Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting to know if CW did any wrestling in high school. I haven't heard that he did, but you never know.
Yes, I absolutely agree. He didn’t serve in the military so he wouldn’t have learned it there, but wrestling or perhaps a self defense class that one of them took, could have given him that knowledge/experience.

Rage is an emotion, snapping is an action. You can feel rage without acting on it. Colloquially, people use phrases like “flying into a rage” to mean something like snapping, but I’d say they are different.
So since CW confessed that he flew into a rage and strangled SW to death (his action), can he use 'I snapped' as his defense?

BBM

Oh yes, lots of lying! While listening to this video, I tried to jot them all down. I think I was being generous while doing so, and there may be more.

1. Like, I have no inclination where they're at right now.
2. Like, I have exhausted every friend that I know of.
3. And, it's just like it's vanished.
4. Like when I got home yesterday, it was like a ghost town, like she wasn't here, the kids weren't here. I have no idea like where they went.
5. I had texted her a few times, called her, I didn't get a response.
6. Something’s not right. She's not answering the door, her car's still here.
7. She was here at the front door and that's when I knew. This isn't like her.
8. I was trying to get home as fast as I can because none of this made sense.
9. Like, if she wasn't here, where did she go?
10. If she went to a friend’s house, where could she be staying?
11. I'm just hoping right now that she's somewhere safe, and maybe she's just there but right now it's just like if she's vanished, I want her back so bad. I want those kids back so bad.
12. I just want them people to know that I want my family back. Like, I want them safe. And I want them here.
13. Last night, I wanted that knock on the door. I wanted to see, I wanted to see those kids run in, run in and just barrel-rush me and just give me a hug and knock me on the ground.
14. Unless something happens in the next hours or so. I'm hoping somebody sees something or somebody knows something and comes forward.
15. (Asked what the hardest part is) Not knowing. If they're safe or if they're in trouble.
16. I can't do anything right now from where I'm at. Like, I'm not sure if they're safe somewhere, just huddled up somewhere or if they're in trouble.
17. And knowing that if they could be in trouble, it's earth-shattering right now.
18. (Talks about the cameras and doors and how she could have left) It's so hard to tell.
19. It's really hard to even suspect anything right now as far as how she could have left or if someone came and picked her up or if somebody took her.
20. I just want them home so bad.
21. I saw the kids on the monitor before I left, and that was it.
22. Canine units, they're getting scents, so hopefully they can pick up something and kinda go in a direction that will actually lead us to where maybe they're at right now.
23. (Basically ignores question about pregnancy) Mmm hmm, that's why I want everybody back.
24. I want everybody, I need everybody back here, and everybody safe.
>>>> photo/video SBM <<<<
rbm

Hmmm, 12, count 'em, twelve uses of the word "like." A couple were used in correct context, but I was on a roll.
Now does this "like" business sound like a grown, professional man, or a 13 year old who knows he's in trouble?
A case of arrested development. Seriously.

A short but interesting write-up of sociopathology and being unable to mature as one grows into adulthood.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The behavior of individuals with primary psychopathy are associated with a brain that never functioned normally – hence a lifelong pattern of emotional processing limitations (Blair 2008).

Their brain disorder prohibits maturing to a level that will allow them to care deeply for others, learn from experience, and refrain from immoral behaviors.
-------------------------------
Arrested Development & Stuck at Three? | Narcissism and Psychopathy | Neuroinstincts | Dr. Rhonda Freeman

Last edited:
SW left for Arizona feeling as though she was on good terms with CW. Why else would she leave him alone with the girls? She must have at least felt he would keep them safe. But it couldn’t have been further from the truth.

In those short days, CW was angered with the fact that his plan was not playing out the way he wanted. He wanted to be with the AP and wanted out of the marriage and financial obligations with SW. But now here he was: an unwanted pregnancy, an upcoming gender reveal party, risk of his AP finding out he lied to her about his commitment to their future (with her finding out about the pregnancy), and CW likely being told at some point by SW that SHE actually wanted out.

He felt his world was spiraling out of control. The one thing he was in control of, however, was his supervision of the girls. SW was away, and unfortunately she couldn’t protect them.

I think he may have projected his anger for SW on the girls. And later on SW.

JMO.
Although, they could still have had issues with their relationship when SW left for AZ, which is separate to her feeling the kids wouldn't be safe with him.

The pregnancy planning and announcement was made in May, a whole 3 months before this happened. I think it's quite likely the AP already knew as it wasn't hidden on SW's SM.

I'm curious about the big airline bag that the Watts purchased for transporting the girls' car seats when flying to NC.

I'm unable to locate the family pic made @the airport. The girls each have a cute little character rolling suitcase, Shannan has a rolling set of luggage and Chris has a huge blue rectangle zippered bag holding 2 car seats.

I'm curious if that bag is non-porous.

The ones like I have seen are. In case they are exposed to rain being loaded and unloaded from the luggage compartment.

I agree woman of dv or abuse in any form shouldn't be blamed or victimized and nobody who commits these acts should have their behavior justified. However, the accusations need to be investigated. We can't just go around criminalizing the accused without the accusations being investigated . Men are abused too, not as often as woman are, but they are and that shouldn't be dismissed or ignored either. jmo

We don't go around "criminalizing the accused". We charge them in a court of law and try them in front of jury.

There is zero credible evidence that CW was a victim of abuse, IMO.

I agree with you. But I’m not totally sure what the relevance to the case is and why we are discussing whether it’s a secondary emotion or not. All emotions are valid and should not be avoided or repressed. And everyone expresses emotions differently. Aside from murdering his family (IMO!), we don’t know how CW expresses his emotion. We’re assuming he doesn’t feel anger because we haven’t seen him express anger in a “stereotypical” way.

I think we did get off track a bit--but the question of anger came up because we are trying to understand one big question:

Which one of the 2 parents, was more likely to have snapped that night, and strangled those precious babies?

I could be wrong, but I feel like it is more likely that CW did for a couple of reasons.

One, if you compare the two, SW was more expressive, emotionally extroverted, and had a lot of supportive friends and family that she confided in regularly. She had been in serious relationships before this one, and seemed to be able to communicate her feelings to her husband, both good and bad. And she had just spent 6 weeks away from her husband, already knew about the possible separation, and had already hinted to a few friends that she would need major support soon because of these changes ahead.

So I don't feel like she would 'snap' and kill her babies, when she already knew about the possible separation looming. It would not have been a shock to her.

But people close to CW have said he was the quiet, introverted type. This was his first serious reelationship---and suddenly he had 2 kids, one on the way and a wife with many illnesses and medical bills. One Bankruptcy already, and another possibly looming. He was apparently often criticized by his wife, and she bossed him around. And yet, those close to him say they have never seen him get angry. So that makes me think that he was a possible candidate for someone who might explode in anger at some point. he was not able to express himself as readily as his wife was.

That is why we were discussing anger. If he was being verbally berated, and he had a girlfriend that he wanted to pursue, where would that anger go, if he was not showing it or expressing it?

Madison418 said:
Yes this I'm very curious about. Wouldn't the state and the defense have equal right to receive it at the same time?

Bluff
@Bill Carson, that is reassuring that they are being thorough and diligent but why would the defense team let an error of "she" versus "he" in a document? I guess I am questioning too much.

@Bill Carson
I was just commenting on your remark that the defense is handling the case with due diligence and I was wondering why the "she" error slipped through the system.

Sorry to answer so late Bluff, but as the others have answered here ad nauseum, this is a typographical error. Somebody grabbed a form from a previous case that had a female defendant and they changed the header (aka the "style of the case") but forgot to proofread the body of the motion. Notice that the body of the motion (not the header) doesn't ever refer to CW or anything else specific about this case. Notice also that this motion was filed at 9:14am on the morning after CW's "confession" and arrest. The PD's office had just been appointment, and I'm sure this is in their set of standard motions that gets filed in every case. Unfortunately, they grabbed the form for a female defendant instead of a male defendant; hence the "she" instead of "he." It's just plain old being in a huge rush to get the preliminary motions filed ASAP and not paying close enough attention.

@Tippy Lynn, I agree with you but at the Travis Alexander 2nd trial, a death penalty trial, out of the 12 jurors, 11 were okay with the DP but one juror claimed that she did not believe in the DP. I know this is not about Travis Alexander, but it was the first case I followed and left an imprint on me. I get nervous about juries. I guess I need to read more cases to get over my fear of juries.

Sorry to be O/T.

The current posters that were around way back know what I am talking about.

Just jumping off your post to say I think your scenario is valid, but my scenario is that his mind became insane (not legally insane but not enraged either), and he was in a fog where his OTHER life (the affair) seemed to be more important and to be his "real" life.

IMO only, this weird dreamlike state was reinforced by having all those weeks "free" of his actual usual life. So like a robot he decided to kill his family just as if they were unimportant impediments to his new life with affair partner.

I bet his mind stays broken and not particularly caring or even feeling that his actions mattered. Too me, it's like a crazy break where he dusts off his hands and shrugs and never looks back. Like I don't think SP cares he killed LP and baby C.

In other words, CW's mind is deranged but that doesn't excuse his actions in the least.

JMO.

If he had a psychotic break, he would not have been able to hold a calm, collected interview the next day.

You’re describing a couple of different phenomena here, and I think all of them would require either a history of demonstrated mental illness and/or psychotic/disorganized behavior the day after. I don’t know if this was premeditated, but I’m pretty convinced that he was fully competent at the time.

We don't go around "criminalizing the accused". We charge them in a court of law and try them in front of jury.

There is zero credible evidence that CW was a victim of abuse, IMO.

To clarify, my response was to a post stating that we need to start believing woman and I said we can’t just go around criminalizing the accused without a proper investigation.
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member