Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any jury will be influenced anyway if the defense wants to let the autopsy report out when they get it (my understanding) ... so might as well let it go. A jury will have to be well-vetted anyway with a husband accused of killing his entire family.

But I doubt the defense wants the autopsy results out there either. JMO

So, he stayed at the friends' house on Tuesday night, then went to the police voluntarily? At that point it was to report their having gone missing? Do we know anything about the impetus to go to the Police station? I did read somewhere that the same couple he stayed with also called the cops when he left.
These are two separate incidents: CW left friends home to collect his dad at airport, and together they (CW & Dad) went to police for voluntary interview, and CW arrested later in the evening. The friends reportedly were so shaken by their overnight observance of CW that they contacted LE as soon as CW left their home. MOO

What we know is what was in the arrest affidavit. He claims strangulation of all three. What we don't know is everything else, lol. moo

If I read it correctly, he was claiming strangulation of only two. The mother and one of the daughters. The other daughter was already blue and he did not see what had happened?

How did he act weird at the neighbor's house after the murders? Was he too calm, talking nonsense? What alerted the neighbors??

That is confusing.

Prosecution does not want out... because of tainting jurors but jurors are going to be well-tainted anyway.

Defense would not want out because it might not match his version but his version has changed several times.

What?

I get that studying the behaviour of the victims is important for the investigation but dissecting the social media videos under a microscope can be a two-edged sword. It’s easy to lose perspective when minutia is considered importan.

How many times have I, in my life:

- pretended to be happier, richer, smarter than I actually am? Many times

- played the ‘happy couple’ in front of others? Several times

- refused to let go of someone? More than once

- being mean? Unfortunately many times

- ‘did it for the picture’ few times

- put my work before family or friends: often

- lie: many times, mostly white lies

I dont have a facebook account anymore but if someone were to film my life and have a group of people analyze it, I would be crucified. A few snaps of the moment don’t tell the whole story. It doeant tell what was going on when I was mean, or that I was feeling sad and wanted some attention so posted a few ‘look at me’ pictures. I wanted to show off my vacation in Amalfi because i worked so hard to get there. I played the happy couple because i needed some control when everything else was falling appart.

If you just came out of bankruptcy court and you are headed back to court a few years later for financial reasons on a debt that is less than $100 a month, you have financial problems. Bankruptcy has different levels. They still had to pay for their home. Bankruptcy does not change spending habits <and when your bankruptcy includes nothing but student loans and a bunch of retail debt, then you probably have issues managing money.> Student loans can not be dismissed in a bankruptcy. Also his mention to the Thayers about immediately putting his house up for sale is extremely odd unless he knows that he has to do it to save the equity. But for me...and modsnip if needed...the fact you are returning to court that quickly after a bankruptcy for HOA or any other issue tells me you are still financially stressed.

Have you been through bankruptcy? Have you fought with your HOA about promises made and not fulfilled? I've been through both, HOA took me to court 4 years after my bankruptcy, I won. It had nothing to do with not changing my spending habits, it had to do with they were in the wrong. Do we know for a FACT that isn't the case here?

Edited for double quote

So, what would happen if the court denies the request, it is released, and it does in fact show very compelling evidence that his story is NOT true, that the girls were dead before SW arrived, and it becomes an open and shut case (in the court of public opinion), thus making it impossible to select a jury? Would he plea? Or would they go to trial anyway, by judge only? Forgive me, I'm not well versed in the justice system!

I don't understand the prosecution wanting to not reveal the autopsy report. They have to give discovery to the Defense... then if something is bad for the prosecution they will be sure to let it out to the news.
Weird.
The info that does come out, probably at the trial, will be stunning. I hope the trial is televised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB