Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonjoviblonde, he looks normal, well groomed, nice looking . Does not look like a murderer. I think some people thinks he is okay because he looks nice.

Sad to think it could be such a shallow reason but I think you're right and tend to think if he looked like Charles Manson no one would believe a word he said.

I don’t have a problem with Banfield but rarely do the talking head guests have any inside information nor is the purpose of the program to inform the public of facts.

In this example of a guest who’s a professor of petroleum engineering at Louisiana State University, clearly he’s not directly involved in this case. While well production records are indeed published, the oil company operates more than one well so variables including how it manages its oil storage or whether it buys oil from smaller producers, other than speculation we haven’t yet been given any factual information to determine when the tanks were last empty.

I was under the impression that Cervi319 (if that's the correct ID) only had the one well on it? So he might well be correct that the only oil going into those tanks is the oil that's pumped on that ... er bit of land ... and so the 200 barrels a month should be correct if that's what is stated as coming from that well?

We know per the affidavit that LE discovered SW's phone had been found stuffed between some couch cushions. AFAIK, we don't know yet if it was placed there by SW, or hidden by CW.

I wonder if anything other items in the house were found stuffed somewhere in an unusual location.

Or what items (in addition to the sheet + pillow cases) that LE may have found stuffed in the kitchen or outdoor trash bin later on in the investigation (lupus bracelet, wedding ring; or who knows what else that might have been "haunting" to CW during what would be his final overnight in the home). JMO.

Last edited:
It was reported a while back that the company made the decision to discard that oil after the girls' bodies were retrieved. The guest on AB estimated 700 barrels of oil was in those tanks? I haven't been keeping up with the price of crude lately, but that would cost them in the region of $35,000?

I would say that's another good reason to fire him.

And I wouldn't blame any company for firing an employee who hid the bodies of their family on company property!
I wonder if the company could re-coup some of that loss from money people are sending him in jail/prison. Of course I’m just assuming some people are sending him money.

It appears some would think this man is being ridiculous but I really don't understand why. I'm trying to.
Well if it helps, all of the expert criminologists, forensic psychiatrists, and investigators with years and years of experience agree with you. I haven't heard one yet that he's been able to fool. :)
MOO

The tanks....why did he put the babies in separate tanks? Was he increasing his odds of them never being found? :(
I’d argue that he was actually increasing the odds of them being found. If you find one, you will find both.

I think it was some sort of logistical thing, maybe something to do with the oil levels.

People express emotions in different ways.

You can be angry and vocally raging, angry and quietly seething, angry and hysterically crying.

But, you're still feeling anger.

This man showed no signs of grief where EVERYONE with the capability to, would. They may not show it in the same way, but it would still be there.

I would say self preservation would be the only thing that could trump grief

I was just trying to think whether, after watching someone else kill your children, the grief and pain of losing them would trump the feeling of fear about going to prison for the rest of your life for murdering their murderer.

I'm thinking that for most people the prison time wouldn't even register compared to the grief and that they wouldn't want to further desecrate their children's bodies by ... doing what CW did.

Maybe they will argue in court that the prosecution can't show those media interviews because it would be too prejudicial on the grounds that he was clearly too busy lying to show any sign of profound grief, as any reasonable killer trying to push everyone to look elsewhere would do.

The media interviews will come in. They are relevant, non-hearsay, and they are not prejudicial.

I was just trying to think whether, after watching someone else kill your children, the grief and pain of losing them would trump the feeling of fear about going to prison for the rest of your life for murdering their murderer.

I'm thinking that for most people the prison time wouldn't even register compared to the grief and that they wouldn't want to further desecrate their children's bodies by ... doing what CW did.

I agree, it only fits if he killed them all and cared more about himself

Wow, those are all great points, esp about NUA listening to her instincts. I’ve wondered how she knew to go over there so soon after SW went missing. I’m sure this has been discussed before but is she one of SW’s friends who knew she was concerned about a possible affair? Did she go to SW’s house because SW wasn’t feeling well during the trip and she wasn’t answering her text messages? Did I read somewhere that NUA was supposed to be meeting SW at her doctor’s appointment? If not, I wonder if she called the doctor’s office from SW’s front porch to see if she’d been to her appointment that morning. She was such a good friend.

I agree Loreleii, NUA is a wonderful friend.
She is probably very distressed, thinking about 'what if' etc.
I thought if something happened to one of us, do we have a friend like NUA.
Some live alone, are loners, would they perhaps not have this wonderful advantage - a great friend who followed her instincts, and helped solve this case.
I hope there is some award of recognition for NUA's involvement here, even if only from a group of SW's family, friends, acquaintances.
It would be superb, if later on, LE make an official statement complementing NUA.:):):)
She certainly deserves this.
If she is struggling financially, a fund would be ideal.

Was CW the jealous type? I'm probably reaching here, but maybe he didn't think Niko was his? SW conceived (est. 4/30) right around the time she was in New Orleans (est. 4/27). CW didn't go on that trip.

Maybe they will argue in court that the prosecution can't show those media interviews because it would be too prejudicial on the grounds that he was clearly too busy lying to show any sign of profound grief, as any reasonable killer trying to push everyone to look elsewhere would do.

Ha! Nope. They're coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member