Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@MerryB Thank you for the links :) I knew you were correct all along.

Asking for links is not an accusation. I've been here since 2004. Facts get twisted on accident with regularity and then it's a mess to try to untangle it.

People have asked me for links on multiple occasions. It is not a reason to become offended.

Moreover, links have not been provided yet for some of the statements of fact in the post.

I want to be sure of what is known. Period.

Which is why I have asked multiple times in repeated posts for proof or evidence that the only opening available without emptying the tanks of oil is 8 inches in diameter.

Why? Well if that's fact it makes CW even more depraved than I believe the facts we do know to show him to be.

But I'm not interested in supporting my opinion as to his depravity. I'm not interested in making him worse than he is.

I'm interested in truth and facts.

Layla123 said:
I’m not criticizing the type of mower he used, I’m merely pointing out that it looks rather expensive, and the size of their lawn looks rather small, and a much less expensive push mower would suffice. IMO people who follow a strict budget know the difference between what they need and what they want, and try to conserve money based on that principle whenever they can.

@Layla123 In terms of the size of the backyard lawn being questioned and the relative size of the lawnmower (lawn to mower ratio) there is also the front and side yards to consider as well that need to be maintained with said lawn mower. Often times, the smaller more compact lawn movers are actually more expensive to purchase versus mainstream sized lawnmowers.

Also, when you say "IMO people who follow a strict budget know the difference between what they need and what they want, and try to conserve money based on that principle whenever they can". Are you referring to CW only or SW or both because it should be an equal responsibility on both person's part with respect to their finances.
I’m saying if you are in debt, and you want to get out of debt, you save money wherever you can. CW was in great shape, no reason why he couldn’t push a mower around his entire yard, it wasn’t that big. Plus, it would have been good exercise. And I say this because in our earlier years my husband and I did have a push mower. They’re not that much work. We’ve made cost cutting decisions like that many times. If I were in the Watts’ financial situation, I probably would have bought a second hand lawnmower off of Craig’s list or at a garage sale. IMO, that lawnmower was an unnecessary extravagance.

Perhaps so . Imo that would also mean a huge cut in pay for SW. he was recruited below her since she stated he was part of her team on Sm. She had a lot to lose if he left. Perhaps her VIP status for her car as well. Moo
IMO, they both had a lot to lose in a divorce, as most people do. However, he said he asked for a separation, not a divorce. Separations do NOT always end in divorce. It is a trial period, IMO. To me, this gives even less credence to the theory that she went nuts and murdered her children (silently went nuts, I might add) because he told her he wanted the separation. If she was as powerful in her relationship that some posts suggest, she likely would have thought she had a great chance to get him back. To my knowledge, he did not present her with divorce papers nor had he packed and moved all of his stuff already. So we are to believe that a 15-30 minute conversation at 4 am after a max of 2 hours of sleep convinced her she had NO CHANCE with him ever again and zero confidence that as all powerful as she was in the relationship that she would never be able to convince him otherwise at a later time with more sleep and thought put into it AND this confident woman who has been through divorce before also chooses now to lose all her marbles and annihilate her family, leaving him untouched?

Yes. There it is; thank you!

Linda Biggers, a realtor who listed Shanann’s home, told The Daily Beast she believes the couple moved because Chris got a job out West. “I think she wanted to get married and move to Colorado with him,” Biggers recalled. “The house was hers; it wasn’t his…. She just had a really beautiful home, it was beautifully furnished.”
That would make sense bc she may not have been able to afford a home that lavish on a nanny job and with him making more money , soon to marry him she would know they would have financial stability with him working as to her going to nanny again out there.

Okay. Are we going to start pricing clothes and decor and shoes, as well?

I really don't begrudge him his lawn mower, there are plenty of less petty things to criticize him for, imo, and we don't actually know who purchased the lawn mower, even.

But the lawn mower seems really important, as it's been mentioned several times, so I'll just back on out of that conversation at this point. My point was made.
My main point was, we no evidence that Shan’ann spent any more money than CW did, but many unfairly criticize her for driving them into debt.

BBM
I agree, @molly1255. I think CW was more attracted to the $$ as represented by that lovely house than he was to his lovely future wife.
Too bad he may not have realized it would be impossible to keep on a nanny salary . Maybe he liked her for being a car show model but that probably doesn’t pay that well either. Imo

IMO, they both had a lot to lose in a divorce, as most people do. However, he said he asked for a separation, not a divorce. Separations do NOT always end in divorce. It is a trial period, IMO. To me, this gives even less credence to the theory that she went nuts and murdered her children (silently went nuts, I might add) because he told her he wanted the separation. If she was as powerful in her relationship that some posts suggest, she likely would have thought she had a great chance to get him back. To my knowledge, he did not present her with divorce papers nor had he packed and moved all of his stuff already. So we are to believe that a 15-30 minute conversation at 4 am after a max of 2 hours of sleep convinced her she had NO CHANCE with him ever again and zero confidence that as all powerful as she was in the relationship that she would never be able to convince him otherwise at a later time with more sleep and thought put into it AND this confident woman who has been through divorce before also chooses now to lose all her marbles and annihilate her family, leaving him untouched?
Did she state on a video how her last divorce took her to a dark place?

I feel like I’m always the one that looks at things differently, *sigh*

if nothing else, it will provide the rest of you with something to discuss :)

Yes, there’s a lengthy list of potential evidence in this case - but people are drawing different conclusions from the same facts. It doesn’t mean they’re ignoring facts - just reaching different conclusions. And that’s to be expected. That’s what happens on juries, too.

For instance: his interviews. It’s a fact that he gave them, and what was said during each of them, and his body language, etc. But people may draw very different conclusions about the importance of those interviews, or whether they are evidence he killed everyone. One person may think “yes, he’s definitely lying (which we know to be the case)... look at his body language and listen to the strange things he’s saying...why would he do this unless he killed them all?” Another person may think “yes, he’s definitely lying, but we KNOW he lied... and he had just disposed of 3 bodies... of course he’s nervous, and trying to preserve himself... but that doesn’t mean he killed them all.”

That’s just one example of many. Now, I’m not looking to get into an argument about whether or not a particular person could conclude one way or the other... because I can tell you they can, and they do. But that’s just my own personal experience - which has taught me to be very careful to analyze and distinguish facts from assumptions/conclusions. Because while some of those assumptions and conclusions are absolutely rational and likely true - that doesn’t mean that others will view things the same way.

Right now, we still don’t know very much about this case. We are grasping at any little bit of information we can find, turning it over and over and over... the media is doing the exact same thing. Expert after expert on tv and in the articles - and even THEY aren’t reaching the same conclusions!

We don’t know what else they have, or will have in the future. We don’t know if some of the evidence will be deemed inadmissible at trial. We don’t know the composition of the jury, or the identity of the judge that will hear the case. We don’t know which attorneys on either side will try the case. All of that comes into play.

One thing is clear - we need more information. It is taking FOR.EV.ER!!!

Will this be the time the DA announces if the DP is on the table?
The DA has 63 days from the date of arraignment, in which to announce a decision regarding the death penalty.

The arraignment won’t be scheduled until his November hearing. So we’ll have a decison sometime next year.

A lot of guys like power mowers - Mr Mouse feels particularly masculine when he's mowing our tiny lawn and it would probably humiliate him if he had a teensy mower, maybe CW felt the same?

But what struck me MOST about seeing CW mowing the lawn was the size of his biceps. They're huge and after reading about this horrible crime I imagine those hands around my neck, strangling me. I could never fight off a man of his size.

Thank you for making a valid, reasonable, relevant point about that photo. Yes, huge, and that photo seems to really emphasize them.

I've wondered since the porch interview, with his hugging his right arm, if he used that arm to put her in a headlock from behind.

I feel like I’m always the one that looks at things differently, *sigh*

if nothing else, it will provide the rest of you with something to discuss :)

Yes, there’s a lengthy list of potential evidence in this case - but people are drawing different conclusions from the same facts. It doesn’t mean they’re ignoring facts - just reaching different conclusions. And that’s to be expected. That’s what happens on juries, too.

For instance: his interviews. It’s a fact that he gave them, and what was said during each of them, and his body language, etc. But people may draw very different conclusions about the importance of those interviews, or whether they are evidence he killed everyone. One person may think “yes, he’s definitely lying (which we know to be the case)... look at his body language and listen to the strange things he’s saying...why would he do this unless he killed them all?” Another person may think “yes, he’s definitely lying, but we KNOW he lied... and he had just disposed of 3 bodies... of course he’s nervous, and trying to preserve himself... but that doesn’t mean he killed them all.”

That’s just one example of many. Now, I’m not looking to get into an argument about whether or not a particular person could conclude one way or the other... because I can tell you they can, and they do. But that’s just my own personal experience - which has taught me to be very careful to analyze and distinguish facts from assumptions/conclusions. Because while some of those assumptions and conclusions are absolutely rational and likely true - that doesn’t mean that others will view things the same way.

Right now, we still don’t know very much about this case. We are grasping at any little bit of information we can find, turning it over and over and over... the media is doing the exact same thing. Expert after expert on tv and in the articles - and even THEY aren’t reaching the same conclusions!

We don’t know what else they have, or will have in the future. We don’t know if some of the evidence will be deemed inadmissible at trial. We don’t know the composition of the jury, or the identity of the judge that will hear the case. We don’t know which attorneys on either side will try the case. All of that comes into play.

One thing is clear - we need more information. It is taking FOR.EV.ER!!!

Excellent post - thank you.

Thank you for making a valid, reasonable, relevant point about that photo. Yes, huge, and that photo seems to really emphasize them.

I've wondered since the porch interview, with his hugging his right arm, if he used that arm to put her in a headlock from behind.
It could well be, I wonder if he was right-handed or left-handed? Perhaps the "active" arm got sprained or strained when trying to subdue SW.

CHRIS WATTS - Communication Speech
(Beginning at 4:03)
"You have two types of deterioration. You have sudden and you have gradual. Sudden would be an example of infidelity. When somebody is not faithful to their partner, the partners realize the relationship cannot be sustained. Gradual would be if you met somebody at work or a new friendship has occurred and you, as it goes on, you see that okay, maybe this relationship has more potential than the relationship I have with my partner. And that would gradually push the old relationship out and push the new relationship in."

The difference in CW's appearance, with the weight loss, and choice of clothes, is so obvious.
He possibly has gained confidence, has outside relationships, admirers (we do know of the AP co-worker) and prefers to be single, not having the ties of a family man.
A third child is on the way, more financial costs are now added.
Perhaps now, a good time, to rid himself of these problems: remove his entire family.
These thoughts, the planning have been at the back of his mind, for some time.
The right moment arose, and he acted.
A monster, who will live the rest of his life in prison, without any family ties to worry about.
This creep has achieved his goal.:eek:
The above, all my own thoughts.

The difference in CW's appearance, with the weight loss, and choice of clothes, is so obvious.
He possibly has gained confidence, has outside relationships, admirers (we do know of the AP co-worker) and prefers to be single, not having the ties of a family man.
A third child is on the way, more financial costs are now added.
Perhaps now, a good time, to rid himself of these problems: remove his entire family.
These thoughts, the planning have been at the back of his mind, for some time.
The right moment arose, and he acted.
A monster, who will live the rest of his life in prison, without any family ties to worry about.
This creep has achieved his goal.:eek:
The above, all my own thoughts.
Your thoughts are echoed by many, hopefully to include a jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3