Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. So from the defense's POV, why would SW kill her own daughters?
Her character & mindset as well as potential psychological issues are factors in answering this question.
JMO

And if the defense goes that route then I would hope they heard from people who actually knew her....friends, family, neighbors, doctors, coworkers, not from social media videos. They would have to put these people on the stand since they can't put her up there, seeing how she's dead and all.

I vote gitana1 becomes a prosecutor, goes to Colorado, and takes him down, lol! I'd love to see her in a courtroom in any scenario actually. Amazing.

Aww. That's super sweet!

But wait til' you see someone who truly knows what he's doing in a criminal court and as a prosecutor. This ain't my realm!

I watched that steely-eyed, immovable prosecutor. He is scary. CW should be terrified. He totally refused to take the bait when reporters kept trying to get him to say that this case is being handled differently due to the emotion and horror of two babies being murdered. He didn't flinch when he sat in the courtroom with Shanann's father sobbing behind him.

The man is laser-focused and resolved.

Watching him and hearing him speak and how he refused to take the bait - and remember, this is a political position so prosecutors are well aware of using emotionality to affect public perception. But he didn't- I feel in awe and exceedingly confident about what he's going to do.

Can't wait to see him and his team in action.

No misunderstanding on my part. I understood you completely.

I don’t think so. The motion filed by the prosecution was to seal the autopsy reports. The autopsy (done by a coroner) is cause of death, manner of death, and toxicology (to my knowledge).

Everything else is part of the investigative report and is sealed under HIPAA. That’s not what we’re discussing here. MOO

And if the defense goes that route then I would hope they heard from people who actually knew her....friends, family, neighbors, doctors, coworkers, not from social media videos. They would have to put these people on the stand since they can't put her up there, seeing how she's dead and all.
Agree.

Yeah? Do you think that the judge will allow ' She took her children to the doctors too often some people say' as part of CW's defence of his five murder charges and body tampering charges?
In my opinion the only thing that would be allowed in terms of SW' s having mental problems or that she was abusive would be documentation of Mental Health records that show this or that prove she was abusive, such as proof that Child Protective Services had an open case. Even a phone call to CPS would not be relevant, or a visit that would prove nothing. Jmo

I don’t think so. The motion filed by the prosecution was to seal the autopsy reports. The autopsy (done by a coroner) is cause of death, manner of death, and toxicology (to my knowledge).

Everything else is part of the investigative report and is sealed under HIPAA. That’s not what we’re discussing here. MOO
Are you saying that the prosecution and the defence would not get the whole autopsy report?

In my opinion the only thing that would be allowed in terms of SW' s having mental problems or that she was abusive would be documentation of Mental Health records that show this or that prove she was abusive, such as proof that Child Protective Services had an open case. Even a phone call to CPS would not be relevant, or a visit that would prove nothing. Jmo
Yes, especially not mental health problems thought up by people who think that she took her children to the doctors too often.

Do you have any inside knowledge to share? Or links to post that give credence this theory?

It appears some are looking forward to get the autopy/toxology report because they think SW and/or the children will have drugs in their system. Even if they did, how would that prove CW didn't drug them?

Oh they can also use social media videos, the vast majority of which show an incredibly loving and bonded mother. Just remember that people are cherry-picking a few videos among hundreds.

Yes and anyone who had witnessed abuse would certainly have contacted CPS about the situation. What kind of person would allow a child to be abused and not seek help? So I can't imagine any witness testimony to that extent without documentation would be allowed.

ETA: And even if it were allowed, who would take it seriously?

Last edited:
In your professional opinion, how would it taint a potential jury? It is my understanding that the autopsy is just cause/manner of death/toxicology. Forensic information is separate.
MOO

If you don’t have the cause and manner of death until trial, you can’t form an opinion until you are sitting as a juror.

It appears some are looking forward to get the autopy/toxology report because they think SW and/or the children will have drugs in their system. Even if they did, how would that prove CW didn't drug them?
It would have made them much more pliable, he gives them drugs, makes SW a nice chill out (drugged) drink to "ease the tiredness from your trip, honey", and then a little later when they are all out like a light, he easily chokes them to death and desecrates them. It fits in with 2 things, his own words about going downstairs for awhile (to prepare her drugged drink), and his overall cowardice as a human being.

Last edited:
Things do not last on the net. If anyone tries to find past articles, for instance, on Kyron Horman, they no longer exist.

I have petitioned the govt on certain issues with many others and those references are gone.

The public flits from sensation to sensation . Only a few will remain to have interest. The cases such as the Turpins have nothing posted already.

I am sure there will be a new atrocity soon. Why not.

I agree, the public tends to move from atrocity to atrocity, and unfortunately, there is always another one right around the corner. But all these years later, there is still plenty of information online about the Laci Peterson case that was originally published back when it all happened.

A lot of what can be found likely depends on the amount of public attention given to the case, and how many media outlets were reporting on it. In the Watts case, I think it has all of the elements to be every bit as large as the Laci Peterson case, and perhaps ever larger, before all is said and done. If you type in the right combination of words into google, websleuths posts are already showing up on this case.

I'm not sure how long these posts will remain in the search engines online, but I think as long as people keep posting on it, much can be found with the right words and the right search engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0