Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, and again I am not a garage door or home security expert, but the white device seen in this image of the garage door (thanks @PommyMommy !) from AB last night seems to look similar to another product offered by Vivint called a “Tilt Sensor” which according to the product support page, can be used to "remotely monitor garages, hatches, roll-up doors, or any other tilting surfaces."
ashleigh-banfield-092518-garage-doors.png

It would make sense if they needed a sensor there to know when the garage door was open or closed. Again, not an expert, just my opinion only.

I wonder if there could have been another “outdoor garage key pad" in a separate location, such as a garage side door.

JMO.

CW not a monster!! Give me a break. Anyone that dumps two toddlers into oil tanks is a monster - no doubt about it. I personally do not care if he is depressed. He is alive and the others are deceased by his hand.

I think that the evidence is far more likely to indicate premeditation, than a psychological profile will.

There’s going to be lots of competing takes by experts in this sort of thing.

Even the most meek person, can explode in anger if the circumstances are right.
In Jodi Arias' trial, the State's psychologist diagnosed her with BPD to explain her past and present behaviors and linked the diagnosis to the crime, at least partly. The prosecutor was able to bring in a lot more evidence than otherwise inadmissible due to prejudice, in order for the psychologist to describe JA's actions.

I hope something like that is done in this case because I really would like to know the 'whys', so I can better understand how he was able to do what he did.

Thank you! That's definitely helpful. If I'm not mistaken, isn't there also a side door that one can enter into the garage? Or would those (the actual garage doors) have been the only other outside doors that would allow entry into the garage?

JMO.
You're welcome. I'm not sure whether we've been able to determine whether there is a side door (from the outside) into the garage. The floor plan shows it, but it may be an option (such as fireplace, deck, etc.) and I don't think we've seen a view of that side of the house that would tell us for sure.
MOO

O/T Having problems with site - can't like posts, getting booted off, etc. :eek:

Wow, there must be a lot of cleaning up to do. By the way, what does it mean that there are robots on the site? I'm not very internet/ computer savy. But every once in a while these random posts come up that seem like they are posted by a robot. Just because when you ask a question there is not a direct answer. I know I'm showing my lack of tech. Knowledge by this question but what the heck are the robots on this site?!

Pretty sure the robots are site readers for things like Google, Bing, Way Back, etc. Or we are about to have a real life Terminator situation. I'm not that tech savvy. lol

It doesn’t make sense, then again, a lot of his actions don’t seem well thought out/executed.

When you have a coverup to commit, time is not your friend. This means that he had to rush, and rushing gives way to sloppiness.

Perhaps he never gave the security system a second thought, because he didn’t have time to.

This supports the theory it was not premeditated IMO.

This supports the theory it was not premeditated IMO.
It’s tough to say. The flight delay throws a wrench in the determination. If she gets home on time, then this crime looks very different in terms of “sloppiness.”

I don’t see enough information to make decision as to if this was premeditated or not.

I’ve personally though that he’d “gamed this out” to a degree, but initially acted out of anger on the night in question.

I could go either way here, still.

It’s tough to say. The flight delay throws a wrench in the determination. If she gets home on time, then this crime looks very different in terms of “sloppiness.”

I don’t see enough information to make decision as to if this wasn’t premeditated or not.

I’ve personally though that he’d “gamed this out” to a degree, but initially acted out of anger on the night in question.

I believe that one of them could have been killed in rage but the little girls were premeditated, even if just for a short while. IMO

I don’t see enough information to make decision as to if this was premeditated or not.

But the flight delay was only a few hours... still leaves him at least 3 hours from when she got home until he left for work.
I don't see him killing her just after getting home and just sitting around 'thinking' for 3 hours.

But the flight delay was only a few hours... still leaves him at least 3 hours from when she got home until he left for work.
I don't see him killing her just after getting home and just sitting around 'thinking' for 3 hours.
That’s actually a very good point. If this was completely premeditated, she’s dead minutes after walking in that door.

Factoring in cleanup and preparing the bodies for transportation, he’d still have time left over. He most likely wouldn’t be “sitting around thinking” for an extended period of time.

This isn’t enough to pull me off the fence, but it does “move the needle” slightly.

and @dixiegirl1035 , the population growth is crazy. I used to be Colo Spgs, then Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. So much building all these merged together. There are not clear boundries between cities anymore. The different city's police all responding are pretty close geographically (Dacono maybe a mile east of the house ((he drove through there on way to & from work)), Longmont city limit is a mile or two west of the house, and Firestone is practically Frederick just on the other side of the interstate). In fact, those in the area of that neighborhood and surrounding have had their address as Frederick Colorado, then changed to Erie Colorado, then back to Frederick Colorado over the years (if you notice one of the neighbors that said something, I think it was the lady that got up early to go to the gym, stated her address as Erie though she is their neighbor, so that gives you an idea of how close the cities are.

I noticed their zip code is the same as Erie. Erie is both Boulder County and Weld County, as is Longmont. The racetrack used to be Erie but the last time I was out there I noticed it’s now Dacono although it hasn’t moved. Dacono has been there a while. Frederick and Firestone are relatively new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces