Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I have already been a part of conversations over the past week on all three of these isolated incidents, I just want to say one thing. I viewed ALL the videos. All. And I can unequivocally say, without a doubt, based upon the FB videos alone and having no other information at my disposal that might change this statement, I would have been very, very happy to have SW as my own mother. And I would not have a second thought about her watching my children. I see no abuse, IMO. And I have not seen a licensed psychologist nor psychiatrist state that they see abuse in those videos, either.
Correct. We actually had one say that they had no concerns with them.

I believe it was her hair dresser that said she was considering separation. Or at least that it was being considered. Don't remember which article.

I saw the hair dresser interview. IIRC, the hair dresser works with SW's mother and in the interview, she said separation was definitely on the table. She didn't say who wanted the separation, though.

JMO, I do not believe CW told SW he wanted a separation on the night of the murder. If separation was discussion, my thoughts are that SW was the one who brought it up. That's JMO.

First, let me preface my response with this disclaimer: I don’t know who killed the children. I’m open to hearing all viewpoints and evolving my theories based on information as it comes out.

However, I was one of the people who stated that I saw alarming behaviors in some of the videos SW posted on SM. I know many of you disagree. I wanted to respond to this particular claim that both SW & CW are equally participating in the behaviors that I personally, as a mother and advocate for children of over 20 years, had issue with.

The squirt bottle video: a toddler is repeatedly squirt in the face with a firm stream of water by her mother. This action is sometimes used by pet owners to deter bad behavior. This action goes on for over 2 minutes. She calls to the other child, who refuses to come out. The father remains in the shadows, quietly looking on, making sure the child being squirted does not become upset. When the child has had enough, note who quickly pulls her inside & who yells, “Don’t save her!”

The pie in the face video: the children and their father are directed to receive whipped cream in their faces for 5 minutes. This is a commonly played game & I’m not citing issue with the game itself. The father receives the most “hits,” and everyone laughs. The mother never participates, but demands one child play despite her repeatedly saying she doesn’t want to. The mother directs the child to receive the whipped cream in the face anyway, and the child becomes extremely upset. The video is stopped & restarted to give the child time to calm down over her loss in this contest of wills. Over a game.

The Santa video: the husband is dressed as Santa and is instructed by his wife to wait outside as she collects the girls. When she announces to them that Santa is coming, they become upset and begin to cry and/or hide. She proceeds with the plan. “Santa” comes in and tries to engage with one child who has hesitantly obeyed her mother’s command to come see their visitor. The other child is hysterically crying in another room. The father does not force the child to do anything. He talks calmly and asks the child questions in his regular voice. He is quickly admonished for not keeping up the ruse. His FIL comments on the live video, “Watch your voice!!” His wife makes a comment alluding to the fact that this Santa is effeminate because he’s not using a deep voice. She places the child on his lap, again ignoring the child telling her that she does not want to do this. The child again becomes upset at this perceived betrayal and pouts. “Santa” leaves the scene. He does not go find the other child who is hiding, he seems to know this activity is a bust. The mother then repeatedly admonishes the child for not liking Santa’s visit or being grateful for her gift. She calls her the Grinch in a disgusted tone about 5 times.

My observations only. MOO
You went out of your way to nitpick some videos that to you are evidence that she killed them? What would she get out of murdering her daughters? There is nothing to gain for her, but plenty for C.W.

First, let me preface my response with this disclaimer: I don’t know who killed the children. I’m open to hearing all viewpoints and evolving my theories based on information as it comes out.

However, I was one of the people who stated that I saw alarming behaviors in some of the videos SW posted on SM. I know many of you disagree. I wanted to respond to this particular claim that both SW & CW are equally participating in the behaviors that I personally, as a mother and advocate for children of over 20 years, had issue with.

The squirt bottle video: a toddler is repeatedly squirt in the face with a firm stream of water by her mother. This action is sometimes used by pet owners to deter bad behavior. This action goes on for over 2 minutes. She calls to the other child, who refuses to come out. The father remains in the shadows, quietly looking on, making sure the child being squirted does not become upset. When the child has had enough, note who quickly pulls her inside & who yells, “Don’t save her!”

The pie in the face video: the children and their father are directed to receive whipped cream in their faces for 5 minutes. This is a commonly played game & I’m not citing issue with the game itself. The father receives the most “hits,” and everyone laughs. The mother never participates, but demands one child play despite her repeatedly saying she doesn’t want to. The mother directs the child to receive the whipped cream in the face anyway, and the child becomes extremely upset. The video is stopped & restarted to give the child time to calm down over her loss in this contest of wills. Over a game.

The Santa video: the husband is dressed as Santa and is instructed by his wife to wait outside as she collects the girls. When she announces to them that Santa is coming, they become upset and begin to cry and/or hide. She proceeds with the plan. “Santa” comes in and tries to engage with one child who has hesitantly obeyed her mother’s command to come see their visitor. The other child is hysterically crying in another room. The father does not force the child to do anything. He talks calmly and asks the child questions in his regular voice. He is quickly admonished for not keeping up the ruse. His FIL comments on the live video, “Watch your voice!!” His wife makes a comment alluding to the fact that this Santa is effeminate because he’s not using a deep voice. She places the child on his lap, again ignoring the child telling her that she does not want to do this. The child again becomes upset at this perceived betrayal and pouts. “Santa” leaves the scene. He does not go find the other child who is hiding, he seems to know this activity is a bust. The mother then repeatedly admonishes the child for not liking Santa’s visit or being grateful for her gift. She calls her the Grinch in a disgusted tone about 5 times.

My observations only. MOO
I have many years working with children too, and I have commented on some of those videos. I can't understand the criticism of the squirt bottle video. Not only is the child delighted, she is opening her mouth to receive the water! I don't know if I should feel guilty for all those times in summer school we squirted the kids with a hose! They opened their mouths for water too. And as for the father looking on, making sure the child doesn't get upset, you could just as easily say he refused to interact with his children, or that it was an example if him distancing himself from the children's activities. As for the Santa Claus video, I think the whole thing backfired, and she should have just given up. But I didn't here her say Grinch in a disgusting tone at all. She said it, and maybe she shouldnt have, many times, but not in any video that I have seen did she ever appear angry or disgusted. I guess people really do see differently. Jmo

Because I have already been a part of conversations over the past week on all three of these isolated incidents, I just want to say one thing. I viewed ALL the videos. All. And I can unequivocally say, without a doubt, based upon the FB videos alone and having no other information at my disposal that might change this statement, I would have been very, very happy to have SW as my own mother. And I would not have a second thought about her watching my children. I see no abuse, IMO. And I have not seen a licensed psychologist nor psychiatrist state that they see abuse in those videos, either.

We can agree to disagree. I have a lot of education & experience in this field, so while I’m willing to compromise my views on many things, I’m pretty confident in my opinion on this one. MOO

I saw the hair dresser interview. IIRC, the hair dresser works with SW's mother and in the interview, she said separation was definitely on the table. She didn't say who wanted the separation, though.

JMO, I do not believe CW told SW he wanted a separation on the night of the murder. If separation was discussion, my thoughts are that SW was the one who brought it up. That's JMO.
That's what I would think. It's something you might confide in your hair dresser if you were considering it. Imo

No, hypothetically or not, because who's determining what are lies and what aren't, if it's CW, I wouldn't believe one word he's said or is going to say!

If this is to do with the 'gay lover' claiming CW told him SW was abusive?! Phfft to that!

And also he would've told the possible male AP that so again came from CW and likely a lie to paint her in a bad light and him gain sympathy

We can agree to disagree. I have a lot of education & experience in this field, so while I’m willing to compromise my views on many things, I’m pretty confident in my opinion on this one. MOO
It’s great that you have a lot of education and experience, but many of us see things you don’t see or choose not to see

I completely understand. Based on your thoughts on what those videos show, what do you think happened August 12/13, 2018 in this case?

It’s still your opinion, though. I have a lot of education and experience in this field, and I don’t agree with your opinion at all. I don’t see anything in those videos that I would see as a red flag.

That’s fine, as everyone is entitled to their opinion. Here’s my question: Say those videos were mean spirited or reflected some sort of abuse. What bearing does that have here?

If you don’t mind me asking, what kind of experience is this? Are/were you a child therapist? Just trying to understand.

You went out of your way to nitpick some videos that to you are evidence that she killed them? What would she get out of murdering her daughters? There is nothing to gain for her, but plenty for C.W.

Respectfully, I prefaced my comment with the disclaimer:
I don’t know who killed the children. I’m open to hearing all viewpoints and evolving my theories based on information as it comes out.

I also stated that I was responding to the particular claim that both SW & CW are equally participating in the behaviors that I personally had issue with.

MOO

I have many years working with children too, and I have commented on some of those videos. I can't understand the criticism of the squirt bottle video. Not only is the child delighted, she is opening her mouth to receive the water! I don't know if I should feel guilty for all those times in summer school we squirted the kids with a hose! They opened their mouths for water too. And as for the father looking on, making sure the child doesn't get upset, you could just as easily say he refused to interact with his children, or that it was an example if him distancing himself from the children's activities. As for the Santa Claus video, I think the whole thing backfired, and she should have just given up. But I didn't here her say Grinch in a disgusting tone at all. She said it, and maybe she shouldnt have, many times, but not in any video that I have seen did she ever appear angry or disgusted. I guess people really do see differently. Jmo
She wasn't disgusted, she was saying it in such a way as to imply "I've got the grinch over here who isn't excited about Christmas/doesn't have the spirit of Christmas (e.g., unhappy with the gift).

As for having a moody child play a game, many people support the idea that playing games is good for social development on many levels, including playing with others, taking turns, and learning to both win and lose.

Respectfully, I prefaced my comment with the disclaimer:
I don’t know who killed the children. I’m open to hearing all viewpoints and evolving my theories based on information as it comes out.

I also stated that I was responding to the particular claim that both SW & CW are equally participating in the behaviors that I personally had issue with.

MOO
I understand that. What do the videos prove?
MOO

I believe that the dog was howling in the morning and the neighbours called the police. I don't think that police would have rushed to a howling dog call in.
Did LE do anything about the dog call? (I take it no). And they only logged the call and said thank you very much? If nothing else it helps them with some timing. Do we know if the howling dog was coming from the Watts house...Dieter? Or could it be from another house?

I agree. With three victims, two of which were submerged in crude oil to complicate matters, I'd be more suprised if they were complete. The pathologist will be consulting with other experts in how to obtain the best physical evidence, sending out samples for testing, performing her/his own tests, and it's all going to take time. My grandmother also had to have an autopsy and it's a process.
They are buried so doesn't that mean they are done?

Imo the autopsy may have something compelling that the prosecution did not anticipate once they received preliminary findings there the hesitation to get final results is bc they perhaps needed an expert . Moo I believe the timeline matches his confession and can not be disproven. He confessed as to telling the truth and thus far I am still anxiously awaiting the release of these results.
The DA does not dictate the completion timeline for the autopsies in Colorado. They are done when they are done. The DA is under court order to turn them over to the defense upon receipt. Pretty clear that we are waiting on the ME; nothing more IMO.

CW "confessed as to telling the truth" which is his version of the truth as he sees it. That should not be confused with the actual facts that we have yet to see. From the WAA, we know that he lied and then told the truth about a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member