Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to AB, I kind of understand. The way they talked about Superglue prints. There are several methods of lifting finger and palm prints, but you only get one chance. If you’ve got 5 scientists sitting around discussing the pros and cons of each option, that could take time.
Absolutely. There are many things here that need to be answered, including:

Figuring out when the kids were killed

Figuring out how

Proving who

You’re going to have all types of testing going on in order to answer these questions.

It may be a while until the results are in, and longer until we learn about them.

You know what we learn in law school? How to be flexible with our thinking. We are forced via the Socratic method to analyze cases, applying the facts and the law, over and over, and having our positions and analysis thoroughly challenged, ensuring that we are able to argue all sides of a case, all positions, and be able to master litigating a side regardless of our emotions, simply utilizing the facts and the law to see how a case can work from any angle.

But gossip ain't evidence and speculation isn't admissible.

I don't think it's a coincidence that three out of four verified attorneys on here find CW's story to be utter nonsense.

And no. That's not a result of being "inflexible". Quite the contrary, IMO.
Amen! Plus as I posted earlier the autopsies are being done in accordance with Colorado statute. No issues. Just following the law.

EBM: Grammar

Last edited:
People keep talking as though it is a fact that police brought Cadaver dogs into the Watts home. I’m no expert on dogs, but awhile back on AB, it was stated that there’s a big difference between a Cadaver dog and a Search and Rescue dog. They’re trained to pick up on different scents, either dead scents or live scents. We can’t assume which kind of dogs were brought into the Watts home. CW talked about the dogs, and he didn’t seem to be concerned when he heard barking. @gitana1 Would it be a violation of CW’s rights to bring Cadaver dogs into his home without CW’s consent?

Whoa. Good question. Because could that be considered a 4th amendment "search"?

I mean if he gave permission for them to bring in dogs and they were vague about what kind...I'm not sure.

Of course cadaver dogs they could argue were used not to investigate CW but to determine if maybe someone came in and killed the family as took them out, which would elevate the search and make it a crime scene.

You know I don't think they were cadaver dogs though. I never got that sense.

But I'm not sure about the answer. Attorneys?

You know what we learn in law school? How to be flexible with our thinking. We are forced via the Socratic method to analyze cases, applying the facts and the law, over and over, and having our positions and analysis thoroughly challenged, ensuring that we are able to argue all sides of a case, all positions, and be able to master litigating a side regardless of our emotions,

I second that as someone who graduated law school in another lifetime, but never practiced. Never did love dotting my i's or crossing my t's on paperwork :)

I have missed so much discussion here. Is it really possible to keep up with every comment on every thread? If so, I am failing...

<modsnip - referencing FB sites that cannot be linked here>

Can you imagine sorting through all the thousands of items in that house that still carry the scent of the girls, of SW, the toys, blankets, pictures, even mundane items like toothbrushes and soap. When my mom passed away, I cried a river going through her everyday things. Oh, the anguish SW family must feel all over again.

The operative word here is 'can'. If there are bodily fluids released in the house, it probably means that they were dead longer than he is admitting to.
When people die in a hospital, they stay around for a while to be with the loved one. They are only shunted out when the staff think that the muscles relaxing would cause bodily fluids to seep out.
Then they are laid out with all orifices packed to delay that leaking.

I think this is incorrect. In my experience, often the very moment people pass, their bowels or bladder will relax and release shortly after death. It may be just a little amount but it's there.

Last edited by a moderator:

I mean if he gave permission for them to bring in dogs and they were vague about what kind...I'm not sure.

Of course cadaver dogs they could argue were used not to investigate CW but to determine if maybe someone came in and killed the family as took them out, which would elevate the search and make it a crime scene.

Looks like he consented to the dog search:
The scent of death: Police dogs and the Chris Watts investigation

Video is embedded in article.

You know what we learn in law school? How to be flexible with our thinking. We are forced via the Socratic method to analyze cases, applying the facts and the law, over and over, and having our positions and analysis thoroughly challenged, ensuring that we are able to argue all sides of a case, all positions, and be able to master litigating a side regardless of our emotions, simply utilizing the facts and the law to see how a case can work from any angle.

But gossip ain't evidence and speculation isn't admissible.

I don't think it's a coincidence that three out of four verified attorneys on here find CW's story to be utter nonsense.

And no. That's not a result of being "inflexible". Quite the contrary, IMO.

Depends if you want the “personal” opinion of whether he’s guilty - or the “professional” opinion of what a jury would/could find based on the limited information we currently have. In my case, those aren’t necessarily the same. I’ve had enough trial experience - criminal included - to have some doubts about how this one could play out. Fortunately, we know that there will be a lot more info by the time this gets to trial...

Why would her income be impossible to calculate? Payments to her would be recorded and leased vehicles would have a paper trail.

Exactly. Why are they impossible to calculate? People or someone on here said it would be impossible because you would have to know how many people are below her.

So if someone knows what her income might be, it would be nice if they would explain it.

But a Cadaver dog search? Does LE need to explain the difference between Cadaver dogs vs. Search and rescue dogs? How Search-and-rescue Dogs Work
I can't see CW thinking he could long get away with saying no to the cadaver dogs...I wonder how long it would take them to obtain a warrant if he refused?

Some LE dogs are dual purpose. Like tracking and drug detection. I don’t know enough to say for sure, but if the dogs they used do both tracking and cadaver work could a cadaver hit be incidental and once they have it, they go from there?

But a Cadaver dog search? Does LE need to explain the difference between Cadaver dogs vs. Search and rescue dogs? How Search-and-rescue Dogs Work

An argument can be made that perhaps the use of a cadaver dog exceeded his consent to a search by a search and rescue dog. Not sure how successful that argument would be. Plus, what evidence was derived from the cadaver dogs? If there was no evidence, then this is a moot issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NorthernMIguy