Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The affidavit reads:

From my understanding of that, 8/14 would have been that Tuesday, and the press release would have had the media showing up to potentially report on this that same day. Unless I'm reading that wrong, I'd guess the media interviews were done on Tuesday, the day after NUA and LE showed up.

JMO.
This is correct. The interviews were given on Tuesday.

It's so hard for me to believe CW's story of what happened that horrible night. Especially in light of his attempts to cover up what he had done. And the lies !

What kind of person is capable of not only going to work the same morning he murdered his family, but even after putting their dead bodies in the truck, driving to the site, and disposing of them, he was also capable of taking himself to work, being interviewed 3 times by tv stations and speaking with LE. Did he speak with family, too? Lies lies and more lies.

Who can trust or believe anything he says after all the lies? Why would he cover up what he says Shannan did? Seems he would be all up into showing & telling LE & his family what Shannan did.
He would cuddle and hold those little bodies. He would grieve. Not drive to a job site and dump them like embarrassing trash. Who does these things to people they Love? Little babies?

And why would his defense team want to keep his visitors private?

CWs heart and soul is entirely void. Black and empty. The air he breathes was stolen from those who loved and needed him. They depended on and trusted him. How could He?
I think you may find some answers to your last question if you do some research about family annihilators or what some people have posted about it. In my opinion he must have some type of Narcissistic Personality or Antisocial P Disorder that enables him to feel no empathy or shame, and maybe even justify his behavior. I just don't see him as being a regular guy who just "snapped" jmo

I think you may find some answers to your last question if you do some research about family annihilators or what some people have posted about it. In my opinion he must have some type of Narcissistic Personality or Antisocial P Disorder that enables him to feel no empathy or shame, and maybe even justify his behavior. I just don't see him as being a regular guy who just "snapped" jmo
It’s possible that he “snapped,” but he likely had a psychological makeup that allowed him to take the actions that he took.

People “snap” all the time, and kill their spouse or significant other. What they do not do, is proceed to kill their kids and commit a coverup.

Firestone, Longmont and Dacona police depts? I'm not familiar with those locations I'll have to go look it up on Google Map. I wonder if those departments also have online lookups for police calls to look back on? Or were they just investigative units?
We stopped at a store in Longmont on our way from DIA to Berthoud on 08/04/18, so I know of that town for sure.

BBM
Ok, I also have the Vivint alarm system.
Sorry it took so long to reply. After seeing your post, I went to look at my Vivint app, to see how long info is there. :)
It looks like, on the phone app anyway, it stores about 1-1/2 months.
Mine was August 12 to today.
We have Wyoming wind, so it goes off constantly, lol.
If someone rings the doorbell, it will say that.
If someone is walking outside, but doesn't ring doorbell, it says 'visitor detected'. (It ALWAYS detects the wind) :p
I just opened the interior garage door, propped it open for about 2 minutes.
My app shows the time opened, then the time closed. :)
View attachment 148690 View attachment 148691
Interesting. Just out of curiosity, were you aware that the data was stored or could be retrieved, or had you ever thought of that before? I'm not familiar with all this technology so I'm just wondering if its something people would generally be aware of.

It doesn’t make sense, then again, a lot of his actions don’t seem well thought out/executed.

When you have a coverup to commit, time is not your friend. This means that he had to rush, and rushing gives way to sloppiness.

Perhaps he never gave the security system a second thought, because he didn’t have time to.
I think he had a plan, just got thrown off with flight delay and SW friend. It’s the little things that are hard to anticipate. And when it’s a first time plans don’t always work in reality as they might in your head. When my house flooded first time neighbors and I all thought putting towels under doors would stop it, dumb, but we didn’t know.

I think maybe initially he was trying to act like they’d just had an argument (that he didn’t want to get into) and she’d taken off with his kids. IMO the folded arms, rocking back and forth, no tears, etc, could make him come across as more angry than devastated, although we know now that it was probably because he was terrified that he’d slip up with the whole world watching. I am confused though about the order and times of the three interviews. Were they all from the day after his family had disappeared?
Yes, they are all from the next day he murdered them.

In the interviews, I heard him say a couple of times - Nothing was here, everybody was gone....

But in reality, everything was there and everybody was gone.

I believe 'Nothing was here, everybody was gone' was the line he was going to use after getting rid of some of Shanann and girls' belongings and report them as missing as a concerned husband and father.

Well, NAU showed up just in time thankfully and we all know what happened afterwards...

It’s possible that he “snapped,” but he likely had a psychological makeup that allowed him to take the actions that he took.

People “snap” all the time, and kill their spouse or significant other. What they do not do, is proceed to kill their kids and commit a coverup.
Right, and it's really difficult to determine since he was described as being an introvert, quiet, etc. It may make sense that he went into a sudden rage, but it's the cover up and all his actions afterwards that point to a different kind of personality. Jmo

Interesting. Just out of curiosity, were you aware that the data was stored or could be retrieved, or had you ever thought of that before? I'm not familiar with all this technology so I'm just wondering if its something people would generally be aware of.
He might have thought he could erase it later when he had time to set the scene (which was thwarted) or that it would not matter that much if the bodies were never found and he had set the scene to look like they drove off and went missing from elsewhere. Then, it could be explained away as saying he didn't know - he was sleeping - she must have been packing up her car. Another scenario is it might not have mattered if he simply did not open the door to the garage until just before he was leaving that morning to "pack up his tools" and go to work. IMO.

Yes, they went over all that when they set up our phones.
I look when the app dings, at the recent stuff.
I completely forgot though, lol, until your earlier post, that they did mention something about scrolling down the list.
Then I went to my app and scrolled as far as it would go... August 12.

Right, and it's really difficult to determine since he was described as being an introvert, quiet, etc. It may make sense that he went into a sudden rage, but it's the cover up and all his actions afterwards that point to a different kind of personality. Jmo
Yup. I think an issue some people are having here, is that he exhibited no overt warning signs prior to committing this crime.

If this guy was volatile, and had prior police contact, then I think they would be convinced of his culpability.

They can’t see how a mild mannered guy could have done something like this.

Prior “family annihilator” cases, show that this isn’t unusual, it is in fact entirely normal.

Your post got me thinking about it in another perspective.

We know per the affidavit that CW himself claimed he went into a rage which led to him strangling his wife, and we also know CW is a liar. How likely would it be, based on whatever they find out about his personality, that someone of his profile (whatever that ends up being) would even be capable of going into a rage? I’d think someone prone to rage would have associated traits, or have exhibited those traits over a period of time. If CW is determined to have zero history of rage-like behaviors, it might further support the theory that he didn’t kill her in a rage, and that it was a lie. And that rather, he killed her in a calm, calculated, and cold way. Just thinking out loud. JMO.

Yup. I think an issue some people are having here, is that he exhibited no overt warning signs prior to committing this crime.

If this guy was volatile, and had prior police contact, then I think they would be convinced of his culpability.

They can’t see how a mild mannered guy could have done something like this.

Prior “family annihilator” cases, show that this isn’t unusual, it is in fact entirely normal.
Yes, those are the cases where everyone is shocked and people say, we never saw any signs, he was such a loving father, always polite , a very nice guy, etc.

Your post got me thinking about it in another perspective.

We know per the affidavit that CW himself claimed he went into a rage which led to him strangling his wife, and we also know CW is a liar. How likely would it be, based on whatever they find out about his personality, that someone of his profile (whatever that ends up being) would even be capable of going into a rage? I’d think someone prone to rage would have associated traits, or have exhibited those traits over a period of time. If CW is determined to have zero history of rage-like behaviors, it might further support the theory that he didn’t kill her in a rage, and that it was a lie. And that rather, he killed her in a calm, calculated, and cold way. Just thinking out loud. JMO.
I think that the evidence is far more likely to indicate premeditation, than a psychological profile will.

There’s going to be lots of competing takes by experts in this sort of thing.

Even the most meek person, can explode in anger if the circumstances are right.

He might have thought he could erase it later when he had time to set the scene (which was thwarted) or that it would not matter that much if the bodies were never found and he had set the scene to look like they drove off and went missing from elsewhere. Then, it could be explained away as saying he didn't know - he was sleeping - she must have been packing up her car. Another scenario is it might not have mattered if he simply did not open the door to the garage until just before he was leaving that morning to "pack up his tools" and go to work. IMO.
Yes, I think he was counting on there being plenty of time to cover up everything later. Jmo

It sounds so amazingly convenient to me that on that Monday, 8/13/18, the one door in the house that could have been opened by LE to ensure the safety of his family, that one "outside garage door key pad" door that:
1) didn't have one of those safety sticks like the rear slider likely had
2) likely didn't have a latch (i'm assuming) like the one the front door had
3) didn't have the ability to have a garage door opener open it
4) but did have a keypad

"didn't work" per CW per the afffidavit.

AB's team, if you're watching, can you share a photo on your show of the outside garage door key pad next time? :cool:

JMO.

Oooh, forgot to add to my last post.
If I am away, let's say the store, someone comes to my house and rings the doorbell. I can unlock the door from my phone and let them in the house (to wait for me inside til I get home)

The friend was aware of some things to request a welfare check on one appointment being missed even though the appointment was a significant one.
Yes..... there is something about NUA showing up by noonish of the next day! Something SW indicated/feared..... or just a good friends intuition? I'm staying tuned for her testimony (if she does take the stand)!

I am leaning towards CW thinking about this for a while - maybe not seriously - but just few passing thoughts. Something happened during his 5 weeks of freedom . SW is out of town and no telling what kind of weekend CW had as a single parent. I am thinking his ideas of freedom were consuming his thoughts. He killed the kids and then killed SW. Of course he ran out of time , panicked and life continued on. Of course acting like SW took off with the kids is crazy unless she has done that previously. People would more than likely view his actions in a different perspective if he had called 911 and not dumped the babies in oil tanks, bury SW and then went to work. Insane.

It sounds so amazingly convenient to me that on that Monday, 8/13/18, the one door in the house that could have been opened by LE to ensure the safety of his family, that one "outside garage door key pad" door that:
1) didn't have one of those safety sticks like the rear slider likely had
2) likely didn't have a latch (i'm assuming) like the one the front door had
3) didn't have the ability to have a garage door opener open it
4) but did have a keypad

"didn't work" per CW per the afffidavit.

AB's team, if you're watching, can you share a photo on your show of the outside garage door key pad next time? :cool:

JMO.
It is shown in this video:
Screenshot 2018-09-26 13.55.01.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads