Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it was recorded... I thought it was said they had him cornered a bit and he would tell them everything if he could just talk to his dad.

I agree family annihilation do exists and some kill, I'm not arguing that fact.

All I'm saying is my perception of CW doesn't fit with a family annihilation at this time. I don't believe CW thought his family let him down, or that he's anti-social with rage, anger management and resentment issues. There was no known acts of domestic violence patterns and I don't think CW acted out with revenge. jmo

I hear you. The thing is, while there are often prior patterns of domestic violence with these cases, not always. The ones that stun us the most have none. And those are the ones in which the perp stays alive and doesn't commit suicide.

Chris Coleman - no DV no discernible rage issue.
Scott Peterson - no DV no discernible rage issue.
Neil Entwistle - no DV no discernible rage issue.
Michael Blagg - no DV no discernible rage issue.
Mark Hacking - no DV no discernible rage issue.
Christian Longo - no DV no discernible rage issue.

Case after case after case.

Revenge is a motive in some of these annihilator cases. Usually when they also kill themselves. Otherwise, mostly it's affairs and/or financial issues and/or they just want to be free from family responsibility.

I could answer (kind of) all of those.

How many 'reasonable' loving fathers see something like he described (made up).
After they are killed... he couldn't save them and searched his mind for a way to hide the bodies so the public would not learn of what his wife did (made up)
Had to call/txt her phone to look like she had just left with the kids, not killed them forcing him to kill her (made up).

I know not feasible, likely or reasonable... but they are semi-answers.
Good thinking of possible strategy. I just don't think they have much they can come up with that will hold water. I do not personally find the answers credible, nor do I believe that reasonable jurors will, either, based on the evidence we know right now. But we shall see! Particularly if they say it was to protect the wife's reputation (so concerned for her he denied her and her family a proper burial, etc) and that he was forced to kill her (um, no...who made him judge and jury?). Rage + trauma + carefully executed (if flawed) plan to cover it all up = doesn't add up. The only thing that does add up, IMO, is he did it. So far the State agrees. But it will be interesting to see the defense.

I understand but I do not personally find them credible, nor do I believe that reasonable jurors will, either, based on the evidence we know right now. But we shall see! Particularly if they say it was to protect the wife's reputation (so concerned for her he denied her and her family a proper burial, etc) and that he was forced to kill her (um, no...who made him judge and jury?). Rage + trauma + carefully executed (if flawed) plan to cover it all up = doesn't add up. The only thing that does add up, IMO, is he did it. So far the State agrees. But it will be interesting to see the defense.

Yeah it's going to be interesting to see how they show a guy became so enraged by his wife's murder of their kids that he killed her but second later was suddenly protective of her reputation.

Well, you could look at the C.Anthony case to see that jurors can find reasonable things unreasonable and vice versa.
If not... we should still be looking for the real killer of Caley and maybe help with the finding Nicole and Ron's killer(s?) too.

It is hard to imagine that a person who vould kill his family had no signs. For instance, Ted Bundy tried to drown his fiancee. At the time, she was uncomfortable about it but dismissed it as a joke. When it came out who he really was, the drowning took on a new meaning.

What I'm thinking about this: it might be sometimes even hard for themselves to discover and accept some parts of their personality. If they know right from wrong. So they might just try their best to hide them. Yes of course, there are people out there who where even conspicuous in their behavior maybe already in their early childhood. But I doubt that this applies to everyone.

Maybe it all begins just with some kind of "weird fantasies" inside their heads and they try their best to supress/deny them (not knowing what to do with them) so nobody else get's to know what really hides under the surface. If Chris did not *snap* he might have had a plan (not being sure if he could really do this) and this plan he might have played over and over in his head even while kissing his girls "good night". So nobody could guess what lied ahead of them.

Jumping off your post here.... I have 2 sons. Both right around CW's age. Both have 3 precious babies. I have always told my children since the day they were born, there is nothing they could do to make me stop loving them. Heaven forbid if either of my sons were ever in the position of CW, I would love them (all the while not understanding their actions) & I would encourage (especially if I thought there was a chance they weren't being 100% truthful), maybe even DEMAND they own what they did no matter the outcome. I always tried to teach my children they had to be accountable for their actions & take the consequences as a result.... but as you said Madison, I would definitely NOT go about publicly or privately defending them.

All MOO
I like your post. I like to believe that if I had children, I would believe like you. I hope CW's parents and his family are there for him, not exactly defending him (how could they?) but rather, just loving him as their son. Whatever happened that night or morning is not defensible, IMO, even if what CW claims happened is true. Still, murder is murder. In addition to four lives ended, two sides of extended family have been shattered.

If this was my dad, and I had done this atrocity, my dad would be there with me for every hearing. He'd be crying his eyes out, but I'd know he was there. And he'd be telling me to tell the truth, and pay for my actions. (And it would kill him.). I feel so sad for both sides families and friends.

Well, you could look at the C.Anthony case to see that jurors can find reasonable things unreasonable and vice versa.
If not... we should still be looking for the real killer of Caley and maybe help with the finding Nicole and Ron's killer(s?) too.
Agreed, sadly. But I do not think that is the norm.

Don't have to prove it... just create a little doubt.

But it wasn't sane or diabolical... he took the bodies to the ONLY place he could. He couldn't deviate from his way to work because of GPS.
Then: Where is the 1st place LE will look after you are suspected of the crime---- where you went.
Nothing spectacular about what he did... more like pathetic.

I would imagine it is all the more difficult when it is immediately followed by spectacularly sane, diabolical, felonious behavior to cover up said temporary insanity.

Yes. We've seen no signs of temporary insanity which to my knowledge doesn't appear and disappear moments later. Except in the movies.

But it wasn't sane or diabolical... he took the bodies to the ONLY place he could. He couldn't deviate from his way to work because of GPS.
Then: Where is the 1st place LE will look after you are suspected of the crime---- where you went.
Nothing spectacular about what he did... more like pathetic.
I believe that he was going to move SW to a more secretive hiding place and I think that he thought putting the girls in oil, that no one would ever think of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs. Venable