Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what you are saying. If she confided to both NUA and people in NC that a separation was immenint then it stands to reason that she was already expecting it. Therefore, the idea that he confronted her with it when she got home from AZ and she "snapped" doesn't hold a lot of water.
The more I think about this, the more I am convinced that CW strangled SW because SHE WANTED the separation! Not him! CW couldn’t stand the idea of family and friends learning what a douche he really was.

Yeah, I remember Gitana saying that, so that's why I found it odd that not only were there MSM reports that he had confessed to all, but the family also had that impression. So maybe it was just a misunderstanding, and maybe LE only told them of "a confession", not necessarily a confession to killing all of them? I don't know but it seems to be a big deal to get that detail so wrong.

And that's why it's a slippery slope for news agencies to report what "sources close to the investigation" say, instead of naming the investigator who said it. It's not always bad practice, but it's never the best practice.

Possibly because I have chosen to shut out/dismiss much the Facebook business, I’ve been somewhat perplexed by the fascination. But it has been bothering me so I spent some time pondering it. I think there are possibly two different things going on with the, IMO, excessive analysis of everything SW ever did or said on FB, IG, etc.

It’s one thing to try to figure out what went wrong in the marriage. Fair enough. But SW and CW were equally responsible for the state their marriage. The happenstance that there is more material giving us a glimpse at SW doesn’t exonerate CW from his role in the relationship. The inability to call up and dissect his words and actions on SM doesn’t mean he didn’t have any.

It’s a totally different thing to use SWs social media to look for the reason why CW did the things he did. That is wrong. I say that because in the end I don’t believe the answer to what CW did can be found in her. The answer is in him. It’s the only place it could ever be.

Anyway, I needed to explore why it was frustrating me and this is kind of how I’m seeing that phenomenon. My opinion.

I go back and forth with what really happened that night, but I find myself doubting that there was any kind of emotional conversation at all. The stripped bedding makes me think she was killed in bed. I also see CW as somebody who would avoid any kind of confrontation. It doesnt seem like he had the personality of someone who could really hold his own in any type of argument. So, it would make sense for him to wait until she went to sleep before attacking her. Just thinking out loud JMO

A few thoughts on ththe motion to seal the autopsy report -

I believe in Colorado there is a presumption of public access to autopsy reports.

The statute allows the custodian of the record to ask the court to seal the record if it is in the public interest

I am unclear whether the DA is the “custodian” and therefore the correct party for this purpose - generally I would think it would be the clerk or a similar party - not familiar enough with Colorado’s way of doing things

The burden is rather high and is on the custodian to overcome the presumption of access

I would not be surprised to see the media become involved in opposing this request/petitioning the court to access the reports

To be continued, I’m sure

The more I think about this, the more I am convinced that CW strangled SW because SHE WANTED the separation! Not him! CW couldn’t stand the idea of family and friends learning what a douche he really was.
That's why once we find out what she said to her family, who wanted the seperation, how she really felt about that prospect, everything will be much clearer And it may conflict with his current story (that we know of).

That is the way I am leaning as well. I have no doubt that he told people that HE was the one who wanted out, but I don't believe it. Her having a strong social circle and emotional support system, trying to earn her own money (no matter how I feel about MLMs I still give her props for trying), being seemingly organized and ambitious, and setting the groundwork with NUA to "be there" for her? Yes, I think she knew a separation was coming and was perhaps going to initiate it. Some have claimed that it would have ruined her whole happy life narrative on SM. She still could have given it a positive spin: "Without Thrive, I never would have had the money and strength to leave my marriage", etc.

That is the way I am leaning as well. I have no doubt that he told people that HE was the one who wanted out, but I don't believe it. Her having a strong social circle and emotional support system, trying to earn her own money (no matter how I feel about MLMs I still give her props for trying), being seemingly organized and ambitious, and setting the groundwork with NUA to "be there" for her? Yes, I think she knew a separation was coming and was perhaps going to initiate it. Some have claimed that it would have ruined her whole happy life narrative on SM. She still fould have given it a positive spin: "Without Thrive, I never would have had the money and strength to leave my marriage", etc.
Yes, I find it a bit strange that she is portrayed as a bossy, out there kind of person on the one hand and dependent on him for her whole life to be rather contradictory.

I wonder what SW FB posts would have looked like if she wasn’t involved with Thrive or if she didn’t use Thrive as a marketing platform. I think it still would have been mostly positive. I don’t think she would have posted a true reflection of her failing marriage on FB. I know some people do, but I don’t think she would have.
jmo, moo, imo

Maybe the knowledge of one... but even he wouldn't leave stuff in the open when his kids were at home and his wife was due back. IMO
It might have been that he was having trouble making her realize he was serious about a separation so he wanted her to find such evidence? I really think tho that there was no argument, just an ambush

Whatever, IMO there is .o1% chance she freaked out because he said he wanted out. I still think she said something like "Hey, go on and get out then, I already know about AP Jane Doe."
Also, building on what someone else alluded to last night, I think she was probably killed very soon after arriving, or he would have known about the dr. appt. A normal couple would have exchanged a few pleasantries before sleeping, she would have said BTW I'll be at Dr tomorrow to get sonogram of little NICO. She didn't have time to tell him.

Maybe the knowledge of one... but even he wouldn't leave stuff in the open when his kids were at home and his wife was due back. IMO

True. But women sometimes notice things amiss, that a man might not notice. If I had been away on a trip, and I came back home in the middle of the night, and laid down on our bed, if I smelled perfume on the sheets, or saw a lipstick streak on my pillowcase, I'd freak out. And I bet my husband wouldn't have even noticed something like that...

Regardless of whether she went crazy over ice cream or was ‘emotionally abusive’ or even if she was constantly on social media promoting her thrive. It was no reason to kill her. So he’s having an affair and she finds out, you seperate even if it means moving back to his parents’ you don’t murder your pregnant wife and two little innocent daughters, your own daughters the tiny people you created and watched grow. His defence will likely try to pull at any thread possible to try and make it seem like he was ‘driven’ to this, even suggesting SW may have strangled her girls. For the family’s sake I hope it doesn’t go to trial and he just rots away for the rest of his natural life. But in a way I want him to have to face the magnitude of what he’s done in a courtroom and for him to have to look at the photos of his dead children and wife, there is no excuse when it comes to murdering your family.

I was giving C.W. the benefit of the doubt that maybe there was a slim possibility that SW was so disturbed at the thought of losing him she momentarily lost it and strangled the girls. Yesterday, I started writing my thoughts down to post here to tell you all how I felt. When I finished writing it, I reread what I wrote, and suddenly realized how stupid I sounded by defending C.W. He did it. He told way too many contradicting lies to be an innocent man. He was far more concerned with protecting his a$$ than he was about his murdered family. I deleted that post.

I wonder what SW FB posts would have looked like if she wasn’t involved with Thrive or if she didn’t use Thrive as a marketing platform. I think it still would have been mostly positive. I don’t think she would have posted a true reflection of her failing marriage on FB. I know some people do, but I don’t think she would have.
jmo, moo, imo

I wish we could see the pre-Thrive posts. It would be interesting.

I would personally never post about my failing relationship. My FB profile is a bit like hers-I use it for business and marketing purposes. I will make the occasional illness related post or something about my kids, but mostly people friend me because they want to hear ghost stories and true crime stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70