Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen it posted repeatedly that C.W. said that he disposed of the bodies the way he did to protect Shanann’s reputation. This was not stated in the affidavit, and I have not seen it verified anywhere. Did people just make this up, or did I miss something? I think it’s extremely important that we stick to verified facts.
I've seen no evidence this is true and I've read just about every MSM article out there and watch news coverage from reliable sources. IMO, it's an internet rumor, someone's idle speculation that people latched onto. I'm mostly seeing it as a point of reference for why he disposed of the bodies in the manner he did.

I've been confused about this as well. I sense that there are lots of things being said/theorized on other sites (such as FB groups) and it's getting brought in here. I would love it if we could only respond to theories that have been expressed by members of this forum. Would avoid a lot of back and forth I think! JMO.
It was many threads back, but I am certain that at least one member here stated this as a possible reason CW could have for dumping the bodies while not having committed their murders. The other reason stated was he was afraid no one would believe him. Since then, many posters have been responding to these possible motives for those felonies and how they find them incredulous. Hope this helps clear it up.

John Walsh is the attorney who signed the motions for the defense. He seems to have a pristine reputation upon what I could find googling him. He was US attorney general and has served on the National level as leader for the Department of Justice and so much more . It was that accreditidation that would ensure me quite the contrary . This is not IMO someone who would risk a career so prestigious on back handed tactics. We have not seen any “leaks” from the mainstream media reporting either that it any way would benefit CW.

Yes we have. For that one I believe 100% that the story about it all "finally hitting" a suddenly grieving CW in jail came straight from the defense.

Everyone can see he showed zero signs of grief in those three, damning porch interviews. Those interviews are a nail in his coffin. They're terrible for him.

That little leak was, IMO, intended to mitigate some of the damage of those interviews.

I've followed a lot of big cases. I've seen the tactics employed. Making up nasty stories about a grandfather molestinf his daughter and possibly his granddaughter (Casey Anthony), presenting the story that the murder victim was a pedophile (Travis Alexander). I'm certain the defense knew both of those theories were total b.s.

This stuff happens.

You've got two sides who want to win and who often believe strongly that their position equates to justice.

Early on I predicted that there would be a vicious defense of CW. IMO that's bearing out.

ETA: There's a lot of people working this case in that department. Heck, there might even be private PR firms assisting the defendant.

CW is clearly not going down without a fight. And it looks to me to be a nasty one that decimates the reputation of a murder victim and destroys her family.

I have seen it posted repeatedly that C.W. said that he disposed of the bodies the way he did to protect Shanann’s reputation. This was not stated in the affidavit, and I have not seen it verified anywhere. Did people just make this up, or did I miss something? I think it’s extremely important that we stick to verified facts.
I don't recall this ever being stated as a fact by anyone. It was just suggested as something he might say to explain his actions by a few people. I may have missed something, but I know that threads and threads ago, I said something along the lines of "I bet he'll say he hid the bodies to protect her reputation." I never presented that as a fact. Others have said similar things and as the thoughts are repeated over and over again, it is sometimes hard to tell that it started out as mere speculation.

I've been confused about this as well. I sense that there are lots of things being said/theorized on other sites (such as FB groups) and it's getting brought in here. I would love it if we could only respond to theories that have been expressed by members of this forum. Would avoid a lot of back and forth I think! JMO.
I heard it on the Denver news (MSM), that said I also heard a reporter say something else that was inaccurate. @Layla123 brings up a great point, I took it for granted but it's not documented.

With all due respect, I made that post before several posts were removed. And before I made that statement I went back to double check that people were stating such as fact.

Not my posts. I don't state as fact something that is an opinion. And I was following the thread a bit at the time and saw no one else stating such a thing as "fact".

BBM

Oh yes, lots of lying! While listening to this video, I tried to jot them all down. I think I was being generous while doing so, and there may be more.

1. Like, I have no inclination where they're at right now.
2. Like, I have exhausted every friend that I know of.
3. And, it's just like it's vanished.
4. Like when I got home yesterday, it was like a ghost town, like she wasn't here, the kids weren't here. I have no idea like where they went.
5. I had texted her a few times, called her, I didn't get a response.
6. Something’s not right. She's not answering the door, her car's still here.
7. She was here at the front door and that's when I knew. This isn't like her.
8. I was trying to get home as fast as I can because none of this made sense.
9. Like, if she wasn't here, where did she go?
10. If she went to a friend’s house, where could she be staying?
11. I'm just hoping right now that she's somewhere safe, and maybe she's just there but right now it's just like if she's vanished, I want her back so bad. I want those kids back so bad.
12. I just want them people to know that I want my family back. Like, I want them safe. And I want them here.
13. Last night, I wanted that knock on the door. I wanted to see, I wanted to see those kids run in, run in and just barrel-rush me and just give me a hug and knock me on the ground.
14. Unless something happens in the next hours or so. I'm hoping somebody sees something or somebody knows something and comes forward.
15. (Asked what the hardest part is) Not knowing. If they're safe or if they're in trouble.
16. I can't do anything right now from where I'm at. Like, I'm not sure if they're safe somewhere, just huddled up somewhere or if they're in trouble.
17. And knowing that if they could be in trouble, it's earth-shattering right now.
18. (Talks about the cameras and doors and how she could have left) It's so hard to tell.
19. It's really hard to even suspect anything right now as far as how she could have left or if someone came and picked her up or if somebody took her.
20. I just want them home so bad.
21. I saw the kids on the monitor before I left, and that was it.
22. Canine units, they're getting scents, so hopefully they can pick up something and kinda go in a direction that will actually lead us to where maybe they're at right now.
23. (Basically ignores question about pregnancy) Mmm hmm, that's why I want everybody back.
24. I want everybody, I need everybody back here, and everybody safe.

All these sentences are crazy, but this one:

“Like, if she wasn't here, where did she go?“

I’m sorry but this reminds me of a really awful version of this:

Last edited:
Perhaps she was already lying on the bed/bottom sheet. Easier to just pop all four corners and wrap.

That is what I think. But why the phone in the couch?

I do think she made it upstairs.

I can see him killing her because I think he grew to hate her. He may have had it as a dream and then he did it, Visualize it and then do it. An ugly take on what those motivating hucksters tell you in how to succeed .

But the children? He grew to hate his children or he did not care about them in the first place?

When he was singing while making a meal , he seemed authentic. He is not a killer like those that kill their own selves. They apparently believe the world revolves around them and the family cannot function without them. I think those kind care in their own twisted way

He is a killer who wants a different life. He has no intention of dying. Did he ever care?

My husband said in order to kill, such as in the military, the enemy has to be dehumanized. That is why they are given ugly names.

Did he dehumanize the children? To me SW does not enter into my thoughts.It is obvious he grew to hate her.But the kids? What would you even say to yourself?

I heard it on the Denver news (MSM), that said I also heard a reporter say something else that was inaccurate. @Layla123 brings up a great point, I took it for granted but it's not documented.
What channel, please? I'm surprised because I watch a couple of our CO newscasts and I've seen no speculatory coverage. It's all been pretty cut and dried.

With all do respect, IMO y’all are stretching here. No prior relationships? No real friendships? Maybe we should ask someone who knew him before we make these assumptions. I personally think we may be trying to fit C.W. into an entirely different box than the one he truly belongs in. JMO

That's what many of us think is happening to SW. And many people who knew her very well- insist it's all garbage.

But the fact is, while the insinuations against SW are unfounded, there's a lot of basis for such speculation when it comes to a man charged with five counts of first degree murder for decimating his entire family.

And I'm going directly off what people who knew him have said about him, their impressions, and what hasn't been said about him.

I think that some would prefer we go by only what one particular person who knew him says rather than looking at the entire picture.

I'm not going to do that.

What I've seen so far? He's neatly fitting the profile.

Last edited:
Last night I couldn’t quit thinking about these little girls, if they suffered pain and felt fear before they died.

If they were strangled in their sleep, they would have woken up at some point right?

I keep imagining what Shanann might have gone through before she died... did she know her children were dead? Did she witness their murders or see their bodies? Did she suffer any physical pain? She must have been terrified for herself and the girls, and for the life of her unborn baby. I am following WH’s trial right now in Savanna Greywind’s case, so thoughts of Nico and a pregnant mother’s fear and last moments are very fresh on my mind.
These are some of the reasons CW should NEVER, EVER walk free in society again.

It was many threads back, but I am certain that at least one member here stated this as a possible reason CW could have for dumping the bodies while not having committed their murders. The other reason stated was he was afraid no one would believe him. Since then, many posters have been responding to these possible motives for those felonies and how they find them incredulous. Hope this helps clear it up.

Ok, thanks. I'll take your word for a poster here having stated that way back (avoids me having to go back many threads! :p)

I see posters discussing a possible motive of no one believing him as different than trying to protect SW's reputation. JMO.

Man give @gitana1 a break. She never said she was getting ready to go file an ethics complaint with the Colorado Bar Association. She stated her opinion on their approach to CW's defense and what she thinks people associated with the defense may be doing. Personally I disagree but I think her opinion is valid and could prove to have merit. Every time we disagree it doesn't have to turn into a sidebar making the person defend themselves for pages.

If you disagree with someone's opinion, offer your own opinion or things they may not have considered. This thread gets thrown off when we obsess about a passing comment or post instead of constructively moving on. It makes the thread hard to follow too.

That is what I think. But why the phone in the couch?

I do think she made it upstairs.

I can see him killing her because I think he grew to hate her. He may have had it as a dream and then he did it, Visualize it and then do it. An ugly take on what those motivating hucksters tell you in how to succeed .

But the children? He grew to hate his children or he did not care about them in the first place?

When he was singing while making a meal , he seemed authentic. He is not a killer like those that kill their own selves. They apparently believe the world revolves around them and the family cannot function without them. I think those kind care in their own twisted way

He is a killer who wants a different life. He has no intention of dying. Did he ever care?

My husband said in order to kill, such as in the military, the enemy has to be dehumanized. That is why they are given ugly names.

Did he dehumanize the children? To me SW does not enter into my thoughts.It is obvious he grew to hate her.But the kids? What would you even say to yourself?

I don't think he hated his kids. I think he hated his life. His identity. Or maybe lack thereof.

He wanted to be someone different, living a different life. I suspect he viewed his kids as extensions of himself but if he had a disordered sense of identity, it was a part of himself he wanted to shed, maybe.

What channel, please? I'm surprised because I watch a couple of our CO newscasts and I've seen no speculatory coverage. It's all been pretty cut and dried.
I'm sorry, there are 2 items I'd like to link to and could not find either. I have the tv on for 7am, 11am, some 5pm, and usually both 9 & 10pm broadcasts, and choose my channels between 4, 7, 9, 31 depending on which weather lady is on (I'm not fond of the one's that rush and talk fast). Literally, I could spend weeks sorting through those newscasts. I do think though it was around Aug 16th, recalling it was in the breaking news in the evening, they tied into CW confessing after being granted permission to talk to his father. This was before I looked at FB or rejoined here, so not influenced.

ETA, not that it matters what I said above, as it NOT documented. But I think that's where the misunderstanding started. moo :)

Last edited:
All these sentences are crazy, but this one:

“Like, if she wasn't here, where did she go?“

I’m sorry but this ireminds me of a really awful version of this:

:D ....... ;)

Ahhhhh! Thanks for the cartoon! Made me LOL. It's nice while we're in the middle of this horrible-ness, to just roll back and laff for a bit.

That's what many of us think is happening to SW. And many people who knew her very well- insist it's all garbage.

But the fact is, while the insinuations against SW are unfounded, there's a lot of basis for such speculation when it comes to a man charged with five counts of first degree murder for decimating his entire family.

And I'm going directly off what people who knew him have said about him, their impressions, and what hasn't been said about him.

I think that some would prefer we go by what one particular person who knew him says rather than looking at the entire picture.

I'm not going to do that.

What I've seen so far? He's neatly fitting the profile.

As Amonet brilliantly said, “I Shot the Sheriff, but I didn’t shoot the Deputy..”

(“I strangled Shanann,
But I didn’t kill Bella/CeCe”)

(Yeah that’s a great defense buddy, you only strangled a pregnant woman to death. Of course you’re not a child killer!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwoForJoy