Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that in the affadavit CW told LE that the keypad to the garage was broken. As he was racing to get home. So they could not get in before he was there.

That said, there was no way in before he got there, everything was locked. The latch on front door was locked from the inside so there was no way into the house, even with a key, until he got there.

I'm thinking he used a car garage door opener to let LE in. I am very curious to know if that keypad will ultimately show to be broken.

Or if it's another one of his lies to buy time.

All imo and per affadavit.
With him, I just assume he is lying, until evidence proves otherwise.

It was my understanding that no one went into the house until CW returned with the garage door opener. He then opened the garage door and they went in that way. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I do not believe there is a door leading into the garage from the outside.

ETA: The broken keypad in my opinion was on the door leading into the house from inside the garage.

And most of it coming from other women. I don't get it.
I don't get it either but wonder if it's partly genetic. I've done a lot of canine rescue/rehabilitation/re-homing over the years. In general, two female dogs are more likely to not like each other off the bat than two male dogs. Or a male and female dog. And male dogs that get into fights usually shake it off and can hang together after an hour or two. Female dogs that get into bad fights can hold grudges for life. And they gang up. I had a female foster dog one of my females loathed--they got into a horrible fight and mine started it. Every time my female saw the foster after that she would try to attack her. I had to keep them in different rooms at all times from then on. My other female was "raised" by the first one and though she wasn't even around for the fight she started stalking the foster too. They reminded me of mean 8th grade girls.

It was my understanding that no one went into the house until CW returned with the garage door opener. He then opened the garage door and they went in that way. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I do not believe there is a door leading into the garage from the outside.

ETA: The broken keypad in my opinion was on the door leading into the house from inside the garage.

I guess I was just curious how NUA and LE got into the garage to access that keypad door leading into the house, if the garage door was closed. JMO.

ETA: And this is going along with the affidavit, which states that the officer called CW to ask him for the code. So that implies, IMO, that CW was not at the house with the garage door opener at that time. JMO.

@Colorado303
But how did NUA or her son look inside the garage w/ those little windows so high up?
Did her son stand on her car bumper?
Maybe so, maybe not.

Ultimately what matters. imo, is that NUA called the police and CW was caught in his web of murdering, adulterous, wife strangling, child dumping oil and shallow grave burying lies.

imo

I guess I was just curious how NUA and LE got into the garage to access that keypad door leading into the house, if the garage door was closed. JMO.
They didn't go in until CW arrived and let them into the garage. I guess he used a regular key to open the door leading into the house since the keypad was broken.

I feel so relieved that SW's family has Dieter safe and that they were able to remove the family heirlooms. It would have been so agonizing if they had to have a long court battle w/ CW to get those Dieter & the things.

Do you think CW granted permission for the things to be moved out or was it according to some CO law?

Regarding the garage door, I just remembered the keypad opens the overhead garage door. That's what CW said was broken. No doubt if they had been able to open the garage door they would have been able to get in through the interior garage door as I think they left that one unlocked. CW opened the garage with garage door opener when he got home.

Regarding the garage door, I just remembered the keypad opens the overhead garage door. That's what CW said was broken. No doubt if they had been able to open the garage door they would have been able to get in through the interior garage door as I think they left that one unlocked.
You may be right. At any rate, they could not enter the house until CW arrived. There was some reason he didn't want them to go in until he got there. It makes me wonder how closely they watched him once they walked inside. I wonder if he was going to try to hide something. Maybe that is how the phone ended up between couch cushions.

Regarding the garage door, I just remembered the keypad opens the overhead garage door. That's what CW said was broken. No doubt if they had been able to open the garage door they would have been able to get in through the interior garage door as I think they left that one unlocked.

Thanks for clearing that up -- I recall watching one of CW's interviews where he said the garage door was left unlocked, which confused me, but it makes sense now given that info.

Last edited:
You may be right. At any rate, they could not enter the house until CW arrived. There was some reason he didn't want them to go in until he got there. It makes me wonder how closely they watched him once they walked inside. I wonder if he was going to try to hide something. Maybe that is how the phone ended up between couch cushions.

Excellent point! I didn't even think of the possibility that CW could have stashed the phone at some point during the initial LE walkthrough. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties