Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo I can’t conceive experiments of cutting a hole in a paper and simulating disposing of a child in a tank. It seems as if CW has confessed to this crime. The person on AB have his “could have” “if” the oil “could have been “ at such a level. We will find out the details at the hearing.<modsnipped> There will be court testimony about all of this.

The only thing appalling is what CW actually did. He actually shoved his daughters into oil tanks. Yeah, appalling.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may be right. At any rate, they could not enter the house until CW arrived. There was some reason he didn't want them to go in until he got there. It makes me wonder how closely they watched him once they walked inside. I wonder if he was going to try to hide something. Maybe that is how the phone ended up between couch cushions.

Excellent point! I didn't even think of the possibility that CW could have stashed the phone at some point during the initial LE walkthrough. JMO

I agree, good point FlossyMay! I bet his fingerprints will be all over that phone!

Good morning!

picgifs-good-morning-516033.gif

link

Do we think CW will be advised to shave his beard for trial, assuming it comes to a trial? I do not know what the consensus is by trial attorneys. Does having a beard or mustache on a defendant accused of heinous crimes inadvisable because it can possibly have a subconscious effect on jurors/public? E.g. hiding your facial expressions or looking tougher or less open? Just curious. It is interesting to me all the ways in which a defendant's appearance can be altered to present the most wholesome image possible.

EDITED TO ADD: I know this is hardly critically important, but I saw a pause in the convo here and thought I would ask :)
he might not want a "real" beard, ie the type that lumberjacks and commercial fisherman often have. He seems to prefer the type where he lovingly gazes at himself in the mirror while sculpting doodads into the beard to express his feelings. You know, the type of shave he gave himself the morning of his media events. After he had annihilated his family. Maybe in prison he won't actually get to play with razor blades..

Yes, and I’d also like to add we are under no obligation here at WS to “think like a jury”. I tend to think more from the angle of LE & the prosecution.

Thinking like a jury factors into that when considering how they might view the evidence, but I’m not obligated to “wait” for anything as far as evidence goes. LE believes he’s guilty at this point, hence the charges, and that’s room I’m sitting in. Only evidence will get me out of that room, not speculation on things that have no basis in fact.

Right now, there is enough evidence to charge CW. Charging someone isn’t the same as convicting them. Right now I have “charged” CW with a crime. Because that’s where the evidence is pointing. Compelling evidence, I might add
also sometimes juries don't get to see all the evidence for various reasons, but those who have closely followed the whole case have seen it all.

Thank you for your expert explanation of PTSD. This perfectly describes my great-grandfather, who was a World War I veteran who fought in the trenches of France. After he was honorably discharged, I believe he may have sought help as he was diagnosed with shell shock by a military doctor, but I'm not sure they were able to provide him with the help he needed.

He died when I was a teenager, so I remember him well. I don't recall that he ever spoke to me, and he was extremely quiet and withdrawn. When we came to visit, he always retreated into a separate room, where he would close the door and sit in the dark by himself for hours on end with the rest of the family visiting in the living room.

He lived a very long life, but he never recovered.

I’m so sorry to hear your grandfather never recovered. Until fairly recently, PTSD was called shell shock or battle fatigue and just wasn’t treated well or at all. Your description of him is classic PTSD behavior, withdrawn, detached, and avoiding people. Doesn’t fit with CW’s behavior after the murders.

Flossy- I’m having some quote issues. But wanted to respond to the garage keypad comment. My understanding is it was a keypad on the outer frame of the exterior garage door. You enter a numerical code to gain access to the garage without the remote. We have one so we don’t have to worry about lost house keys with our kids. It’s never broken though.

Has NUA stated yet that she saw SW access keypad upon returning home that’s fateful night?

Flossy- I’m having some quote issues. But wanted to respond to the garage keypad comment. My understanding is it was a keypad on the outer frame of the exterior garage door. You enter a numerical code to gain access to the garage without the remote. We have one so we don’t have to worry about lost house keys with our kids. It’s never broken though.

Has NUA stated yet that she saw SW access keypad upon returning home that’s fateful night?
Yes, I think this is what Colorado303 was saying last night. This means, to me, that there was no door leading from outside into the garage other than the garage doors.

Wow..just popped over to this thread yesterday determined to speak my mind about how horrible it was that SW had been thrown under the bus in so many posts. I couldn't even invite one of her friends on as the criticism of her daily life was so harsh. I didn't like the fact that people could consider her a suspect here based on a confessed murderer's words. I would look daily at MSM to see IF anyone was reporting that she was involved. I haven't read every thread,but I have seen a turn around in the posts where I now see that more are seeing her as a victim and not a mastermind of this crime. As I have stated before, CW's own actions of dumping his daughters' bodies speaks volumes of his mindset in all of this.

I wonder if SW was aware of the financial difficulties they were having. Who took care of their bills? It's just hard for me to imagine that they would be letting their house go into foreclosure because of HOA fees. That is correct right? Were they still paying the mortgage tho? This makes no sense to me.

I wonder if SW was aware of the financial difficulties they were having. Who took care of their bills? It's just hard for me to imagine that they would be letting their house go into foreclosure because of HOA fees. That is correct right? Were they still paying the mortgage tho? This makes no sense to me.
Good morning, kkdj.

I don't think we know who took care of the bills, but our VI, Isalybra, said that Shanann had an accountant for her business, so there's that. I don't think we've seen anything that indicates they were behind on their mortgage payments or that foreclosure proceedings had begun.

MOO

Per nUA, she entered through the front door that night. With a key or using the keypad, is unknown as There is a keypad at the front door also.

The next day, the front door keypad was working because she could open it to three inches before the latch prevented it from further opening? Or again, Nicole had a key also so she could have opened it with a key?. But she never said such either way as to how she open the front door in her interviews...

It’s possible (JMO) that they were in a dispute with the HOA and withholding funds in protest. We live in a condo building, and there have been a few legal battles between a resident and the board. It’s not that they’re in financial trouble, it’s more that they’re disputing a charge.

Maybe the Watts’ outdoor grill wasn’t regulation or some little thing like that, and they refused to pay the fine.

As to who was in charge of paying bills, it’s my opinion that Shanann was at the very least involved in financial decisions. She seemed to be an independent and savvy woman, and I doubt she was clueless about their finances. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow