Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does to me... couldn't get up and in the tanks.

Yes but then why not put them all together somewhere else along the way to work? In some ditch?

I mean if he meant to put the girls in the tanks to conceal them then are you thinking maybe he planned to put his wife in there as well but couldn't lift her?

Just to clarify I think that was a blow up of a portion of a photo. The Watts family was in the background. I believe her family was in the foreground but cut out. In other words it was happenstance.

Agreed. If I went through old photos of past vacations, I can assure you I naturally could have caught other unsuspecting people in the background of my images.

MSM likely took her photo but cropped the part with SW and fam in the background, so I could see how others might have mistook that as being the original photo. MOO

I am absolutely not trying to show favor to CW in anyway. If someone who is a VI here claims something though, it’s not like I’m taking a rumor out of context from Facebook-again-I don’t know or not as I’m new. But I do think that if someone who has been known to have known them well says something, what they’ve said has meeit (to me) even if it may seem to others that it’s prejudiced against the victim, although there may be potential bias.

I think that's the point, we each get to evaluate what all other posters say.

OK thanks for answering. I guess I've always got my radar out for the idea that somehow SW freaked out and killed her children because CW wanted a separation. Which was brought over here from FB so many times.

No, not that you said that. Anyway, IMO, so far the only place I've seen that CW claimed he wanted a separation was on the affidavit, when she could not longer talk.

And, as long as respectful, we get to evaluate the posts of all ppl here, even the VIs.

I don’t think she freaked out at all. That was never my angle. Had she known there was trouble beforehand lends more credibility to the unlikelihood of her suddenly becoming unhinged at 2am to me. Not the best time for a pregnant woman who has had a very busy weekend traveling all weekend to suddenly come home, and go on an irrational killing spree over something she’s known about—in speculation. IMO

Yes but then why not put them all together somewhere else along the way to work? In some ditch?

I mean if he meant to put the girls in the tanks to conceal them then are you thinking maybe he planned to put his wife in there as well but couldn't lift her?
Another thing.

Your wife kills the kids. But she’s the only one that got a burial by him?

So he obviously dumped them first and realized that the wife wouldn't fit.

So how much did he love his girls?

CW is guilty and Sw is innocent.

I don’t think she freaked out at all. That was never my angle. Had she known there was trouble beforehand lends more credibility to the unlikelihood of her suddenly becoming unhinged at 2am to me. Not the best time for a pregnant woman who has had a very busy weekend traveling all weekend to suddenly come home, and go on an irrational killing spree over something she’s known about—in speculation. IMO
I apologize this is redundant (posted before you were here), but I need to post again. Unless one has experienced severe fatigue (that word is not dirty enough to explain how it ruins some lives), you would never believe what it does to one. I am convinced that with her SLE fatigue by itself, then pile on a long weekend, hours and hours traveling, and being pregnant she was barely standing upright. Could have been blown over like a feather.

MEO, but unfortunately too many here actually do know what fatigue will do. Thank you for letting my jump off your post, agreed I don't think she could have freaked out even if she wanted to. :)

What do you mean "he had no choice"?
Was there another person we don't know about holding a gun to his head?
What irresistible force made him take the body of one of his little girls out of the truck, climb a 25 foot oil tank and force the child's body into an 8 inch opening?
Then that same person with a gun or irresistible force gave him "no choice" but to climb down, get the other girl, climb up the second tank and force his other daughter's body into the 8 inch hatch?
He had lots of choices.
He could have chosen to put them all together or better yet, not to hide them at all.
He could have chosen to stop part way through the 4o minute drive with the bodies in the truck and realized what he was doing was wrong and taken them to a hospital or police station.
He could have left them all in the house and chosen to drive himself to Mexico, fleeing like the coward he is.
Or, last of all, and I really wish he has chosen this-- he could have chosen NOT to murder his family. He had about 4 minutes during which he strangled the first victim where he could have realized what he was doing and stopped. He could have still saved that life. He could have walked away and gotten a divorce. At no point in time did he have "no choice".
He made ALL the choices.
MOO.
(Sorry for the rant.)

Bravo!!

I agree. I don't understand the insistence regarding people's emotions. There may be reactions and presentation which are more typical, but this whole "no, people only feel this emotion in these situations" seems rather ridiculous to me.
Juries consider the behavior and emotion of witnesses and videos every day. They ask themselves if it comports with the statements being made and/or accusations against them. Having no display of any devastation is extremely compelling evidence, IMO.

Last edited:
So he loaded 3 bodies in his truck.

What was his plan?
(I'm assuming he knew Shanann would not fit in the oil tank. He had to know. His job title is Operator and it seems his duty included going to many different oil sites, therefore, he had the privilege to use the company truck.)

1. Bury them all.
2. Force the little ones into oil tanks, bury Shanann

I would think that either method should take about the same time. He just had to dig a little deeper if #1 was to be used. I think he, from the get go, before he decided to kill them, planned #2 method which is especially cruel and vicious. This is MOO for now.

Not necessarily scared for anybody in particular. Scared and stressed from the events in general. I would imagine the reality of the recent events had to be horrific. jmo
I think it more likely he was afraid to get caught. He knew darn well they suspected him, and his story had been blown out of the water. That would be a good reason to be scared and stressed. Jmo

It was reported a while back that the company made the decision to discard that oil after the girls' bodies were retrieved. The guest on AB estimated 700 barrels of oil was in those tanks? I haven't been keeping up with the price of crude lately, but that would cost them in the region of $35,000?

I would say that's another good reason to fire him.

And I wouldn't blame any company for firing an employee who hid the bodies of their family on company property!

I didn't want to bring it up because it obviously pales in comparison to the gruesome murder of his wife and two little children. But yes, using company property outside of the scope of his employment is enough for him to be fired for cause. People get fired for pocketing office supplies. Intentionally contaminating oil storage tanks would be enough to get any employee fired regardless of other charges. I was surprised early on to see some questions of how he was fired so quickly. I'm sure the company Code of Conduct includes multiple clauses about the use of company property only for company-authorized purposes.

So he loaded 3 bodies in his truck.

What was his plan?
(I'm assuming he knew Shanann would not fit in the oil tank. He had to know. His job title is Operator and it seems his duty included going to many different oil sites, therefore, he had the privilege to use the company truck.)

1. Bury them all.
2. Force the little ones into oil tanks, bury Shanann

I would think that either method should take about the same time. He just had to dig a little deeper if #1 was to be used. I think he, from the get go, before he decided to kill them, planned #2 method which is especially cruel and vicious. This is MOO for now.
I agree and I believe he did it to destroy evidence that would prove his guilt.

Yes. It would make sense that he told the AP he was already separated from his wife. After all he could have wined and dined her for 5 weeks, had her over for the night, etc. She might very well be as shocked as everyone else.
I truly think she was. I think the fact that we haven't heard a thing from her indicates that she was totally in the dark and probably wants to put the whole thing behind her. Jmo

I didn't want to bring it up because it obviously pales in comparison to the gruesome murder of his wife and two little children. But yes, using company property outside of the scope of his employment is enough for him to be fired for cause. People get fired for pocketing office supplies. Intentionally contaminating oil storage tanks would be enough to get any employee fired regardless of other charges. I was surprised early on to see some questions of how he was fired so quickly. I'm sure the company Code of Conduct includes multiple clauses about the use of company property only for company-authorized purposes.

It’s notoriously hard to get fired here in Australia, we have a lot of rights, but certainly burying your family would fall under general “serious misconduct” without needing to find a specific policy relating to misuse of company property or something like that.

Imagining now how his employer & co-workers felt when they heard, they must have been so shaken up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member