Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the reasoning set forth by the prosecution:

The deceased victims in the instant case, Shanann Watts, Bella Watts and Celeste Watts were murdered and their bodies moved from the initial crime scene. There is a great deal of interest surrounding this case and at this time, the cause of the deaths has not been made public. Consequently, the observations and findings contained in the coroner’s autopsy report will be critical evidence at trial. The disclosure of this information to the public prior to trial could result in tainting witnesses that have not yet been interviewed and impacting future jurors.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/[L] MOTION TO DENY DISCLOSURE OF PUBLIC RECORD PURSUANT TO CRS 24-72-204(6)(A).pdf

It's frustrating to have to wait, but, imo, necessary to keep this evidence sealed until trial.

Oh, that's interesting. The way I interpret that------they don't want to call in a group of prospective jurors, and have to bounce a bunch of them for being anti-CW. They want an unbiased prospective jury pool to choose from?

A dear, wise friend of mine who has experienced a lot of life in the military and in LE said that the scariest ones for him are the quiet ones. The crazy, loud, outspoken, confident ones are more predictable. But the quiet, stoic, unassuming ones... You just never know what's really going on inside their hearts and minds or what they're capable of, until they show it, usually in a VERY big, and destructive way.

True... I have witnessed a quiet, shy guy/girl finally retaliate against someone causing them stress. In middle school the guy let loose on a bully like a windmill in a tornado... crying the entire time. Bully never bothered him again. In the 5th grade a girl hit that same guy with a tree branch laying on the playground after he kept pestering her. He didn't bother her again either.

CW voluntarily walked in to the police station for questioning on Wed afternoon, and was not arrested until almost midnight. I have no doubt that during those hours, CW told many versions of his truth before settling on one of them. The arrest affidavit also makes that clear. MOO
So, he stayed at the friends' house on Tuesday night, then went to the police voluntarily? At that point it was to report their having gone missing? Do we know anything about the impetus to go to the Police station? I did read somewhere that the same couple he stayed with also called the cops when he left.

I can’t figure out CW’s thinking, concerning why he thought it was necessary to kill the children, or in what order he strangled everybody. But it doesn’t really matter, he did it. I suppose it had something to do with staging a scene that would make him look as innocent as possible.
I think financial. They were already under some financial strain based on what we know. At best, he is paying support. Perhaps his new love didn't want to be a stepmom. If he could convince people that Shannon took the kids and left, then he could take equity out of the house sale and start a new life? There are so many snags to this scenario that it is hard to imagine he thought it through. Really any scenario where the kids and parent just disappear falls on him. Doesn't seem he was bright enough to understand that.

Here is the reasoning set forth by the prosecution:

The deceased victims in the instant case, Shanann Watts, Bella Watts and Celeste Watts were murdered and their bodies moved from the initial crime scene. There is a great deal of interest surrounding this case and at this time, the cause of the deaths has not been made public. Consequently, the observations and findings contained in the coroner’s autopsy report will be critical evidence at trial. The disclosure of this information to the public prior to trial could result in tainting witnesses that have not yet been interviewed and impacting future jurors.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/[L] MOTION TO DENY DISCLOSURE OF PUBLIC RECORD PURSUANT TO CRS 24-72-204(6)(A).pdf

It's frustrating to have to wait, but, imo, necessary to keep this evidence sealed until trial.
Kind of makes me think maybe one, or two, or three of them weren’t actually strangled to death. What benefit would there be to sealing a COD that we already knew? What witnesses would there be to interview about a strangling? More like witnesses who observed C.W. buying poison, or sedatives, or something else.

Oh, that's interesting. The way I interpret that------they don't want to call in a group of prospective jurors, and have to bounce a bunch of them for being anti-CW. They want an unbiased prospective jury pool to choose from?

Yes, that is how I interpret it as well. They also mention uninterviewed witnesses, and having there statements untainted by information they wouldn't otherwise know is important to the case as well. imo

Any jury will be influenced anyway if the defense wants to let the autopsy report out when they get it (my understanding) ... so might as well let it go. A jury will have to be well-vetted anyway with a husband accused of killing his entire family.

Kind of makes me think maybe one, or two, or three of them weren’t actually strangled to death. What benefit would there be to sealing a COD that we already knew? What witnesses would there be to interview about a strangling? More like witnesses who observed C.W. buying poison, or sedatives, or something else.

What we know is what was in the arrest affidavit. He claims strangulation of all three. What we don't know is everything else, lol. moo

First question on the jury form, do you watch Ashleigh Banfield?

That very well could be the case. I think that he was very confident that they would never be found for any COD to be discovered.

If he thought about the final scenario (which I doubt)
he might have smothered the girls then placed/forced SW's hands around their necks as to leave evidence.

Wish it was like Florida in giving out case information.
I rather doubt that you could get a dead woman's hands to leave the kind of bruising that strangulation would produce.

O/T I am a bit mad this morning. Most people get their posts "mod snipped", I had ONE sentence referring to gossip and the rest of my post was my opinion. The whole post got deleted? I didn't even quote or reply to the gossip post! But yet, day in and day out I read all kinds of gossip. Example, the Watts were in a dire financial situation? That hasn't been proven? They had a bancruptcy many years ago, usually that means they should be in great shape financially. But yet those posts are allowed? Other than the HOA issue, which is minimal at best, there is nothing. I know many people who stop paying their HOA due to issues with the HOA. I don't post often, and may just step away. Good morning everyone!

Don't worry too much about getting a post or two deleted by the mods. When they need to go in and 'clean up on aisle #3' ---the only way to manage it is to delete a whole string of posts. It is too time consuming to try and edit each one, one at a time. they have bare bones minimum mod staff right now.

True... I have witnessed a quiet, shy guy/girl finally retaliate against someone causing them stress. In middle school the guy let loose on a bully like a windmill in a tornado... crying the entire time. Bully never bothered him again. In the 5th grade a girl hit that same guy with a tree branch laying on the playground after he kept pestering her. He didn't bother her again either.

The trouble with school fights today is these students seek a "permanent" remedy for a "temporary" problem. Unheard of back in the day when I attended school.

So, he stayed at the friends' house on Tuesday night, then went to the police voluntarily? At that point it was to report their having gone missing? Do we know anything about the impetus to go to the Police station? I did read somewhere that the same couple he stayed with also called the cops when he left.

Yes, the same couple that was there when the dogs and police were there searching on the day of the media interviews.

Screenshot_20180919-115928_Chrome.jpg

Source is screenshot from

Pregnant Colorado mother and two daughters reported missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads