Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did hear about baby blankets in the beginning. Not sure, but I think NU said it.

It was in an August 19th D*ily B**st article. I'm not sure if I can link it because I'm not sure if that is mainstream media, but pretty much everything in that article, even a month later, is correct.

I thought her "followers" were her coworkers and not her family. The videos I have seen were supposedly live and the scenes featuring the crying children served no purpose that I could figure out. JMO
From some of the videos I've seen, such as the Christmas video, she specifically references family on the live feed.

Sometimes family videos with kids on "Santa's" lap don't go as planned. Seems like she was willing to share her imperfect life that she loved. JMO

There maybe absolutely nothing negative to say about CW prior to this. He may have been perfect. In the end I don't care if he was the greatest husband, father, son or friend. All that goes out the window now. His final actions wipe out all the good things about him. IMO
I feel this is partly what made him do what he did. He was a perfect man he'd ruin that reputation if he left his wife and children and started a new relationship asap. Everyone would see the real Chris and he didn't want that. This way he could stay the wonderful husband and father that everyone knew him to be. And now he'd be the devastated grieving husband and father, however he was not good enough to pull that off per his interviews he didn't know how to fake that. MOO JMO IMO
Good post. Interestingly, his old room mate described CW as a perfectionist.
Most of us like to be seen at our best but if CW has some pathological disorder, where as a child he's created a false self, he wouldn't be able to bear being seen as less than, it's like dying for them. JMO

The only print request with a known purpose, was the footprint.

We know from the prosecution motion, that a latent print was developed on a “non-porous bag.”

We don’t have any information about prints being found during the autopsies.
I'm going to go out on a limb here...watch me because it's liable to break off fast and leave me falling into speculation hell...
A couple of things have occurred to me as possibilities (albeit probably not good ones).
1. Maybe there's a bare footprint because he was using bags to cover his feet/shoes so as to try to conceal clear shoe imprints at the site. If he was sitting, say, on the edge of his bed or the couch when he put the bags down to cover his shoes, maybe he placed his bare foot down momentarily in the process.

2. Do we know if the bag was empty? Could he have stepped onto/into the bag to discard his clothing?

I think I'm grasping at straws because these options seem better than some of the other reasons there would be a footprint on a bag.

ITA. My position on this tragedy is to keep an open mind because CW has accused SW of murdering their children. The children deserve justice which shouldn't include allowing the media to railroad Daddy if there is a possibility he didn't kill them. If there is compelling evidence against either parent, I'm willing to at least consider it. There are things in the videos that I find troubling. JMO
IMO only.... seems less like he is being railroaded and more like caught red handed with cold hard evidence that the prosecution believes they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

The videos trouble me as well.

The one where he's smiling and preening in his shirt while Bella and CeCe are dumped in oil And his strangled wife and Nico are covered in dirt.

Moo moo moo

I have had a lot of traumatic things happen in my life, but as a victim. I do not remember quite a bit of it. Only reason I know some actually happened is from other trusted people in my life. The brain does some amazing things to protect our psyche.

I'm not entirely convinced this happened with him. However, (just to throw this in..)
I think the fact he was not able to get away with it, is making him now think he made a mistake. Having regret. I dont think its remorse though. Just him being upset that he didn't do a better job in handling things. These are my thoughts based on my view that he is a narcissist. JMO.

BBM

IMO, CW felt that for the first time in many years, he finally had a sense of control.

I believe this sense of relief and control actually ended quite abruptly for him, once he suspected other people may have thought he had something to do with it. At this point, he would have also put a call in to the AP for moral support, and to keep her in the loop of the nightmare he was going through.

But the AP could have figured that something wasn’t right, just as we equally can gather from looking back at his porch interviews.

And that’s the only grief I think we finally see from CW in those videos; the grief of losing the AP, and the grief of knowing his plan was foiled. When AP was no longer was duped by his lies, that’s when we see the emotion from CW.

From some of the videos I've seen, such as the Christmas video, she specifically references family on the live feed.

Sometimes family videos with kids on "Santa's" lap don't go as planned. Seems like she was willing to share her imperfect life that she loved. JMO

It was n’t her imperfect life that concerns me. It is that there is no attempt to comfort the children.

I understand that a few years ago we did not understand the impact of adult’s actions on children’s lives.

We are learning more and more all of the time because of cortisol levels and the ability to scan brain acrivity.

There is a lot of research out there. I think that posters that have education in this kind of research are the ones concerned . It freaks me out now.

Years ago, I may have done the same as SW with my children. But nowadays we know more and more about children and adults as well. We have better information about what is needed by children and adults.

Last edited:
I totally agree that for a single female in her early 20s, she succeeded at doing what many couples cannot! But I don't view "doing well" as "mortgaged to the hilt, selling for no profit, and getting into mega debt again" as doing well. No wiggle room for unexpected expenses. I would think if they had just divorced, they could have sold the CO home, maybe for under $50k in profit (home values in that area are skyrocketing like mad because of demand) and settled some debt, leaving little or no profit for either party but I don't see CW as being in massive debt if he was the only mortgage holder. Their house value did not decline in the few years since they purchased it. And I would think other debt would be joint.
Other debt would probably be negotiated. I am sure they would have sold the home. SW had a lot of options it appears with a supportive family. I personally would choose to have her options than CW's in terms of how it would have probably shaken out.

I'm going to go out on a limb here...watch me because it's liable to break off fast and leave me falling into speculation hell...
A couple of things have occurred to me as possibilities (albeit probably not good ones).
1. Maybe there's a bare footprint because he was using bags to cover his feet/shoes so as to try to conceal clear shoe imprints at the site. If he was sitting, say, on the edge of his bed or the couch when he put the bags down to cover his shoes, maybe he placed his bare foot down momentarily in the process.

2. Do we know if the bag was empty? Could he have stepped onto/into the bag to discard his clothing?

I think I'm grasping at straws because these options seem better than some of the other reasons there would be a footprint on a bag.
I touched on this yesterday, but a guy who has the sense to cover his feet with trash bags, has the sense to remove them from the scene.

His actions were simply too sloppy, to expect this higher level of thinking.

We don’t know where the bag was found specifically, or if it contained anything.

I’m lost as well.

I hope all views will continue to be posted, not just majority views! And I am sure as facts come out, the various views will be changed or refined. When/if there is a trial, I am sure the threads will be smokin' as each fact is fit into different scenarios.

What makes you believe that, specifically? There's a very, very false belief out there that women always make out like bandits in divorces, getting full custody if they ask for it and somehow being allotted a higher percentage for child support. I work in the field of DV (and am on a policy team) and believe me, that is completely a myth and in Colorado, I can cite the laws and statistics to prove it. Unless Shannan could prove physical abuse against the children by CW in court, all CW would have to do is ask for 50% custody (called "parenting time" in CO) and he would get it. Then, their incomes would get plugged into a formula and if SW was indeed making more, she would definitely be paying HIM child support. That's the law here, on paper and in practice.

Like you said, there's a very false belief out there. CW likely had that belief himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46