Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is some info on anger as a secondary emotion. It may be that you feel disrespected.

I wonder if CW was never allowed to show emotion. It was so typical especially for boys.

Seriously, there is a whole book on How to Talk Minnesotan which is so true. Even though Minnesotans aren’t big on showing emotions, we don’t have more murders than everyone else so there is more to CW than stuffing his emotions.

Anger: A Secondary Emotion
Ahhh! I was on to something!

Last edited:
I am too. But I'm also confident that hatred of SW is so strong that it won't matter to some.

I meant to ask you this earlier on. In the family annihilator cases you've seen that are similar (attractive middle class couple, no major red flags or DV, possible pregnancy or small children, husband having affairs, etc) have you noticed the same level of vitriol towards the wife/victim, or is this case unusual and unique because of SW's strong social media presence?

I'm not sure if it is that there's more to pick apart and analyze in this particular case, or if it is the male/female dynamic you posted about so eloquently earlier.

My assumption was that he had a garage door opener in his car. And that is how they gained entry.
Completely agree! Will be curious to know if it was "broken" (per affadavit)or if he just changed the code as he carried his dead family to the back of his truck (per affadavit) hopefully LE will discover.

I think we did get off track a bit--but the question of anger came up because we are trying to understand one big question:

Which one of the 2 parents, was more likely to have snapped that night, and strangled those precious babies?

I could be wrong, but I feel like it is more likely that CW did for a couple of reasons.

One, if you compare the two, SW was more expressive, emotionally extroverted, and had a lot of supportive friends and family that she confided in regularly. She had been in serious relationships before this one, and seemed to be able to communicate her feelings to her husband, both good and bad. And she had just spent 6 weeks away from her husband, already knew about the possible separation, and had already hinted to a few friends that she would need major support soon because of these changes ahead.

So I don't feel like she would 'snap' and kill her babies, when she already knew about the possible separation looming. It would not have been a shock to her.

But people close to CW have said he was the quiet, introverted type. This was his first serious reelationship---and suddenly he had 2 kids, one on the way and a wife with many illnesses and medical bills. One Bankruptcy already, and another possibly looming. He was apparently often criticized by his wife, and she bossed him around. And yet, those close to him say they have never seen him get angry. So that makes me think that he was a possible candidate for someone who might explode in anger at some point. he was not able to express himself as readily as his wife was.

That is why we were discussing anger. If he was being verbally berated, and he had a girlfriend that he wanted to pursue, where would that anger go, if he was not showing it or expressing it?
I appreciate the who might be more likely pre-murder debate, but I find that the post-murder evidence makes it clear who is most likely to have committed those murders IMO. I just don't see that we will be able to find reasons we can understand.

I don't think he was experiencing psychosis the night he murdered his family, but many people do experience psychosis and are still able to function and appear normal. So no, probably not what happened, but his behavior the next day does not prove he didn't experience psychosis the previous evening.

If he had ongoing psychotic symptoms, it is possible he could appear normal but usually the people with psychotic disorders who appear normal are medicated and receive therapy to manage hallucinations and delusions. It is extremely difficult to hide active psychosis under stress. I think we talked about this a number of threads ago, and @gitana1 pointed out the difference between the affect of someone who was psychotic and killed someone and CW’s affect. They are very different. Active psychosis does not resolve overnight and there is no reason to assume he had an ongoing psychotic disorder.

yes, good work. I remember someone posted this statute a day or so ago, and asked if CW's dad was an attorney. They wondered if someone helped CW with the wording about his wife 'being in the act of strangling' his 2nd girl;

If he hadn't worded the confession like that, it would not fall under the statute above. Pretty interesting coincidence.
His father would not have to be a lawyer but it would be understandable if he sought advice from one.

Jumping in to say, I think these cases have similar facets - for example JA accusing TA of bad things, just as CW has said SW strangled the girls. I'm scared it will also become like the CA trial with the defendant cast as a victim of some sort, grrr. All MOO and subject to change.
Well they can try and blame SW all they want. But the fact remains that CW tried to hide their bodies and then lied about their whereabouts the next day.

@gitana1
Yeah. To the contrary. I think they're incredible. And your info explains something I've been thinking. I do believe they've been peppering the internet with nasty insinuations about Shanann's character. Or encouraging others to do so.

And I think it's having an effect.

@gitana1, who has been peppering the internet with nasty insinuations about SW character? TIA

I can only guess. But my guess would be people who love and support CW and dislike SW and possibly interns or other people working with the public defenders office.
I have seen some stuff on FB posted that is insane, by people who profess to know CW and SW. Stuff then echoed here - like allegations she was making her kids sick. This stuff spreads and is meant to spread like wildfire.

At the same time, we want them to be solid to avoid a mistrial.

Everyone should have a solid defense. I draw the line at dirty pool. I believe that the allegations against SW are mostly sick fiction and known to be so by his public defenders. To spread that for a win is disgusting and unethical. About a victim of crime.

Last edited:
I meant to ask you this earlier on. In the family annihilator cases you've seen that are similar (attractive middle class couple, no major red flags or DV, possible pregnancy or small children, husband having affairs, etc) have you noticed the same level of vitriol towards the wife/victim, or is this case unusual and unique because of SW's strong social media presence?

I'm not sure if it is that there's more to pick apart and analyze in this particular case, or if it is the male/female dynamic you posted about so eloquently earlier.

I have never heard or read a single description of the John List case that does not go into great detail about what a horrible shrew his wife was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwoForJoy