Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A “non porous” bag was found at the dump site. This bag contained a bare footprint on it. The prosecution requested inked footprints from CW for comparison.

I just don't get this 'bare footprint' on the porous bag thing. Did this happen back at the house, then he brought the bag to the dump site? Why would he step on a bag , barefoot?

There was a mention of him carrying garbage bags to the truck. Did he put one of the girls in a big bag to move her?

Stepping on it sounds heinous...ugh

Last night there were some posts about the size of the "manholes" on the tanks, I can't remember the specific term. A few people mentioned the circumferences, ie 24" or 36". Just to clarify, we're not talking about diameter here? For example 24" circumference is the distance around the electric kettle on my counter, 23" is the distance around my head with a thick scarf on and 35" is the circumference around the outside of one of those 5 gallon water bottles (carboy) I just happen to have in my office. Not saying we're using the wrong measurements, but no way he could stuff, IMO, any human body down the 24" circumference hole. Even the 36" circumference hole would not allow a person to enter it, unless compacted lengthwise or dismembered. The 36" circumference hole would be very tight for even a child, I'd think, and maybe, depending on when he killed them they might already be in full rigor mortis (?).
I know if *I* was accused of a committing a crime with my hands and I knew I didn't do it, I'd be chomping at the bit to give up my handprints to prove my innocence. But that's just me.
Yep, and strap me up to a lie detector test!

It's all a matter of perspective. In SW's mind, I imagine she really wanted to embrace the use of "live" video, as it's a common method used nowadays by users of SM. It allows her followers to join her live video, and feel like they are in the room with her. They can even chat with her live. This is why you often hear her greeting people, e.g. "Oh hey Danielle!"

Like family.

I don't know how many of the video instances you mentioned were actually filmed "live" by SW, but I think if we had been watching some of those live videos actually as they were being filmed right that very moment, it might change the perspective some have when analyzing the videos. Live video, much like reality, isn't always the most entertaining. I imagine SW was just trying to liven it up a bit by adding in some drama. No big deal, IMO.

I thought her "followers" were her coworkers and not her family. The videos I have seen were supposedly live and the scenes featuring the crying children served no purpose that I could figure out. JMO

I just don't get this 'bare footprint' on the porous bag thing. Did this happen back at the house, then he brought the bag to the dump site? Why would he step on a bag , barefoot?

There was a mention of him carrying garbage bags to the truck. Did he put one of the girls in a big bag to move her?

My guess is that it did happen back at the house, perhaps when he put one of the kids’ bodies in there.

I think it was simply an effort to conceal the bodies as he went to deposit them at the dump site.

I’m envisioning a trash bag for each child, and a sheet to cover Shanann.

I felt gross typing that.

Not sure, but I'm hoping that a non-porous bag would have touch DNA on it if it has a footprint on it!

I am actually shocked that the Watts did not have a landscaper.

Why did they have to pay HOA fees if they mowed their own very small yard?

Our HOA fees did not cover landscaping on our private property. Only on the greenbelt areas adjacent to the yard and house. we had to pay for our own gardener or do it ourselves. Or,as my husband says 'that's what kids are for.'

Their relationship worked both ways. Her turning on the camera to record him might keep him from saying and doing the next mean thing. But if she belittled hm you can be sure he belittled her.
And all the belittling in the world doesn't excuse or justify MURDER, INFANTICIDE or DEFAMATION OF A DEAD WOMAN'S CHARACTER. CW was not being held against his will. If SW was such a "terrible wife and mother" (which I don't believe she was) CW had two good legs and could walk out the front door and in to a divorce lawyer's office. I truly hope Shan's family and close friends aren't reading on here. If they are, I'm sorry.

I am actually shocked that the Watts did not have a landscaper.

Why did they have to pay HOA fees if they mowed their own very small yard?

My hoa is $125 a month. Live in Utah, but a neighborhood with houses around the same size/size of yards/year built just like theirs except our hoa doesn’t have a pool. They pay for snow removal, trash pickup, and care of common grounds/fixing things like the road or whatever they deem fit. HOA is like a dictatorship, I’m not a fan.

HOA is extremely picky w/ yards being mowed, when you take out your garbage to & from street, etc. I just got fined $25 for having “too long” of branches on my tree in the front yard. I heard their hoa was way less, idk why they’d take the chance on not paying it?!

My guess is that it did happen back at the house, perhaps when he put one of the kids’ bodies in there.

I think it was simply an effort to conceal the bodies as he went to deposit them at the dump site.

I’m envisioning a trash bag for each child, and a sheet to cover Shanann.

I felt gross typing that.

If so, I can see why they don't want to give over his footprints. Does the jury want to hear that he put his foot on the bag, which held his dead child? Hard to blame it all on his dead pregnant wife, if he is stepping on dead bodies when disposing of them. JMO

Bluff, I hope I am wrong about the CS and other financial issues, but why did he not just pack a bag and leave. Why not file for divorce?? The murders are why I think he wanted financial freedom. It is so hard to wrap your head around this case, just so tragic.
Agreed @Kensie it is tragic. I think possibly that CW was attempting to leave that morning via their emotional conversation ~ perhaps CW was metaphorically wanting to pack his bags and leave and ultimately separate and file for a divorce thereby regaining his freedom but something went sadly and horrifically wrong when he went from metaphorically leaving to actually leaving? jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in the fields so I don't know about HOA fees. I know I pay like ten dollars a month for trash pickup through one of my utility bills. I thought HOA fees covered landscape maintenance. I guess I am wrong.
They cover some common areas like playgrounds but the homeowner is responsible for their yard and if you don’t pull the weeds along the sidewalk they fine you. And if you don’t pay the fines they file a lien against your property and sue you in small claims court. It’s best to keep up with dues.

If so, I can see why they don't want to give over his footprints. Does the jury want to hear that he put his foot on the bag, which held his dead child? Hard to blame it all on his dead pregnant wife, if he is stepping on dead bodies when disposing of them. JMO
The defense has challenged everything. This was just one of many issues they are fighting.

I’m still trying to figure out the significance of it, because he’s already admitted to dumping them.

I don’t know if this has been mentioned but since she has an Apple Watch, alerts would default to that when she’s wearing it (or at least mine do, perhaps it’s an option in the settings). So even if the phone was not on vibrate, if she got a text and had on her Apple Watch the Watch would chime, not the phone.

It would depend on her settings. I have my A Watch mirror my phone settings so both will ring or vibrate/tap.

I think it's interesting how people can watch the same interviews and see them completely different. I see absolutely zero confidence from his interviews. I see CW as scared, jumpy and stressed out. jmo
I can see he's scared and jumpy in the last moments of the 3 min video when the dogs were furiously barking, the interviews prior he had it pretty much together.

I don't imagine his Defense will even attempt to portray the videos reveal a man who's deeply traumatized about what he's witnessed! That CW had to continue with the charade to protect SW's reputation or some such pathetic excuse.

I'm sure they'll want these videos declared inadmissible, the jury is not going to look favourably at this man. CW was conning everyone, he showed he's a master manipulator, a consummate liar, why should they buy his story now? JMO

Why did he do the interviews? He should have declined politely through a family friend or LE.
IMO, he thought it would help convince others that he was not involved in their disappearance. He figured a guilty person would never come forward, but with his charm and ego, he just knew he could fool everyone. When I try to imagine how I would react if my loved ones were missing, the last thing I’d be able to do is talk to reporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbieP