Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious about the big airline bag that the Watts purchased for transporting the girls' car seats when flying to NC.

I'm unable to locate the family pic made @the airport. The girls each have a cute little character rolling suitcase, Shannan has a rolling set of luggage and Chris has a huge blue rectangle zippered bag holding 2 car seats.

I'm curious if that bag is non-porous.
Airport.jpg
Pregnant Colorado mom Shanann Watts was buried in shallow grave in oil field, court documents reveal | Daily Mail Online
rbm

Hmmm, 12, count 'em, twelve uses of the word "like." A couple were used in correct context, but I was on a roll.
Now does this "like" business sound like a grown, professional man, or a 13 year old who knows he's in trouble?
A case of arrested development. Seriously.

A short but interesting write-up of sociopathology and being unable to mature as one grows into adulthood.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The behavior of individuals with primary psychopathy are associated with a brain that never functioned normally – hence a lifelong pattern of emotional processing limitations (Blair 2008).

Their brain disorder prohibits maturing to a level that will allow them to care deeply for others, learn from experience, and refrain from immoral behaviors.
-------------------------------
Arrested Development & Stuck at Three? | Narcissism and Psychopathy | Neuroinstincts | Dr. Rhonda Freeman
Thank you for this article! I haven't been able to read it yet, but I look forward to it.

And all this time I was thinking the non-porous bag was merely a large heavy duty plastic bag, but this makes more sense to carry a body in.

That being said, my original thought was the sheet and the plastic bag flew out of the back of the truck, but these bags I don't think would fly out of a truck bed as easily as a plastic bag and a sheet. I just can't figure out how he would have left such a large nylon or polyester bag at the scene. Unless it flew out of the bed of his truck. I guess we'll know in a couple of years.
I think his sloppiness was due to being rushed. He didn't get there as early as he planned and he didn't realize how hard it would be to dig a hole the size he needed. MOO

Last edited:
@maeleemae, are you referencing the daughter and the shooting water stream?
Quoting myself.
I understand that it is uncomfortable to see this video and the subject matter is very sensitive but little girls and boys will experience things like this, it is normal. I think it is normal albeit not something anyone wants to watch or encourage and perhaps SW and CW overlooked it and didn't clue in at that moment, I wish they had but they didn't. I think it is benign.

I'm curious what makes you think this could have been the case?
I raised 3 step children from the ages of 6,7 and 9 through marriage, college and 82nd airborne respectively.

With a diagnosed narcissist among other things. They became successful, despite her, and are successful. Then I left. Thank G for me. And them.

And they swam. And played in water. Just like that video. And neither their very sick mother, or alcoholic father, or me, abused them in the way that was insinuated when that video was posted.

Edited to say this was a cheap shot of innuendo IMO

I raised two girls and that’s weird behavior. Sexual abuse? Nothing would surprise me at this point.
Actually, it's not at all uncommon for children to discover and explore parts of their own bodies. They're curious and that is normal. It does not always mean they have been abused.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
If you google defense attorneys and social media, you can see that there has been a meeting of the minds :

THE GUIDE:
SOCIAL MEDIA FOR LAWYERS

Social Media Guide for Law Firms and Lawyers
5. PLAN YOUR CONTENT, SET A POLICY

This sounds rather formal – but it needn’t necessarily be. What you really need to define is what the constraints are on what you are allowed to say in public. Take a moment to think about it, and you’ll find that mostly this is common sense.

Plan what you are going to talk about. Think why it might be interesting to your target audience. Think why they might want to share it. Effective use of social media means creating content that is provocative. That is, it provokes a reaction in the readers such that they want to share it with their friends or engage with you on the topic.

The worst thing you can do is sit on the fence. It’s better to have a strong opinion and be prepared to defend it.

6. HAVE A ROUTINE
For social media to be effective you need to have a routine. Plan what effort you can commit to it and keep to it. Maybe it’s just an hour a day. Schedule some time for that, plan the routine tasks that you will do – e.g. deleting spam, and responding to comments. Be sure to plan the time for creating new content.

7. GET EVERYONE IN YOUR LAW FIRM INVOLVED
One of the challenges of social media can be getting it to scale. The answer can be found in making it a little bit of everyone’s job. Encourage everyone to get online and do their bit. Encourage your fellow lawyers to connect with clients and prospects, and ask them to re-tweet and re-post your good news stories to their followers.

I don't know if you are joking but this is related to the rules of law firm marketing. Attorney advertising is heavily regulated and they are constantly trying to catch up with "the times." I worked at a firm that had a detailed policy about how your LinkedIn profile had to look.

Glad to hear they don't include actual photos @MassGuy to the public, we don't need to see that to understand the report. I have never read an autopsy report nor have I seen a photo of deceased person. Not sure I could view an autopsy photo. I am relying on WS members to help me with the report when it does get released to public and if it does.:(

I've seen close-up crime scene photos of a deceased person that weren't released to the public and you would just cry, and I did. They were absolutely horrific and I hope I never see one again. I've also seen a photo of a person after the post mortem examination but before the body had been stitched up. It was so white and almost looked like a dummy, but the crime scene photos were the worst by far.

Some post mortem reports can be very matter of fact, but if you read shocking things that you were never anticipating, that's a very different story.

If you google defense attorneys and social media, you can see that there has been a meeting of the minds :

THE GUIDE:
SOCIAL MEDIA FOR LAWYERS

Social Media Guide for Law Firms and Lawyers
5. PLAN YOUR CONTENT, SET A POLICY

This sounds rather formal – but it needn’t necessarily be. What you really need to define is what the constraints are on what you are allowed to say in public. Take a moment to think about it, and you’ll find that mostly this is common sense.

Plan what you are going to talk about. Think why it might be interesting to your target audience. Think why they might want to share it. Effective use of social media means creating content that is provocative. That is, it provokes a reaction in the readers such that they want to share it with their friends or engage with you on the topic.

The worst thing you can do is sit on the fence. It’s better to have a strong opinion and be prepared to defend it.

6. HAVE A ROUTINE
For social media to be effective you need to have a routine. Plan what effort you can commit to it and keep to it. Maybe it’s just an hour a day. Schedule some time for that, plan the routine tasks that you will do – e.g. deleting spam, and responding to comments. Be sure to plan the time for creating new content.

7. GET EVERYONE IN YOUR LAW FIRM INVOLVED
One of the challenges of social media can be getting it to scale. The answer can be found in making it a little bit of everyone’s job. Encourage everyone to get online and do their bit. Encourage your fellow lawyers to connect with clients and prospects, and ask them to re-tweet and re-post your good news stories to their followers.

Digital marketing of law firms is much different than encouraging people to troll the web to stir up sympathy for criminal defendants. Much, much different.

You guys are accusing honorable public defenders of violating the rules of professional conduct. You are making statements that are designed to undermine the public's confidence in the judicial system. I think that's awful.

@maeleemae, are you referencing the daughter and the shooting water stream?

Yes. It’s odd to me. I don’t know these people. None of us do with the exception of three people on this board. Obviously there was big trouble in the home. Those girls are dead. SW is dead. I’m looking at eveything. And that looks like sexualized play to me. Even SW tells CW to stop them.

It doesn't have to be the defense team themselves. People hire Social Media influencers to do this kind of work. It wouldn't be the actual defense attorneys hiring them. It could be the defendant, or his family or the AP or his best friends...

Any evidence for that in this case? How is CW hiring those people from jail?

How would it be unethical to encourage defense supporters to vocally defend the defendant if they wanted to? How is it any different than prosecutors inviting victim's families to press conferences to make a statement? It's theatrics, sure, but I don't see any ethical issues.
Evidently this PD has said it is prohibited for them to make any public comment. Others have a right to express an opinion whether or not the PD encourages them. Theatrics by prosecutors have interfered with the right of due process. Richard Jewell is one example. Bottom line, neither side should do it. JMO

Yes. It’s odd to me. I don’t know these people. None of us do with the exception of three people on this board. Obviously there was big trouble in the home. Those girls are dead. SW is dead. I’m looking at eveything. And that looks like sexualized play to me. Even SW tells CW to stop them.
I can see the video for what it is, innocent playtime, it just felt funny to them. What bothers me is that she posted the video. She didn’t have to post it. Or she could have gotten off her butt and redirected them and shot a different scene. She lacked self-awareness, and now there’s all this video to be scrutinized and misinterpreted. That’s what is alarming! ):

Respectfully @maeleemae, I see it as normal sexual development of children between 2 and 6 to experiment with their bodies and sensations. Parent's should redirect their children's attention when something like this happens to more appropriate behaviors. But I think it is normal exploration. Gosh didn't think I would be talking about this subject tonight. :) But I agree @maeleemae and @Waterdog I would not have posted that on SM.

I can see the videos for what they are, innocent playtime, it just felt funny to them. What bothers me is that she posted the video. She didn’t have to post it. Or she could have gotten off her butt and redirected them and shot a different scene. She lacked self-awareness, and now there’s all this video to be scrutinized and misinterpreted. That’s what is alarming! ):
You know, it most likely never occurred to her that she’d be murdered by her own husband and turning into a high profile case in which her whole life will be on blast and analyzed the crap out of it by people she never met or knew all over.

I honestly don't think any public defender has the time for a troll campaign but I am certainly going to try to find myself a troll army before my next insider trading case. I've never been able to paint my guys as sympathetic. Maybe I'll luck out and one of the complaining shareholders will be an MLM salesperson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwoForJoy