Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. Maybe betrayed is not the best word, I was just thinking of how I'd feel if I had a friend in my house for the night who was crying on my shoulder for a complete, vile, murderous lie.

NuttMegg, sadly I've been there... Is the worst feeling ever: the shock, the betrayal, feeling used and manipulated by someone you knew for decades; while grieving the loss of someone you loved. My heart goes out to The Thayers.

That still leaves him killing two humans.
Desecration of bodies, disposal of evidence of murder,
etc.
Even if that is/was his plan... his dad must have told him. Numbskull IMO
Yes, Killing two humans in a rage. Second degree murder.

Regarding the disposal of bodies, I expect his story will change a bit from his original confession. I bet there will be more twist and turns. IMO JMO.

Exactly. It’s not just that he had the ability to lie like that, it was the confidence in which he did it. It’s takes a lot of arrogance to believe that you can lie to millions of people, and have them believe you.
I think this is a point we have not made enough, including myself. He chose to do multiple media interviews. Full stop. Whenever the defense puts up an argument of the frightened, cornered hero father who avenged his children's death in a fit of rage at the tragic loss...one who stumbled through a half hazard attempt to cover up the whole thing but really is a good guy...WHY THE COCKINESS TO DO MULTIPLE MEDIA INTERVIEWS 36 HOURS LATER? Is that a panicked man we can relate to? Or something scarier?

Hey all. Maybe OT, but I've been watching tons of Forensic Files lately. And so so so many stories are exactly this case. I feel like we are severely overthinking everything. In all the other similar cases, the motive was money problems/bad marriage/hiding secrets. CW has all 3. In the other cases, there was no prior indication of strife, they tried to cover it up or blame others, and they all did indeed 'just snap', or they planned it out for insurance or inheritance money. I see no reason why this case would be any different.

Ok, thanks. I'm wholly unfamiliar with this process, especially in the context of crimes of this magnitude
Totally understandable.
Expect to see lots of motions -
by the prosecution, wanting stuff
By the defense, wanting the prosecution to tell them WHY they want stuff
By the defense wanting the prosecution to turn over stuff
By the prosecution, objecting to turning over stuff
By either side, for stuff to be redacted/sealed/reviewed in camera
By the media, for wanting access to stuff (or the proceedings)
By either side, objecting to the media
Etc etc etc...

Yes, although I think that many could say his interviews showed a very sophisticated liar. Steady eye contact, lack of significant despair or emotion. Was he Oscar worthy? No. Would many of us be able to pull off the act he did? Not everyone...he smartly spends a lot of his time talking about topics he is comfortable with...e.g. unrelated to the crimes (tshirt, naming all the types of police there multiple times, etc).

Excellent point. He talked about Superfluous stuff rather than the family.

Hey all. Maybe OT, but I've been watching tons of Forensic Files lately. And so so so many stories are exactly this case. I feel like we are severely overthinking everything. In all the other similar cases, the motive was money problems/bad marriage/hiding secrets. CW has all 3. In the other cases, there was no prior indication of strife, they tried to cover it up or blame others, and they all did indeed 'just snap'. I see no reason why this case would be any different.
I agree. This case isn’t complicated, just more heinous than most.

The interviews reveal he is not a sophisticated liar and the defense will use that to their advantage.

He also did not manipulate evidence, though partly because of NUA, so another check mark under positive column for the defense team.

He didn't manipulate evidence? Getting rid of all the bodies seems pretty big to me.

Regardless as to who he said killed his daughters, his demeanor afterwards and his actions at the Thayers were telling.

How could he not grieve for those little girls? Especially knowing they were laying dead in dark oil, that his last memory of them was putting them there? How? Half the world is now grieving for them and we didn’t even know them.

That was their daddy, they trusted him and he’s laughing and showing off his shirt, checking himself on tv and planning to sell the house. IMO he killed them or he’d never be that evilly detached.
I think he had been thinking about killing them for at least a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member