependent on it. He was a man overcome by rage and then by panicked self preservation.

The other theory pretty much models others that have been posted about CW so I won't reiterate it. He simply snapped and killed everyone and his plan was foiled by a friend who interjected herself before he finished the cleanup.

However, it just doesn't make much sense. It seemed clear he wanted out, she appeared to be expecting it from conversations with others on the trips. He wasn't the one struggling to keep it together to maintain control, she was. From my view, the one who is losing control of their marriage because their spouse is leaving is the one more likely to snap and kill the family as the ultimate act of vengeance. If I can't have you no one will type of thoughts, the guy who is ready to leave it behind isn't. He had no need to kill anyone to move on, he was the one with the stable job so all he needed to do was walk away. Killing the family does nothing for him. He has to know the suspicion alone would be insurmountable and making a family disappear certainly has no financial benefit.

Those factors are what led me to look at the 'what if his story does have some truth'. I know it won't be received well on here but so be it.

I don't think anyone has questioned whether he killed everyone. A lot of us are trying to figure out WHY? WHY did this happen? He is not Scott Peterson. He seemed like a doting husband and father. We are just exploring what happened? And literally what happened in that house? However, every time someone starts that path...the response is "but crude oil" and "how is this pertinant"..."and that's not a reason for murder".
More than several people have stated they believe SW killed her little girls. Even though there’s not one shred of evidence supporting that other than the accusation of a confirmed liar who we know dumped his babies bodies in oil and had an adulterous affair. SW was not perfect, no one is. And I don’t think CW showed signs of being a homicidal father. But the facts that we know so far don’t provide a whit of evidence SW killed the girls. CW’s social media isn’t available to pick apart, hiss at and criticize — perhaps if it was people wouldn’t be tearimg apart the victim w/apparant glee.

right? Why isn’t C.W. being called out for keeping the dog, the medical concerns, getting his high risk wife pregnant? Seriously, if she is “guilty” of these things he co-piloted and is equally guilty.

Other interesting tidbits: we cannot scrutinize C.W.’s social media usage because he wiped it a week prior to the murders. How convenient! Perhaps he was posting non-stop? Who can prove otherwise? I’d be willing to bet he was on his phone as much as she was. (And MOO: She was using SM mostly for work/PR while he was using mostly for fun and for sexting.)

Can anyone actually prove that he did ALL the housework? I’m pretty sure the only people who could attest to this are all dead.

People have commented that his SM was mostly sports commentary and whatever Thrive posts. IMO, he wasn’t very motivated to be a Thriver, and I strongly suspect that Shanann was posting and writing the posts for him. I think he posed for photos but was very passive about it. Shanann was 100% the driven one. I don’t think he gave two farts about SM and wouldn’t have used it in his extramarital adventures.

I also think deleting his FB was an eff-you to Shanann and rejecting something she cared about.

JMO

As for “getting her pregnant”, all I can say is: it takes two. The person who doesn’t want a baby has several methods to prevent it. If there was any coercion on either party’s part, that’s a huge problem in a marriage.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT HE DID NOT KILL THEM

But here are some things that are interesting to me until more info is given

1. For those that do not believe that doctors do not give intense procedures that are not needed, this is the case of Gypsy Rose Blanchard. Murder of Dee Dee Blanchard - Wikipedia

I am NOT referencing this because of MBP which I do not believe SW had. I am merely referencing because of the doctor’s unneeded and inaccurate treatments. It happens.

2. People are saying he made up the separation to NAU when she was at the door. How do people explain that SW’s mother’s friend was talking about it in North Carolina?

3. There are people who love drama. Ordinary events are stretched to provide drama. For instance, getting immunization records for the airline trip.

I looked on multiple sites and kids flying under age 14 are no big deal re ID.This is one example of an ordinary event made dramatic.

4. I have a friend who truly has had a tragic life. But she makes up stuff to make it even more so. She loves the drama and what she gets from it. Lots of gifts, lunches, free stays at nice places.

Never on her FB have I heard people questioning anything. She did tell me her older sister is sick of all of the drama. My friend was outraged about the comment.

5. People have been saying why they think SW could have killed the children. The disregard of allergies. The videos of her being very insensitive to the children.

The bringing them to the doctor so often.

People then say how those are ridiculous. But those are some of the reasons that seem concerning .

Even if she killed the kids, he killed her. So hidng them all saves him. There is no getting around that he killed her and he was going to prison unless he got rid of all evidence.

7. Was he hiding his true self all of those years? The only people I have self diagnosed as sociopaths are unpleasant. They lie, cheat in little ways . There are inconsistencies in things they say and do

Most people are not analyzing orhers very much until their own lives are impacted by a person. Maybe in retrospect people will remember things that now have meaning.

#3...

My kids and I fly at least once a month. I ALWAYS fly with a copy of their birth certificates and updated immunization forms. Always If there is an emergency then they are useful. When we have taken our kids to the ER on vacations, the doctors have always appreciated having the immunization schedule to look at-ESPECIALLY since the US does not have a central healthcare database. In addition, we have done some act7vities that required updated immunizations and we have had to show proof.

As such, saying that she was overly dramatic because of this example is not a fact or even evidence-it is your opinion.

Why? Because this crime is so out of the ordinary something unheard of happened behind those closed doors. By all accounts this was the normal financially over extended young middle class family. There were no long criminal histories, past histories of violence or a long list of people labeling one as a 'psycho'. Just normal people that we have a unique insight into because of a heavy SM presence.

I have two theories which is why is stated 50/50. I believe SW had a lot to lose if her marriage failed. It appears their financial outlook had been bleak for some time. She appeared to me to have a high maintenance lifestyle that needed cash flow and losing the stable income from CW would be a huge hit. I really just do not think she was making that much money with Thrive simply because it costs a lot to maintain the MLM charade. Part of the MLM 'recipe for success' is to show off how successful you are financially which means spending the money you earn. There is a reason most MLM's push things like luxury cars, that is part of the image. It would also damage the perfect social media image she relied on to push her product to a network of strangers. Then she needed support such as a caretaker for the kids when she goes on these MLM networking vacations. She was used to being in control and the loss of that could cause an explosive situation. Add all that up coupled with the looming argument with a husband who is planning to leave you could cause a reaction totally out of character and unexpected, the proverbial 'snap'.

The rest of it could play out just as his confession went. He claims he murdered a murderer. The lies and body disposals were from a panicked man who knew no one would believe him as he stood in the house with a dead family. He tried to bury them but found the task impossible in the time allotted so the children were hidden in the tank out of necessity. Bottom line, she had every reason to keep things together. Her entire identity was dependent on it. He was a man overcome by rage and then by panicked self preservation.

The other theory pretty much models others that have been posted about CW so I won't reiterate it. He simply snapped and killed everyone and his plan was foiled by a friend who interjected herself before he finished the cleanup.

However, it just doesn't make much sense. It seemed clear he wanted out, she appeared to be expecting it from conversations with others on the trips. He wasn't the one struggling to keep it together to maintain control, she was. From my view, the one who is losing control of their marriage because their spouse is leaving is the one more likely to snap and kill the family as the ultimate act of vengeance. If I can't have you no one will type of thoughts, the guy who is ready to leave it behind isn't. He had no need to kill anyone to move on, he was the one with the stable job so all he needed to do was walk away. Killing the family does nothing for him. He has to know the suspicion alone would be insurmountable and making a family disappear certainly has no financial benefit.

Those factors are what led me to look at the 'what if his story does have some truth'. I know it won't be received well on here but so be it.

BBM, I disagree with this. She did not kill him because 'if I can't have you no one will', he killed her. And it is not a particularly unique case. Many men have annihilated their families because they wanted to be free of responsibility to enjoy other relationships, which he was doing anyway, but his finances would be better without children to support.

Re BBM and JMO

Good question. That would be the normal thing to do wouldnt it?

Also many people are revived after suffocation or drowning and miraculously the first responders can sometimes bring them back to life. So if we are to believe his excuse it means he decided to not even try to get first responders over there to save his last child or the other child.
(Snipped by me for space)

You dont start hiding bodies unless you are guilty IMO.
I dont know of a single case where someone hid a body and they were not either totally responsible or partially responsible in the persons death.

It’s kind of like hitting someone with your car. If you stay on the scene and call for help, the punishment is usually pretty light. Accidents happen. If you hit and run, you’re automatically at fault and in for a world of punishment.

And this is OT, but now I’m thinking of Justin Harris, who left his baby in a sweltering car all day. Many times, parents are not charged in those deaths.

Can you please provide a link showing he hadn't "come up" with his story until he talked to his dad. I didn't think we heard about what his story was prior to hearing "the story." And how do you know when exactly he "came up" with it? Just because he didn't express it to anyone until he talked with his dad doesn't mean he was lying. My guess was he was scared to tell his story--rightfully so, and waited until he knew he had his dad's love and support.

But please provide a link that his story changed between arrest and Dad.
"Days after letting police inside his home so they could help find his missing family, Christopher Watts told investigators "he would tell the truth."

Watts first asked to speak with his father, then admitted to killing his wife, Shannan. Watts told police in court papers released Monday that he killed her after witnessing her strangling one of the girls on a baby monitor. He said she had already killed the other child." Christopher Watts blames his wife for daughters' killings, court documents say

1. For those that do not believe that doctors do not give intense procedures that are not needed, this is the case of Gypsy Rose Blanchard. Murder of Dee Dee Blanchard - Wikipedia

I am NOT referencing this because of MBP which I do not believe SW had. I am merely referencing because of the doctor’s unneeded and inaccurate treatments. It happens.

2. People are saying he made up the separation to NAU when she was at the door. How do people explain that SW’s mother’s friend was talking about it in North Carolina?

3. There are people who love drama. Ordinary events are stretched to provide drama. For instance, getting immunization records for the airline trip.

I looked on multiple sites and kids flying under age 14 are no big deal re ID.This is one example of an ordinary event made dramatic.

4. I have a friend who truly has had a tragic life. But she makes up stuff to make it even more so. She loves the drama and what she gets from it. Lots of gifts, lunches, free stays at nice places.

Never on her FB have I heard people questioning anything. She did tell me her older sister is sick of all of the drama. My friend was outraged about the comment.

5. People have been saying why they think SW could have killed the children. The disregard of allergies. The videos of her being very insensitive to the children.

People then say how those are ridiculous. But those are some of the reasons that seem concerning .

Even if she killed the kids, he killed her. So hidng them all saves him. There is no getting around that he killed her and he was going to prison unless he got rid of all evidence.

7. Was he hiding his true self all of those years? The only people I have self diagnosed as sociopaths are unpleasant. They lie, cheat in little ways . There are inconsistencies in things they say and do

Most people are not analyzing orhers very much until their own lives are impacted by a person. Maybe in retrospect people will remember things that now have meaning.

This is an excellent post and nicely worded. Thank you @human

Yes, this. I wouldn't get along with my MIL either if she did not respect my choices on what my kids could eat. As a mother that is my decision, not hers and I do not have to justify it to anyone.
The MIL did not give the ice cream to SW’s children. This rumor has grown legs & sprouted wings.

There is a difference between believing that his side of things could be true, that she killed her children based on what happened that night from his word and media interviews, police reports, as that will come up in trial... and dragging her through the mud with no guidelines.

Question for any of the attorneys here (@gitana1 ?) but in a trial, as ugly as the character assassination may get by defense, aren't there rules and guidelines as to what is admissible and what isn't? I can't fathom that it would be OK to put the victim on trial by allowing anything and everything to be thrown at her, real and completely made up i.e. BPD, MBP etc. as a defense for CW until something sticks.

I'm feeling like that is how it is here, though. There is little to no practical reasoning for most of the negative things that have been suggested about her. It seems like because CW said she killed her children, it is fine to say literally anything about Shanann with zero evidence or reasoning whatsoever. A free for all. We've gone beyond discussing rationally why HE did what he did, and have minimized his guilt and gone straight to analyzing every bit of her SM account and her mothering skills, her character. Then just guessing at things randomly almost to the point of creating a fake Shanann that could have been the one who would have killed her kids and left poor Chris a victim.

Can we have another reminder that these are real people here?! There's an underlying disrespect in trying to shape her into a villanous character to fit the wild theories.

What we know for sure is that HE is a killer. He admitted to ignoring his dying children, he admitted to murdering his wife and unborn son, and he admitted to covering it all up. He admitted to lying multiple times. He admitted to cheating. HE is charged with multiple crimes because both the police and the DA felt the evidence was there and solid.

Why this doesn't give a slight bias or implication of his guilt over hers is beyond me. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

Unassuming husbands with no prior warning signs, have massacred their families on countless occasions.

It is not a new phenomenon.

What does not happen, is two different people (SW and C.W.) becoming murderers at the same time.

You would have to believe that Shanann suddenly snapped and killed her kids.

Then you would have to believe that instead of fighting Shanann off, calling 911, and saving the kids, C.W. also decided to become a murderer.

So essentially two people “snap at once.”

Of course only one of them lied on national television.

Only one of them buried his wife in a shallow grave.

Only one of them dumped his kids’ bodies in oil.

Only one of them is here to talk about it, and he is a liar.

People have commented that his SM was mostly sports commentary and whatever Thrive posts. IMO, he wasn’t very motivated to be a Thriver, and I strongly suspect that Shanann was posting and writing the posts for him. I think he posed for photos but was very passive about it. Shanann was 100% the driven one. I don’t think he gave two farts about SM and wouldn’t have used it in his extramarital adventures.

I also think deleting his FB was an eff-you to Shanann and rejecting something she cared about.

JMO

As for “getting her pregnant”, all I can say is: it takes two. The person who doesn’t want a baby has several methods to prevent it. If there was any coercion on either party’s part, that’s a huge problem in a marriage.
Well a hell of a lot of videos and pics of him show him staring at his phone. He did it just as much as she did IMO.

More than several people have stated they believe SW killed her little girls. Even though there’s not one shred of evidence supporting that other than the accusation of a confirmed liar who we know dumped his babies bodies in oil and had an adulterous affair. SW was not perfect, no one is. And I don’t think CW showed signs of being a homicidal father. But the facts that we know so far don’t provide a whit of evidence SW killed the girls. CW’s social media isn’t available to pick apart, hiss at and criticize — perhaps if it was people wouldn’t be tearimg apart the victim w/apparant glee.
BBM And therein lies the problem.

Witness: Cece had a tree allergy
Prosecution: Objection your honor, IRRELEVANT!
Judge: SUSTAINED

Witness: Her closets were extremely organized.

Witness: She took the girls to the chiropractor.

MOO

This used to be on the top of every thread.

he difference now is we have a defendant who is telling his story about what happened. He has not been found guilty so since he is the only witness and he says Shanann killed their two children then we have to allow discussion on whether this is true or not. If a member wishes to believe Chris Watts is telling the truth then we must respectfully let that person express their opinion as long as it is within TOS.

Please alert if you see a post that violates our terms of service. It is not a violation of our TOS if someone expresses that she/he believes Shanann murdered her children. Until we have a guilty verdict or until Chris Watts changes his story we will allow discussion on this topic.

Thanks,
Tricia
Yes, I understand but I also thought there was a rule that opinions cannot be stated as fact. There is alot of that going on here, and this is the first time I have seen it. I think everyone is wlling to hear both sides of the story, many have even politely asked if posters could provide evidence to support these judgements and evidence that SW's controlling and attention seeking, or abusive behavior led to her to murder of her children. Instead I have just heard more of the same, with nothing to back it up. Many posters have stressed that when they do have this evidence they very much would like to see it, as it may completely change how we think things occurred. Several posters asked for an organized list of evidence and what that tells us, as was done for CW. One response was, no-one can tell others how to post. We finally did have some who did it, but they supported the crime being committed by CW so it may not have been done the way others would like to do it. Of course people can post how they feel, but I think it is the speculations with no foundation that is the problem, not the fact that either one may be responsible. I'm sure we would all be open to reading a text in which SW states, "one of these days I'm going to kill those kids" and then speculating from there. But when people are not limited to the facts then it would seem like anything goes. It can certainly make things very confusing. Jmo

Taking sick kids to the doctor is a sign of what, exactly? And what constitutes "often"? That is totally subjective. My oldest child has 4 appointments per month, which is definitely a lot compared to my daughter who only goes 4 times a year. However, I have 2 appointments every week, which is more than my son. My "often" and somene else's "often" may differ by definition. IMO

There is a difference between believing that his side of things could be true, that she killed her children based on what happened that night from his word and media interviews, police reports, as that will come up in trial... and dragging her through the mud with no guidelines.

Question for any of the attorneys here (@gitana1 ?) but in a trial, as ugly as the character assassination may get by defense, aren't there rules and guidelines as to what is admissible and what isn't? I can't fathom that it would be OK to put the victim on trial by allowing anything and everything to be thrown at her, real and completely made up i.e. BPD, MBP etc. as a defense for CW until something sticks.

I'm feeling like that is how it is here, though. There is little to no practical reasoning for most of the negative things that have been suggested about her. It seems like because CW said she killed her children, it is fine to say literally anything about Shanann with zero evidence or reasoning whatsoever. A free for all. We've gone beyond discussing rationally why HE did what he did, and have minimized his guilt and gone straight to analyzing every bit of her SM account and her mothering skills, her character. Then just guessing at things randomly almost to the point of creating a fake Shanann that could have been the one who would have killed her kids and left poor Chris a victim.

Can we have another reminder that these are real people here?! There's an underlying disrespect in trying to shape her into a villanous character to fit the wild theories.

What we know for sure is that HE is a killer. He admitted to ignoring his dying children, he admitted to murdering his wife and unborn son, and he admitted to covering it all up. He admitted to lying multiple times. He admitted to cheating. HE is charged with multiple crimes because both the police and the DA felt the evidence was there and solid.

Why this doesn't give a slight bias or implication of his guilt over hers is beyond me. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.
Last night someone was castigating her for not giving away the family dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiyasofya