Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect your opinion & appreciate this forum .

I disagree with your opinion here. IMO It's CW's lack of self control that's caused this horror. IMO I do feel that Shannan would be devastated emotionally by divorcing , but no amount of control issues on her part would cause her to hurt her own children. No amount of emotional pain , no OCD , no revenge would make Shannan hurt her babies.

From all accounts thru Shannan's videos , friend & family comments her family is extremely close and loving.
I would even dare to say that Shannan loved her girls more than she loved CW, that could have been a problem.

I could see SW moving on and marrying again. just all my opinion of course.

Now that you mention it, what was the theory about the nebulizer and that it can be used for other things and how was it thought to be related? I remember that discussion, and even replied, but I'm still confused as to what the point turned out to be. Was it suggested something deadly was used in it? It was all very vague and secretive and I never found out what the theory was.

I've asked and many other posters here have asked, but I don't think there has been a response as to how it fits into any theory. If there is a theory. Maybe I missed it. So far as I know, there was no point in speculating the nebulizer was for something other than asthma.
MOO

Where I live, there is a woman who has horrible deformed skin on her legs. Someone thought she was possessed by the devil and the cure was to soak her legs in kerosene.

I don’t know if a process would change the lethal aspect of kerosene compared to the crude oil or not. Because of the condition of the woman’s legs, I am guessing that there was a lot of body destruction with the children

BBM - I must be in the same group. People are tearing at SW - everything from the way she did her hair to the way she talked. These posts seem to imply, "see, she was horrible and this is why he killed her," but if anyone dare call them on that, they eat them alive. Even the moderators are anti-SW.

Regarding SW many, many videos. I see CW in these videos playing with and appearing to be very attentive to his girls. He is a willing participant. He does what he's told. This makes it so painful to imagine him murdering his little girls and disposing of them. So I have now found myself more than once hoping that he is remorseful. There is a rumor (in the above group by a moderator who claims to have an inside jail source) that CW spends his nights sobbing in his cell, and he is taunted by other inmates. Is it ever possible that people like this can be regretful?

EDIT: Adding MOO

Here is the thing. With SW's murder alone, many would probably assume he "snapped". There might be a lot of transference involved in the situations when one partner has obsessive/controlling traits, and too many, gender aside, could say, "she sounds just like my ex..."

But the kids turn it into premeditation. So people who might be somewhat sympathetic to CW as a timid guy under his wife's heel can find themselves in the state of cognitive dissonance, almost willing to be convinced that she did it. I am abiding by the rule not to discuss other posts, but I suspect I saw a tad of it here, too. Not much.

I think we should be less intolerant of each other's opinions. People have emotions, own life histories. If someone believes CW, his/her right. Just remember that the phrase, "de mortuis nil nisi bonum" (about the dead, nothing but good) is common courtesy. SW was not a bad person, not at all - I am writing it with full understanding that I would not be able to make a family with her male counterpart - merely, as any human, she was not perfect and probably needed a very different husband.

Where I live, there is a woman who has horrible deformed skin on her legs. Someone thought she was possessed by the devil and the cure was to soak her legs in kerosene.

I don’t know if a process would change the lethal aspect of kerosene compared to the crude oil or not. Because of the condition of the woman’s legs, I am guessing that there was a lot of body destruction with the children
OMG!!:(

I can't figure it out either.
What bearing do the videos have? The father murdered his family of 4. Why did he do it? The history of what happened in that family (relationship dynamics, behavior, etc) plus examining all of the stressors is relevant. There are tons of videos and posts
that give a glimpse of their real lives not just acting for the camera.

I have a feeling that the defense will say that SW strangling the kids was due to
Thrive and her Lupus, other illnesses and pregnancy hormones, that caused her to go into a rage and kill the kids.

I believe the defense will also use Thrive as a defense for CW killing SW. They will say that Thrive'sBlack Patch, shakes and supplements (plus any other things he was taking) boosted CWs testerone and he snapped and killed SW because she had killed the kids. They will say it played a role in the bad decisions he made about not calling 911 and burying all the bodies.

The defense will claim that the 2 Watts parents were not themselves due to Thrive and other factors. The defense has seen how the public has reacted in disgust when they heard CW's explanation about SW strangling the girls. It will not fly with the jury.

Originally I thought Chris was a remote, pouty, narcissist. But after watching a ton of the videos, he was very sweet and tender with the girls. It looked like he did a lot of
work around the house and often fed the girls and played with them.

<modsnip: off limits>

@Trinket78 posted a video of Chris' mom (apparentlynicknamed MeMe) arriving at the airport and running and embracing a little toddler Bella. MeMe was very loving.
She wasn't the stone cold MIL I orginally thought she was.

So, without knowing much about Cw's family, I'm not comfortable saying that his family is dysfunctional. CW may be an aberration like John Hinkley Jr who shot Reagan and Brady.

I firmly believe that CW's family is obeying what his defense lawyers have told them to do --- don't talk to the press. It doesn't mean that they are black-hearted and aren't in mourning. Maybe they don't believe CW's story but they are trying to do everything to keep him from being executed. They probably don't now everything about the case yet either.

CW had some of the biggest stressors is life --- financial stress, dealing w/ illness of his wife and 2 daughters, a new baby coming, financial stress, the stress of lying about affairs+ hookups and marital strife.

It's not an excuse to slaughter his family but it is part of the story of what happened
and trying to find out why it happened.

Yes, I still think CW killed them all.

imo

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't live where you live, but I do not read tabloids and know which news sites have a good reputation.
*sigh* Which is why I'm asking you what you news sites you read.
You must think I'm being snarky? I'm genuinely asking so I can reference those sources as well; however, if you don't wish to share, that's ok.

As far as I know, he’s been allowed visitors since the beginning. Hence, the motions in regards to the visitor logs. He’s been on close watch since he got there.

Are you saying that he’s no longer on suicide watch because he’s being allowed visitors, even though he’s been allowed visitors since he got there?
The recent article someone posted today said he was on close watch, which they said was the equivalent to suicide watch, but I don't know if it mentioned phone calls. I would imagine he would be supervised during the calls. Also I wonder if there is a time limitation. There must be. Jmo

I would even dare to say that Shannan loved her girls more than she loved CW, that could have been a problem.

I could see SW moving on and marrying again. just all my opinion of course.

My opinion is the same as yours - Shanann had been married before, she'd purchased her own home before, she was the independent, confident, outgoing one with, by all accounts, a supportive and loving family back home in NC. She would have had no issue moving on from a logistic point of view. I also think she loved CW very much and it would have no doubt been difficult for her. However, I have zero doubt that she had nothing to do with killing those kids.

CW, on the other hand, from what we've heard thus far, had little to no experience with girlfriends prior to Shanann; there is no information about him having been a homeowner in the past, he was the one who'd been reportedly distant from her and the kids as of late, he's the one who lied repeatedly, he's the one who confessed to murdering his pregnant wife and to disposing all of them, and yet his word (which seems to have been conveniently manufactured after he was arrested and thus given legal counsel) seems to carry great weight with so many. It's scary.

ETA - I just realized I used a double negative in my first paragraph and I definitely meant that I do not believe she had anything to do with killing her kids, in case it's confusing!

I feel like people may think that autopsies happen overnight, just like they might on CSI or Criminal Minds. That would certainly benefit the efficiency of our judicial system, but it's just not true! I've had cases where we've waited months and months on end...I used to work as a case manager for NCMEC, and there was SUCH a backlog for biometrics in the various labs. Some can test for some things while others can test for everything, etc. In a case of such magnitude, there will most certainly be every bit of attention given to every single possible detail. The prosecution only gets one shot. Further, because of Brady rules, it would be highly reckless for the DA to not turn over material they have in their possession, or worse, lie about even having it. The delay on the ME/pathologist's part cannot be logically connected to a dislike by the DA of something in the COD that they are now trying to "resolve" by waiting it out.

Amen.

I think some may be trying hard to make things fit a certain narrative. We all know how long it can take for autopsies to be done.

I'm not completely clear what you mean but if you mean the pathologist has what they need (not going to be too gruesome here) to complete all of the testing, yes. If you mean will they be exhumed for further testing? Possibly but highly unlikely since it's rare and would require detailed information about wasn't done appropriately the first time and how that could be corrected in order for the judge to approve it.
No I just meant the autopsies must be complete because they are buried.

My opinion is the same as yours - Shanann had been married before, she'd purchased her own home before, she was the independent, confident, outgoing one with, by all accounts, a supportive and loving family back home in NC. She would have had no issue moving on from a logistic point of view. I also think she loved CW very much and it would have no doubt been difficult for her. However, I have zero doubt that she had nothing to do with killing those kids.

CW, on the other hand, from what we've heard thus far, had little to no experience with girlfriends prior to Shanann; there is no information about him having been a homeowner in the past, he was the one who'd been reportedly distant from her and the kids as of late, he's the one who lied repeatedly, he's the one who confessed to murdering his pregnant wife and to disposing all of them, and yet his word (which seems to have been conveniently manufactured after he was arrested and thus given legal counsel) seems to carry great weight with so many. It's scary.

ETA - I just realized I used a double negative in my first paragraph and I definitely meant that I do not believe she had anything to do with killing her kids, in case it's confusing!
Not confusing at all. I would just add that he was the one who was having an affair with a co-worker.
MOO

Bluff said:
@gitana1 ~ Further to last night's discussion regarding whether CW is permitted visitors at the Weld County Jail or not, I can confirm that CW is permitted to receive visitors which collaborates my original post from last night.

To confirm this fact, call (970) 356-4015 and enter Christopher Lee Watts name and the times and days of the week he is permitted visitors will be announced.

Therefore, it is my continued opinion that CW is not under suicide watch at this time and is allowed visitors (family, friends, lawyers etc) hence the defense team's request to keep CW jail visitors logs secret despite it being denied by the judge.

@Mrspratcher all I can confirm is that if you contact the above number indicated and enter CW full name it will tell you the days and times he is allowed visitors.
I personally would believe what the Weld County Jail automated telephone system is stating versus a news article as I am certain that the jail updates their computer system hourly and/or daily in real time specific to individual inmates status.

@Mrspratcher are you suggesting that the Weld County Jail automated voice system is incorrect?

I honestly don’t care if CW can get visitors.
Bluff said:
@gitana1 ~ Further to last night's discussion regarding whether CW is permitted visitors at the Weld County Jail or not, I can confirm that CW is permitted to receive visitors which collaborates my original post from last night.

To confirm this fact, call (970) 356-4015 and enter Christopher Lee Watts name and the times and days of the week he is permitted visitors will be announced.

Therefore, it is my continued opinion that CW is not under suicide watch at this time and is allowed visitors (family, friends, lawyers etc) hence the defense team's request to keep CW jail visitors logs secret despite it being denied by the judge.

@Mrspratcher all I can confirm is that if you contact the above number indicated and enter CW full name it will tell you the days and times he is allowed visitors.
I personally would believe what the Weld County Jail automated telephone system is stating versus a news article as I am certain that the jail updates their computer system hourly and/or daily in real time specific to individual inmates status.

@Mrspratcher are you suggesting that the Weld County Jail automated voice system is incorrect? As a verified attorney, would this system not be something you are familiar with and utilized?

How would I know whether it’s correct? And quite frankly, I don’t care.

I’m not a criminal defense attorney. I don’t call jails looking for criminals.

I'm curious if you are suggesting hypotheticals? Care to share with us? I'd like to know what you know.
**I know you were replying to Jennifer, but this comment needs to be expanded on IMOHO
I think I get it now. It means if you found out that she lied about several things, would you think she may have killed them. I think.

As far as I know, he’s been allowed visitors since the beginning. Hence, the motions in regards to the visitor logs. He’s been on close watch since he got there.

Are you saying that he’s no longer on suicide watch because he’s being allowed visitors, even though he’s been allowed visitors since he got there?
Do you have links to support that CW has been allowed visitors since he was incarcerated?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still waiting for anyone who has something good to say about CW ?

Not sure he can be credited with coming clean and confessing to his crimes - more that he admitted to what LE presented to him. He knew at that point that the jig was up and tried to save his own skin going forward.

To be fair, many have said he seemed devoted to his wife and kids. Lived for the kids.

But they also said the couple seemed to have a story book marriage. Joked with one another. Were physically affectionate.
Very recently so.

I note that one high school teacher said he was very smart. A roommate said he was very diligent and worked hard.

Everyone who spoke publicly about him who knew him before he got married classified him as what I would describe as an introvert. Somewhat of a loner. Not into the ladies.

Everyone who spoke publicly about him who knew him after marriage appeared to know him through couple's friendships with Shanann.

Besides being a devoted father and husband (the latter which we know now to be false), there doesn't seem to be the depth of information about his personality as there is about Shanann's.

It seems one dimensional.

That fits with annihilator cases.

No I just meant the autopsies must be complete because they are buried.
My child had an autopsy the afternoon she died and was buried two days later and it took 3 months for the autopsy report to come in.
They take samples and test them.
The delay is not in the autopsy, it is the autopsy report that is delayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1