Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. And if I understand the upstairs floor plan correctly, Celeste's bedroom was right next to Bella's and if one was in the upstairs hall area, you'd be able to see in both bedrooms.

But he doesn't see inside either of their rooms as he sauntered on over to the master bedroom, and nevert hears any unusual noises, like what would likely be an out-of-control woman who was sobbing as she was strangling her children? No alarming noises of a child trying to gasp for air?>
He goes into the master bedroom and SW is not in there so he just glances at the monitor?
Of course it is unbelievable like the rest of his fairy tale.

Yes. And if I understand the upstairs floor plan correctly, Celeste's bedroom was right next to Bella's and if one was in the upstairs hall area, you'd be able to see in both bedrooms.

But he doesn't see inside either of their rooms as he sauntered on over to the master bedroom, and he doesn't hear anything unusual, like what would like be the sobs of an out-of-control woman who was strangling the children she loved? No sounds from either child as what might be expected if they were trying to gasp for air?

He just goes into the master bedroom and SW is not in there so he just glances at the monitor? Baloney. It never happened the way he says it happened. JMO - he killed all of them.

JMO
BBM
Yes. On HER side of the bed.:confused:

I don't believe CW's confession. But one thing I was wondering about was what if he just snapped and accidentally killed one of the girls. He's not used to being alone with them and he's definitely not used to solo parenting. I keep thinking maybe snapped like he said SW did and killed one of the girls. He realizes this is... very, very bad, and kills the other one since she was there and would know what happened. He knows he will never get away with this and has no way to explain it, so he decides he needs to kill Shanann too. Then he does kill her when she gets home as he says he did and disposed of them as we know he did.

Two out of the three are still premeditated murder. Just wondering if it could have snowballed rather than been entirely pre-planned since it didn't seem to be planned very well. (Just an idea, don't throw tomatoes)
I think he just wanted out and made it happen then just seriously messed up in every way because he didn't have a plan IMO I do think he murdered all of his family

Poor Deiter. Dogs adjust but always miss their original family. Know them on site years later. He is happy and safe though. Deiter saw a lot probably IMO
Oh gosh, I agree. This is getting really hard though... and it’s just the beginning!!! :eek::confused::( I think I’m gonna take a weekend break, for my mind, heart and soul. Good night all, enjoy your weekend. :(:(:( And remember... more than one neighbor has cameras! That’s what keeps me sane !!

I definitely think it’s possible. The thing that gives me pause with that scenario, is that things like that happen all the time.

How many boyfriends, stepfathers, and fathers, have been charged with murdering a child in their care? They usually play it off as an unfortunate accident, but the autopsy proves otherwise.

I can’t think of a case where the inadvertent killing of a child, has escalated to a family annihilation.

I think I'm mostly surprised by him just standing there casually on the porch after this all happened. I would expect someone to be on a flight out of the country like Neil Entwistle.

Sorry for the backtracking.......
I was reviewing the affidavit again, and have a couple of questions:

"In a subsequent interview Chris xxxxxxx (redacted) asked to speak with his Father, who was present at the police department. (Bottom of Page 2)
Chris Watts case: Read the full arrest affidavit compiled by Colorado investigators
Why was a portion of the sentence above redacted? Why was his father present at the police department- did he arrive with Chris, or was he already there? Any ideas?

BBM
Yes. On HER side of the bed.:confused:

Good point. The affidavit states the monitor was on SW's nightstand. I think she was the one who checked the monitor at night, to make sure her girls were ok.

JMO, if she had to get out of bed to physically check on the girls, my guess is she had a straight shot to the master bedroom door, and the bed was situated so she didn't have to walk around CW's side of the bed and risk disturbing his slumber.

JMO, if someone broke into the house and came into the master bedroom at night when everyone was sleeping, SW would be the person they saw first.

I think I'm mostly surprised by him just standing there casually on the porch after this all happened. I would expect someone to be on a flight out of the country like Neil Entwistle.
Staying behind, and trying to play off the disappearance of his family, is incredibly unusual.

The vast majority of cases like this (family annihilators), end in suicide.

Sometimes the killer goes on the run (John List, Bradford Bishop).

There isn’t much precedent for what has happened here. Atleast I can’t think of a similar case where the killer has stuck around.

In the Gerard Baden Clay case there was a VI who identified herself as living near the family home. She gave great detail about - the police presence at the home and surrounding area, the appearance of the property and what the neighbourhood was like, the search party organised to look for Allison, the terrain and about the site where her body was eventually found.
GBC was found guilty of murdering and disposing of his wife, Allison, currently he's serving his sentence in prison. His lover played a big part in the motive and in the trial, along with a $1 million life insurance policy.
I think CW's AP will play a major part in this trial too, not sure about insurance policy though?

I believe that financial part plays a bigger role, and a "new flame" - possibly a smaller one in all these cases. Money is money, and a relationship is, well, means not to stay alone, probably, a convenient landing spot. But no one knows if these guys would have stayed with their APs "forever and ever". I read about several women who killed their husbands, one after another, can't see why guys should be different.

"In a subsequent interview Chris xxxxxxx (redacted) asked to speak with his Father, who was present at the police department. (Bottom of Page 2)
Chris Watts case: Read the full arrest affidavit compiled by Colorado investigators
Why was a portion of the sentence above redacted? Why was his father present at the police department- did he arrive with Chris, or was he already there? Any ideas?

I don't what it means, but I don't think you are backtracking, either. I think the affidavit is a very important document in terms of information, and I've read it many times and continue to refer to it.

To be honest, I never questioned why part of that sentence was redacted, and I think your questions are pertinent.

His father accompanied him to the police station and was there at the station during his interrogation. As to the reason that part was blacked out, my guess it is referring that he admitted to who he was having an affair with as that portion is blacked out above that portion also. Moo

I might be wrong, and someone please correct me if so, but from what I have read, Chris left the THayers home, then picked his father up at the airport . And at some point, they both went to the Police Station. I would imagine the investigators would want to speak to the fatherinlaw, to ask what he might know about where the family could be, if they had contacted him, etc.

Staying behind, and trying to play off the disappearance of his family, is incredibly unusual.

There isn’t much precedent for what has happened here. Atleast I can’t think of a similar case where the killer has stuck around.

The people who have killed their spouses, for example, sometimes do stick around. But usually they have done a much better job of covering their evil deeds. Usually there is a much more convincing story, and much vaguer timeline, a better staging of the missing spouses exit, etc.

He stood his ground, but it quickly caved in underneath his cloven hooves because it was built on very shaky foundation...

I agree, and with respect to one that didn't end in suicide, John List, when he was finally captured, he talked about how he killed each family member. IIRC, he chased one of his sons throughout the house, and it was like something a paid assassin would do.

The people who have killed their spouses, for example, sometimes do stick around. But usually they have done a much better job of covering their evil deeds. Usually there is a much more convincing story, and much vaguer timeline, a better staging of the missing spouses exit, etc.

He stood his ground, but it quickly caved in underneath his cloven hooves because it was built on very shaky foundation...
Yeah. People kill their spouses and stick around all the time.

It’s that killing the kids as well, adds a new dimension. It sets cases like this, apart from your usual spousal murder.

The usual rules don’t apply here, and him sticking around is more unusual than it would otherwise be.

Last edited:
Yeah. People kill their spouses and stick around all the time.

It’s that killing the kids as well, adds a new dimension. It sets cases like this, apart from your usual spousal murder.

It certainly does add a new dimension. I think most people can sympathize with the anger many may have at their spouse. We can all imagine reasons one might lash out physically at their partner---money, jealousy, cheating, gambling away the 401k, etc etc...

But it is impossible to feel any sympathy for someone who kills their children, let alone toddlers. No, just no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball