Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have many years working with children too, and I have commented on some of those videos. I can't understand the criticism of the squirt bottle video. Not only is the child delighted, she is opening her mouth to receive the water! I don't know if I should feel guilty for all those times in summer school we squirted the kids with a hose! They opened their mouths for water too. And as for the father looking on, making sure the child doesn't get upset, you could just as easily say he refused to interact with his children, or that it was an example if him distancing himself from the children's activities. As for the Santa Claus video, I think the whole thing backfired, and she should have just given up. But I didn't here her say Grinch in a disgusting tone at all. She said it, and maybe she shouldnt have, many times, but not in any video that I have seen did she ever appear angry or disgusted. I guess people really do see differently. Jmo
I think sometimes people are looking for red flags or trying to justify their theory . I , too have over 30 years of experience with young children as an early childhood educator and parent and I have watched so many videos of SW with her children. I've watched so many I feel so familiar with SW and her children. I see a loving but firm mother who is trying to raise them to be independent . She doesn't baby them but is matter of fact . She is affectionate , loving , cuddly and encouraging. At times you saw that when CW was with them but it's obvious SW was the parent they went to. She shared their lives through FB for work reasons as well as connecting with family all over the place. Some were way too long but that was her thing !! The Christmas one was a disaster !!! I would have said , let's try again in the morning , and put the kids to bed and settled down for a glass of wine !!

Respectfully, I prefaced my comment with the disclaimer:
I don’t know who killed the children. I’m open to hearing all viewpoints and evolving my theories based on information as it comes out.

I also stated that I was responding to the particular claim that both SW & CW are equally participating in the behaviors that I personally had issue with.

MOO
Would you like to share your theories based on the information we have now? I am assuming that you bring your experience to point out your concerns because you believe they have bearing on the case. I am guessing you have been reading our theories. Are you willing to share yours?

I think sometimes people are looking for red flags or trying to justify their theory . I , too have over 30 years of experience with young children as an early childhood educator and parent and I have watched so many videos of SW with her children. I've watched so many I feel so familiar with SW and her children. I see a loving but firm mother who is trying to raise them to be independent . She doesn't baby them but is matter of fact . She is affectionate , loving , cuddly and encouraging. At times you saw that when CW was with them but it's obvious SW was the parent they went to. She shared their lives through FB for work reasons as well as connecting with family all over the place. Some were way too long but that was her thing !! The Christmas one was a disaster !!! I would have said , let's try again in the morning , and put the kids to bed and settled down for a glass of wine !![/QUOT
BBM. She would have been accused of being an alcoholic then, with video proof!

If I read correctly, the Prosecution has the autopsy results but has not shared them with the Defense, but has shared them with others very close to SW. What happens if the results some how indicate that CW didn’t murder the girls?

If I read correctly, the Prosecution has the autopsy results but has not shared them with the Defense, but has shared them with others very close to SW. What happens if the results some how indicate that CW didn’t murder the girls?
From my understanding, the defense has requested the autopsy results from the DA, but the DA has not received them yet. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I understood it?

Where did you read this? Because as of yesterday, the coroner confirmed that the autopsy results are not complete. The prosecution has also stated they don't have them. Is there a new article you can link for us that says different?
MOO

I think sometimes people are looking for red flags or trying to justify their theory . I , too have over 30 years of experience with young children as an early childhood educator and parent and I have watched so many videos of SW with her children. I've watched so many I feel so familiar with SW and her children. I see a loving but firm mother who is trying to raise them to be independent . She doesn't baby them but is matter of fact . She is affectionate , loving , cuddly and encouraging. At times you saw that when CW was with them but it's obvious SW was the parent they went to. She shared their lives through FB for work reasons as well as connecting with family all over the place. Some were way too long but that was her thing !! The Christmas one was a disaster !!! I would have said , let's try again in the morning , and put the kids to bed and settled down for a glass of wine !![/QUOTE

Did working for Thrive require her to put her family life on FB?

AB 9/26/18
1. An Old Dominion moving truck was parked outside Watts home today being filled with articles from the Watts home. It will be taken to a warehouse to await for further instructions. About 3500 lbs is to be moved. SWs father is there, was seen carrying a bed frame out to the truck. He was red faced and sweaty. Also moved a mirror. Other people were there. Woman in her 30’s was helping, Police there, too. Phone guest, Susan, said she drove by and noticed each time they loaded, they closed up the truck. 2 cars parked out front had Colorado license plates. SWs father smiled at guest, Susan, and she said it was heartbreaking. Memorial has been removed from outside house, there are still purple ribbons and bows around the neighborhood. There has been very little activity at the house until today.
2. AB asked guest, Defense Attorney David Beller, who owns the Watts possessions? Beller says at this point we know that police have held the home for awhile, they’ve collected everything they need of evidentiary value. It’s very likely the home and contents have been turned over to the Watts family, very likely that a jury is never going to see the inside of that home because it’s now been given to SW’s family. Does C.W. have any right to the articles in home? Yes, CW is SWs next of kin. Given the circumstances CW will not have access to or need items for a long time. His best interest is to look past them, to allow SWs family take possession of them, it is obvious that’s what’s happening.
3. Guest, Steve Helling, update on C.W. CW still in cell for 23 hours a day, then allowed out to the “Hour Out Room,” where he has access to a newspaper. He wasn’t reading newspaper, he didn’t realize national interest in story. At some point someone told him. He’s not happy about it. He thinks if people really knew who he was, if they knew the situation, they would come to a very different conclusion of who he is, if people knew, they would change their minds. AB says we know who he is, we watched him lie. Helling said we’ve seen this before, Casey Anthony. John Evander Couey said same thing, said he gave victim a stuffed dolphin after he buried her alive.
4. SW’s father built and installed Kitchen cabinets in SWs kitchen, he’s a cabinet maker. He built the orange stool seen in videos that kids played on. Maybe he’s taking those?
5. Guest, SWs 9th grade theater teacher, Matt Francis, who SW kept up friendship with, last communicated 2 weeks before she died, when she was doing a convention, he saw it and congratulated her. She used to be shy and insecure, she’s grown a lot. In class she realized the class was all about ensemble. SW realized people cared about her, she started to thrive. Had low self esteem, was teased. Her name was Shanna Ann. Very southern. Matt found a letter that SW wrote to him. (See letter in attached photo) Matt is in tears as they talk. SW was very helpful in class, SW had a level of empathy that very few have. Can’t believe this happened to her. So hard to see. Funeral was hard. She did enough in her short life to affect people who knew her for a long time. Matt wants justice, and says we've got to do better as a culture to help hurting people like SW did.
6. What is Defense doing now? At this point trying to answer the question why? Don’t have much to go on yet. Too early to set a defense, simply don’t know, trying to block Prosecution from getting more evidence, talking with C.W. trying to figure out what happened. There will be volumes of evidence. There is already a mountain of evidence. CW admitted that he killed SW. You have the evidence showing he did. The defense has a lot to overcome.
Thank you , @Layla123 . I look forward to your AB posts

She wasn't disgusted, she was saying it in such a way as to imply "I've got the grinch over here who isn't excited about Christmas/doesn't have the spirit of Christmas (e.g., unhappy with the gift).

As for having a moody child play a game, many people support the idea that playing games is good for social development on many levels, including playing with others, taking turns, and learning to both win and lose.
Yes, she was saying it in that "tone" that many use with young children. I can't detect disgust at all! Sure, she may have been a little disappointed. But anger or disgust I did not see or hear.

Last edited:
From my understanding, the defense has requested the autopsy results from the DA, but the DA has not received them yet. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I understood it?
That's it. And the coroner has confirmed that the reports are not complete.

Let's review one more time just to make sure we're all on the same page:
  1. The autopsy reports are not complete PER THE CORONER
  2. The autopsy reports have not been received BY THE PROSECUTION
  3. The prosecution can't provide the defense with the autopsy reports BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE THEM

Where did you read this? Because as of yesterday, the coroner confirmed that the autopsy results are not complete. The prosecution has also stated they don't have them. Is there a new article you can link for us that says different?
MOO
Gosh no. I’m sorry, I must have misread something from a few days ago. There are sooo many posts and it’s so easy to get overwhelmed with reading. Thanks.

:)
That's it. And the coroner has confirmed that the reports are not complete.

Let's review one more time just to make sure we're all on the same page:
  1. The autopsy reports are not complete PER THE CORONER
  2. The autopsy reports have not been received BY THE PROSECUTION
  3. The prosecution can't provide the defense with the autopsy reports BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE THEM
Thank you, thank you!:)

Gosh no. I’m sorry, I must have misread something from a few days ago. There are sooo many posts and it’s so easy to get overwhelmed with reading. Thanks.
The defense asked for the prosecution to turn them over (as required by law).

The prosecution responded that they can’t, because they don’t have them yet either.

People began speculating that the prosecution didn’t like what they heard from the coroner, and were keeping the results a secret.

This is of course illegal, and not taking place.

They are buried so doesn't that mean they are done?
I'm not completely clear what you mean but if you mean the pathologist has what they need (not going to be too gruesome here) to complete all of the testing, yes. If you mean will they be exhumed for further testing? Possibly but highly unlikely since it's rare and would require detailed information about wasn't done appropriately the first time and how that could be corrected in order for the judge to approve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB