Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They had the GPS data from the truck, so they knew the only possible locations where the girls could be. And the drones would show there were no other graves like the one he had dug for the mom, anywhere nearby.

And he probably had a work order, showing he had worked on the tanks....bingo...
Yes, not to hard to figure out. Imo

Cold, gloomy rainy night tonight here in the Frederick area. Summer is gone, and so are those warm days when the little girls played so innocently and happily.

I keep thinking about Deiter seeing all of his family his mama dead, the little girls dead...did he go up to them? Did he lick their faces? Whine? Rub up against them? Lie on them? Or did CW put him another room? Did he witness the killings?
:(

This is all really sad and depressing. I’m quite angry right now at CW.

Deiter. Poor guy.

Eta: my dogs are so sensitive they actually get upset if I’m upset, I do not even like to cry or get mad in front of them. My ex and I even had a rule not to argue in front of our little dog because it made her upset. Deiter would have known what was up, that they were all hurt and dead. Dogs are smart, can smell things..Deiter must have been as devastated as a dog can be. I know my dogs would be if I was dead in the house. They wouldn’t want to leave my side.

:( :(

Was Deiter scared?
:(:( Oooohhhh :(

Well, yes, one might be a friend or one can just be a local who is familiar with the case. I think it could be a relative, too. But they can also choose not to reveal what they are, if I understand correctly.
In the Gerard Baden Clay case there was a VI who identified herself as living near the family home. She gave great detail about - the police presence at the home and surrounding area, the appearance of the property and what the neighbourhood was like, the search party organised to look for Allison, the terrain and about the site where her body was eventually found.
GBC was found guilty of murdering and disposing of his wife, Allison, currently he's serving his sentence in prison. His lover played a big part in the motive and in the trial, along with a $1 million life insurance policy.
I think CW's AP will play a major part in this trial too, not sure about insurance policy though?

@Jack0119 VI's are not required to identify themselves and we're not allowed to ask or to speculate their relationship with the accused/victim. VI's should feel welcome and comfortable posting and can give as much or as little information as they see fit. It's up to us, individually, to take or leave it. :) I hope I don't sound too bossy, Jack. :)

Last edited:
I think that's the same source that said the drone discovered the bodies in the tanks. It may not always be accurate. Imo
It's not like they were making up facts about forensic DNA.

And there was a flight delay. I think that interfered with his plan considerably. Jmo

You know, I think that if there were a flight delay and SW were alone, she'd call and Facetime with the girls, or check on them. And if he did not answer the phone, she, with her intuition, would have called the police for a welfare check. (I assume SW had intuition about people). But she was sitting with the coworkers, tired, pregnant, distracted. This made all the difference.

I think that in general, CW was not an intuitive person - he simply could not foresee how people would take his story, for example, or that NUA would get overly concerned. But his wife he knew well. SW was investing a lot of time into her business, and CW counted on it.

I predict his baby monitor lie will be made a big deal of at the trial.

You cannot see anyone being "blue" on those monitors. And did he zoom in on it? Because it seems from the views I saw that the camera was pretty far away from their faces to even see them that well. Also it seems it changes rooms about every 10 seconds. He says he saw Bella blue and then he saw SW choking CeCe. Just how long did he sit there and look at a blue Bella before it switched to CeCe and SW? 10 seconds is pretty long if you've just seen something wrong with your kid. Wouldn't you immediately run to her? It's all nonsense.

CW said he went downstairs for "a moment". To do that he had to pass by both children's bedrooms. When he returned, he had to pass by both rooms again to reach the master bedroom, and when he did, he saw in the baby monitor that Bella was sprawled out on her bed and SW was "actively" strangling Cece whose room was closest to the master bedroom, only a few feet away.

As strangling takes minutes, what possible excuse does he have for not knocking SW to her feet, incapacitating her and immediately starting to try and revive Cece or call 911. NONE. Further, Bella would only have looked blue around the mouth, if she looked blue at all, and he couldn't have seen that in the monitor. This will never fly in court.

Actually, when I was pregnant I was more relaxed and amenable to lies. I was more concerned with the babies to be and was duped more than I’ve ever been at any other time. I was happiest, most optimistic and most malleable when pregnant and though no two women (or pregnancies are alike) it can be a time when we prefer protective bubbles, in spite of what everyone else can see.
Wow :( Then it hits me, what is it? Oh yes, the two most dangerous times a woman is murdered by a man is
1) when leaving and
2) when pregnant
:(:(:(
Edit... (((hugs to you Serena)))

Last edited:
He is just an idiot who thought it was better to murder them all than to have the 'emotional conversation' with his wife. He is a coward who had probably not had a confrontation with anyone in his life. And maybe he should have with other bossy women in his life.

It's not like they were making up facts about forensic DNA.
Well, no, but they have no idea what the likelyhood is of finding it on bodies that had been immersed in crude oil for four days. I assumed they were talking about this particular case. I don't believe they would make up facts, but it is not uncommon for the media to have misinformation. Imo

CW said he went downstairs for "a moment". To do that he had to pass by both children's bedrooms. When he returned, he had to pass by both rooms again to reach the master bedroom, and when he did, he saw in the baby monitor that Bella was sprawled out on her bed and SW was "actively" strangling Cece whose room was closest to the master bedroom, only a few feet away.

As strangling takes minutes, what possible excuse does he have for not knocking SW to her feet, incapacitating her and immediately starting to try and revive Cece or call 911. NONE. Further, Bella would only have looked blue around the mouth, if she looked blue at all, and he couldn't have seen that in the monitor. This will never fly in court.
Hell no, it won’t fly in court. You’re exactly right. Then add on the rest of it, and it goes from ridiculous and implausible, to insane and impossible.

Yes, he is full of it.

I don't believe CW's confession. But one thing I was wondering about was what if he just snapped and accidentally killed one of the girls. He's not used to being alone with them and he's definitely not used to solo parenting. I keep thinking maybe snapped like he said SW did and killed one of the girls. He realizes this is... very, very bad, and kills the other one since she was there and would know what happened. He knows he will never get away with this and has no way to explain it, so he decides he needs to kill Shanann too. Then he does kill her when she gets home as he says he did and disposed of them as we know he did.

Two out of the three are still premeditated murder. Just wondering if it could have snowballed rather than been entirely pre-planned since it didn't seem to be planned very well. (Just an idea, don't throw tomatoes)

And he had to walk right past Bella's bedroom to reach the master bedroom!!!!!

Yes. And if I understand the upstairs floor plan correctly, Celeste's bedroom was right next to Bella's and if one was in the upstairs hall area, you'd be able to see in both bedrooms.

But he doesn't see inside either of their rooms as he sauntered on over to the master bedroom, and he doesn't hear anything unusual, like what would likely be the sobs of an out-of-control woman who was strangling the children she loved? No sounds from either child as what might be expected if they were trying to gasp for air?

He just goes into the master bedroom and SW is not in there so he just glances at the monitor? Baloney. It never happened the way he says it happened. JMO - he killed all of them.

JMO

I don't believe CW's confession. But one thing I was wondering about was what if he just snapped and accidentally killed one of the girls. He's not used to being alone with them and he's definitely not used to solo parenting. I keep thinking maybe snapped like he said SW did and killed one of the girls. He realizes this is... very, very bad, and kills the other one since she was there and would know what happened. He knows he will never get away with this and has no way to explain it, so he decides he needs to kill Shanann too. Then he does kill her when she gets home as he says he did and disposed of them as we know he did.

Two out of the three are still premeditated murder. Just wondering if it could have snowballed rather than been entirely pre-planned since it didn't seem to be planned very well. (Just an idea, don't throw tomatoes)
I definitely think it’s possible. The thing that gives me pause with that scenario, is that things like that happen all the time.

How many boyfriends, stepfathers, and fathers, have been charged with murdering a child in their care? They usually play it off as an unfortunate accident, but the autopsy proves otherwise.

I can’t think of a case where the inadvertent killing of a child, has escalated to a family annihilation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member