Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. But women sometimes notice things amiss, that a man might not notice. If I had been away on a trip, and I came back home in the middle of the night, and laid down on our bed, if I smelled perfume on the sheets, or saw a lipstick streak on my pillowcase, I'd freak out. And I bet my husband wouldn't have even noticed something like that...

I learned those things from hiding relations in High School... haha.

If you are away on a trip... I am sure all he does is miss you.

That is the way I am leaning as well. I have no doubt that he told people that HE was the one who wanted out, but I don't believe it. Her having a strong social circle and emotional support system, trying to earn her own money (no matter how I feel about MLMs I still give her props for trying), being seemingly organized and ambitious, and setting the groundwork with NUA to "be there" for her? Yes, I think she knew a separation was coming and was perhaps going to initiate it. Some have claimed that it would have ruined her whole happy life narrative on SM. She still could have given it a positive spin: "Without Thrive, I never would have had the money and strength to leave my marriage", etc.
SW wasn’t the type of woman who would continue on in a marriage with a lying cheat. IMO.

I wouldn't think Shanann would participate in anything like that since she was 15 weeks pregnant and a risky pregnancy (lupus, etc) at that. JMO
Right... but would a psychopath consider all that?

I go back and forth with what really happened that night, but I find myself doubting that there was any kind of emotional conversation at all. The stripped bedding makes me think she was killed in bed. I also see CW as somebody who would avoid any kind of confrontation. It doesnt seem like he had the personality of someone who could really hold his own in any type of argument. So, it would make sense for him to wait until she went to sleep before attacking her. Just thinking out loud JMO

That’s where some of my confusion on who’s responsible for the girls death comes into play. I don’t see him as confrontational either.
moo

Isn't it rather odd that CW vehemently denied an affair, yet he readily admits that HE was the one who wanted the separation. Wonder what excuse he used to ask for a separation (assuming he did tell her he wanted one)?

A few thoughts on ththe motion to seal the autopsy report -

I believe in Colorado there is a presumption of public access to autopsy reports.

The statute allows the custodian of the record to ask the court to seal the record if it is in the public interest

I am unclear whether the DA is the “custodian” and therefore the correct party for this purpose - generally I would think it would be the clerk or a similar party - not familiar enough with Colorado’s way of doing things

The burden is rather high and is on the custodian to overcome the presumption of access

I would not be surprised to see the media become involved in opposing this request/petitioning the court to access the reports

To be continued, I’m sure
Good info - thank you.

Whatever, IMO there is .o1% chance she freaked out because he said he wanted out. I still think she said something like "Hey, go on and get out then, I already know about AP Jane Doe."
Also, building on what someone else alluded to last night, I think she was probably killed very soon after arriving, or he would have known about the dr. appt. A normal couple would have exchanged a few pleasantries before sleeping, she would have said BTW I'll be at Dr tomorrow to get sonogram of little NICO. She didn't have time to tell him.
I can’t figure out CW’s thinking, concerning why he thought it was necessary to kill the children, or in what order he strangled everybody. But it doesn’t really matter, he did it. I suppose it had something to do with staging a scene that would make him look as innocent as possible.

Since it has been said that CW wanted the separation, couldn't he have waited one more day instead of discussing it in the wee hours of the morning? I think there was evidence of a romp with the AF when SW came home.

Good Morning all.
I agree with you that it seems he would have waited until the next day for an 'emotional conversation'.

What if she comes in at 2 am seething (rightfully so) because she knows about the AP and she initiates the emotional conversation? I know some have suggested she would be exhausted and perhaps not feeling well. Putting myself in her place, I'm not going to bed no matter how awful I felt. IMO

I can’t figure out CW’s thinking, concerning why he thought it was necessary to kill the children, or in what order he strangled everybody. But it doesn’t really matter, he did it. I suppose it had something to do with staging a scene that would make him look as innocent as possible.
Not referring specifically SW, but everyone knows that if you make a derogatory reference to a guy's family jewels, all heck can break out. Maybe there WAS an exchange of criticisms on their own love life, especially when there is another woman tucked away for the future.

Ambushes her... kills the girls in their sleep. Not very confrontational.

A dear, wise friend of mine who has experienced a lot of life in the military and in LE said that the scariest ones for him are the quiet ones. The crazy, loud, outspoken, confident ones are more predictable. But the quiet, stoic, unassuming ones... You just never know what's really going on inside their hearts and minds or what they're capable of, until they show it, usually in a VERY big, and destructive way.

I don't understand the prosecution wanting to not reveal the autopsy report. They have to give discovery to the Defense... then if something is bad for the prosecution they will be sure to let it out to the news.
Weird.

I can’t make sense of it. I go one direction, then another and back again. I can go full circle in a matter of minutes with this case. o_O

Last edited:
I don't understand the prosecution wanting to not reveal the autopsy report. They have to give discovery to the Defense... then if something is bad for the prosecution they will be sure to let it out to the news.
Weird.
Here is the reasoning set forth by the prosecution:

The deceased victims in the instant case, Shanann Watts, Bella Watts and Celeste Watts were murdered and their bodies moved from the initial crime scene. There is a great deal of interest surrounding this case and at this time, the cause of the deaths has not been made public. Consequently, the observations and findings contained in the coroner’s autopsy report will be critical evidence at trial. The disclosure of this information to the public prior to trial could result in tainting witnesses that have not yet been interviewed and impacting future jurors.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...IC RECORD PURSUANT TO CRS 24-72-204(6)(A).pdf

It's frustrating to have to wait, but, imo, necessary to keep this evidence sealed until trial.

A dear, wise friend of mine who has experienced a lot of life in the military and in LE said that the scariest ones for him are the quiet ones. The crazy, loud, outspoken, confident ones are more predictable. But the quiet, stoic, unassuming ones... You just never know what's really going on inside their hearts and minds or what they're capable of, until they show it, usually in a VERY big, and destructive way.
Hey, isn't that similar to the adage that you don't have to worry about the barking dog? Just the silent one that bites your backside. Sorry about so many typing errors, I'm toggling back and forth from youtube, learning how to make sun baked kale chips.

And that's why it's a slippery slope for news agencies to report what "sources close to the investigation" say, instead of naming the investigator who said it. It's not always bad practice, but it's never the best practice.
CW voluntarily walked in to the police station for questioning on Wed afternoon, and was not arrested until almost midnight. I have no doubt that during those hours, CW told many versions of his truth before settling on one of them. The arrest affidavit also makes that clear. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper