Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I was busy this afternoon, I missed the window to be able to edit my post to add links there.

I have to admit it was a bit unsettling to come back after being away several hours and see such numerous posts over the same issue. I did not think the details in my timeline were controversial, as I’ve seen them in numerous MSM articles in my study of this case.

I certainly apologize if it seemed as though I was making things up due to the absense of links in the original post.

“He was very passive,” said Greg Alore, who hired Shanann at a Ford dealership when the couple first moved to Colorado. “She was very aggressive with him. Bossy. Do this. Do that. Telling him what to do. Dominating the relationship. That I do know.”

‘Everyone Liked Him’: Did Colorado Dad Chris Watts Lead a Double Life?

Byron Falls, the man who bought Shanann's home in Belmont, west of Charlotte, said on August 16 that the Watts family had been in quite a rush to sell the home and had even left behind all the furniture as a part of the sale. The property deed transfer from August 2012 showed that Shanann had signed it while already living in Colorado. Records indicate that she bought the house in 2009.

Affidavit: Colorado man admits to killing pregnant wife but says she strangled their daughters; the couple had NC connections

Did Shanann Watts's sudden financial success drive a fatal wedge into her marriage with Chris?

I believe I was super clear that sometimes things become fact that aren't by mistake.

I am still looking for links for the following within quotes only, from your post:

"SW moved out there first. She lived with the family she nannied for. CW followed with a U-Haul shortly after."

CW worked as a mechanic at the same dealership "SW did Internet sales for in her free time. They lived with the family SW nannied for during this time."

I didn't find any of the stuff within quotes in the articles you linked.

Thank you very much for providing links for the rest.

Finally, from the Daily Mail article in which CW's former boss describes SW as aggressive and bossy in the relationship:

"Still, the couple didn’t have any outward appearance of any marital strife. “They were just an everyday American couple,” Alore said. Shanann, he said, was “sweet as can be.”"

Respectfully, I’m not sure why this was a problem in need of solving. When quoting someone else’s words, quotation marks are used. For example, “She said he loved chocolate,” according to the article. That is different than, “I love chocolate,” said Merry. MOO

How to Quote a Quote and Use Single Quotation Marks - Writing Explained
I found what I needed MerryB. The quote was not there, but it's okay and I don't wish to belabor the point any further.
MOO

I do not understand the apparent fascination with the type of lawn mower and size of lawn. There seems to be a lot of criticism towards Chris for using a power mower.

Where I live, I've never seen someone use an old fashioned push mower. Are they more popular in Colorado? Did I miss the significance? Are lawn mowers insanely expensive?

ETA I'm assuming this is on topic, as it's a response to another post regarding money issues

A lot of guys like power mowers - Mr Mouse feels particularly proud and masculine when he's mowing our tiny lawn with his giant power mower and it would probably humiliate him if he had a teensy mower, maybe CW felt the same?

But what struck me MOST about seeing CW mowing the lawn was the size of his biceps. They're huge and after reading about this horrible crime I imagine those hands around my neck, strangling me. I could never fight off a man of his size.

Last edited:
That is a very good point about the double life and the affair. It costs a lot of cash to carry on an affair. That is how my friend caught her husband cheating on her. After 5 years of him taking lunches from home, or eating a subway sandwich at lunchtime, suddenly she is seeing all of these fancy meals at lunchtime.

And then these cash atm withdrawals, for 40 or 60, here and there...she became very curious. And she began asking around to the few coworkers of his that she knew. And they eventually told her that he had a girlfriend at work.

All those 'overtime' hours that she though was going to be paid TO him, was actually him being out with her , spending their $ on her...

LMAO--I have no ideas how these words are being crossed out...????

(What a snake!)

I agree. The house in NC was absolutely gorgeous. In a video, SW said she built the house in NC when she was 25 years old and her plan was to build equity. That's a very smart long-term plan.
IMO, it all started because SW had that gorgeous, expensive home.

BBM
I agree, @molly1255. I think CW was more attracted to the $$ as represented by that lovely house than he was to his lovely future wife.

Yeah, and a push mower is $100. $100.00 saved is $100.00 earned.

Okay. Are we going to start pricing clothes and decor and shoes, as well?

I really don't begrudge him his lawn mower, there are plenty of less petty things to criticize him for, imo, and we don't actually know who purchased the lawn mower, even.

But the lawn mower seems really important, as it's been mentioned several times, so I'll just back on out of that conversation at this point. My point was made.

I don’t understand why it is assumed by so many that Shanann was the one who overspent, rather than CW, alone, or both of them, together. CW had a gym membership, CW wore the the athletic clothing, bearing team names and brand logos that rarely go on sale, CW used an expensive looking power mower to cut the grass on their teeny tiny lawn, CW was having the affair and living the double life.

Again, $1 says he gambled. (Personal hunch based on nothing)

Perhaps so . Imo that would also mean a huge cut in pay for SW. he was recruited below her since she stated he was part of her team on Sm. She had a lot to lose if he left. Perhaps her VIP status for her car as well. Moo
CW walking out on his family would have impacted SW financially, but not as you describe. I seriously doubt that CW was a big contributor to SW sales team, and easily replaced.

I believe I was super clear that sometimes things become fact that aren't by mistake.

I am still looking for links for the following within quotes only, from your post:

"SW moved out there first. She lived with the family she nannied for. CW followed with a U-Haul shortly after."

CW worked as a mechanic at the same dealership "SW did Internet sales for in her free time. They lived with the family SW nannied for during this time."

I didn't find any of the stuff within quotes in the articles you linked.

Thank you very much for providing links for the rest.

Finally, from the Daily Mail article in which CW's former boss describes SW as aggressive and bossy in the relationship:

"Still, the couple didn’t have any outward appearance of any marital strife. “They were just an everyday American couple,” Alore said. Shanann, he said, was “sweet as can be.”"

I did not have any of the information you’ve referenced “in quotes.”

Maybe the wrenches he would need to undo the bolts holding the hatch? Although, since he also included a gas can, I wonder if he had a gas powered impact wrench like this:

Being a mechanic, it seems like a tool he might own and keep in his garage for personal use as well as work use when needed. JMO.
Could be. The equipment was big, above the sides of the bed. Looked similar to a engine hoist.

She definitely had that down. She's absolutely stunning. (Wish we had a heart-eyes emoji)
View attachment 149331
Shanann Watts
View attachment 149332
Shanann Watts
MOO
She was lovely and made the most of herself.
I admire her drive, motivation, effort.
It takes a tremendous amount of energy to be cheerful, well-groomed and bubbly when you have a chronic illness. Even more-so when you have toddlers and a bun in the oven.

I feel sadness thinking about what the toddlers could have grown into - careers, husbands, their own babies. Sadly they will never get a chance to experience any of these things.

There are things I may not agree on in SW's SM, but she is a victim and a mommy who just wanted the best for her family and she was murdered for it. Whilst pregnant :(. SMH.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member