Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if Shanann killed the girls, wouldn't Chris be super, super sad about this tremendous loss? Watching Shanann's dad at the court appearance showed a devastated father in grief. The day after his wife supposedly killed his darling daughters and disposing of their bodies in oil, Chris was well groomed and chatting happily about his favorite college sports team.
If he loved his children he would not be able to contain his grief.
MOO

All part of trying to get away with killing his wife/unborn son.
jmo
Not showing any signs of devastation or remorse was to get away with killing his wife? How could a loving father hide his devastation? And why was getting away with killing someone more important that saving the life of the children whom he said were his whole life? How does his behavior comport with a loving father who just had his entire family ripped away?

I think that he may have intended to bury all three of them, but did not know how hard it would be to dig the Colorado ground and he ran out of time so after Shanann was buried, he made a hasty decision to drop the girls in the tanks. I think he may even have planned on coming back later to try and retrieve the girls' bodies and bury them when he had more time, but I'm not as sure about that part because I do not know whether the girls would have sank in the oil, floated, etc. He would have, though.
I think he put them in there to disguise the smell. And the covenience of having some control over it, since he worked there. Jmo

To me it seems like it's not just the idea that SW killed her children, but it seems (IMO) that there's also a "defense" of CW. It seems there is sympathy for him. Even if SW did kill her children, which I don't believe for one second, why should we feel sorry for CW? He is also a murderer and a cheater and a liar. It would make both of them horrible murderers not just SW.
That's exactly what it is.
MOO

I don’t believe I have heard anything about abuse but SW had stated on her video
SW stated she lost everything. Had to start over. Her divorce was in NC. That is a 50/50 property division state so I don’t understand how she lost everything. But. NC has a very unique law involving adultry. The injured spouse can not only file a civil suit I believe but it may be considered in property division if adulterer used marital money towards affair purposes.

She lost everything and had to start over. To me, that says she could do it a second time if she had to. Having already been in that situation once, and going on to find love and happiness (well, you know, until she was murdered) says to me that she is a strong woman who could probably face that challenge again.

Not showing any signs of devastation or remorse was to get away with killing his wife? How could a loving father hide his devastation? And why was getting away with killing someone more important that saving the life of the children whom he said were his whole life? How does his behavior comport with a loving father who just had his entire family ripped away?
No parent is going to load up the bodies of his family, dump his babies in oil tanks and put his pregnant wife in a dirt field if he's innocent. It's sheer nonsense.
MOO

SW told her friend that CW had been distant, not affectionate with them recently.
She suspected an affair. Maybe he was just preoccupied with planning how to get rid of them all that time.
Would it not be a reasonable assumption that he was distant and preoccupied because he was having an affair, rather than plotting his families demise?

All part of trying to get away with killing his wife/unborn son.
jmo
Did he have to dump them in crude oil to save himself from being caught for killing his wife? Why? Could a loving father do that? Why somewhere that would likely obliterate exculpatory evidence that could prove his proclaimed innocence? By feloniously covering it all up, he also was freely allowing for the fact that someone else might be accused of these crimes. I guess he would be fine with that as long as his butt was covered.

He was having at least one affair and it is rumoured that he had had others.

Was that known prior to this?

No, and he denied the one that he was actively involved in? I don't quite understand what you are asking.

The quotes were in regards to signs prior to this and I asked if his affair or suspected affairs were known prior to this. If his affair/s weren't known it couldn't have been a sign for someone to pick up on.
jmo

To me it seems like it's not just the idea that SW killed her children, but it seems (IMO) that there's also a "defense" of CW. It seems there is sympathy for him. Even if SW did kill her children, which I don't believe for one second, why should we feel sorry for CW? He is also a murderer and a cheater and a liar. It would make both of them horrible murderers not just SW.
YES, and what an amazing coincidence he wants us all to believe! TWO people going crazy under the cover of darkness, both in silent rage!

SW told her friend that CW had been distant, not affectionate with them recently.
She suspected an affair. Maybe he was just preoccupied with planning how to get rid of them all that time.
It would also make sense if he was distancing himself from his wife and family, that he was mentally preparing himself or that he had decided in his mind that he was finished with them. I think that's the biggest clue we have as to his behavior leading up to the crime. Jmo

Alimony has zero to do with children or child care. I

f Shanann was making as much money as everyone seems to think she was, then her and CW were pretty even on their individual incomes and he may not have to pay much child support, if any at all - and her job allowed her to be home with the children on a regular basis, negating the need for childcare costs other than her trips out of town. Now, if the girls were to continue going to private school, he would be responsible for paying a portion of that.

Child support usually aims to keep finances pretty even between the households, so that one parent isn't the "Disneyland" parent while the other scrapes to get by. There is usually no set amount or percentage applied to every family; there is a very detailed worksheet completed that includes both parties' income, ability to spend time with the children whether it be during the day or evening/overnights, etc.

He would be on the hook for at least half of their health insurance, which probably came from his job benefits.And for the medial costs not covered fully by Ins.

He would be expected to pay for education/day care costs. And she did work from home some of the time, but not always. So there would be some day care needed.

He made more money than she did, so I expect he would be responsible for more of the costs as well.

On top of that, he would be expected to take them many weekends. Did he want that? I am not convinced that he did. I think he really liked those 5 weeks of bachelorhood.

The quotes were in regards to signs prior to this and I asked if his affair or suspected affairs were known prior to this. If his affair/s weren't known it couldn't have been a sign for someone to pick up on.
jmo
We can look at things with hindsight though. Because he was not caught does not mean that they did not happen and were part of disturbed behaviour.
And there were reports of him being distant with SW and the children.

Nah, that's the whole "schtick" of MLM and Thrive....that mother's can stay home and work and make great money without having to change the routines of them and their children or "waste" money putting them in daycare like you would with a regular 9-5 type of job.
I fully understand the schtick, but the reality is whenever you are taking care of toddlers and babies, it takes time away from the ability to earn money. Period. It is work and takes attention/time/incredible energy.

Did he have to dump them in crude oil to save himself from being caught for killing his wife? Why? Could a loving father do that? Why somewhere that would likely obliterate exculpatory evidence that could prove his proclaimed innocence? By feloniously covering it all up, he also was freely allowing for the fact that someone else might be accused of these crimes. I guess he would be fine with that as long as his butt was covered.
Except it has not been ascertained yet whether he wrapped the girls up before placing them in the oil tanks, so maybe he wasn't trying to obliterate exculpatory evidence as you suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman