Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That does make sense to me, to use Anadarko drones, they would be all programmed, they would presumably have professional operators, the personnel would know how many tank batteries, access, and so forth. Also maybe they had remote docking stations for the drones if they used them frequently.
All reports frame it as authorities used the drones. Not that Anadarko didn't cooperate because they obviously have. Particularly with knowledge of the tanks, the draining, etcetera, they had to be a great resource for LE. (I can only imagine how traumatizing it was for the crew that had to participate in that, knowing why they were draining them.) With respect to the area, I know Longmont PD had budgeted to buy 3 this year for different purposes, Larimer County has them in use also, as well as FD's in the area. LE Agencies in the area cooperated in working the case and you can see Longmont officers among those on the Witness List (possibly others too as I haven't looked at it recently).

The forensic results could very well prove inconclusive here. It would be nice to have it, but his goose is likely cooked regardless.

CW has no known documented mental health issues. Many of these types of killers do not.
BBM. And nor has SW unless you are talking about a depression that has been hinted at when her first marriage ended, which is true for almost everyone in that situation.

Unless there's a MSM link or a post from one of our VIs as a source, do not speculate about CW's parents or family of origin and what they may or may not be doing or saying about CW. CW's family members are considered victims at this time. If you don't have a link, don't post that you think you read something somewhere. Find the link first, include it, then post your comment.

This post falls at random.

There are going to be members of the jury who are very familiar with baby monitors who won't automatically assume CW is lying. Just calling him a liar isn't going to be a very effective prosecution tactic. JMO
No. But proving him as one will be an effective tactic.

Play the video of his news interviews, where he repeatedly lies.

Play his interrogation video, where he likely tells many hours of lies, changes his story, and gives his final version of events.

He’s admitted to lying about the worst thing a human can possibly lie about.

They won’t have to simply call him a liar, as they can unequivocally prove it.

There are going to be members of the jury who are very familiar with baby monitors who won't automatically assume CW is lying. Just calling him a liar isn't going to be a very effective prosecution tactic. JMO
Except that they will have seen his porch performances and know that he is a liar. A man who claimed that he did not know where his family where after he had dumped his little girls in crude oil and buried his wife and unborn child in a shallow grave.
No on will have to call him a liar. It is obvious to all that he is.

Last edited:

I agree. If there’s a trial I personally don’t think the focus will be on the baby monitors or T-shirt.
jmo

No, but that gives me something to go on. Thank you, MsBetsy. :)
Yes, I hope someone can find it. It might be one of those posts by Lalya, or something like that,who give updates of what is going on locally, not sure of the name.. I'm struggling to remember. But I know there was a discussion that followed about what degeneration might mean in terms of CW's behavior. And again, it wasn't verified so it may or not be true that the family said that at all. Just a possibility. Jmo

No. But proving him as one will be an effective tactic.

Play the video of his news interviews, where he repeatedly lies.

Play his interrogation video, where he likely tells many hours of lies, changes his story, and gives his final version of events.

He’s admitted to lying about the worst thing a human can possibly lie about.

They won’t have to simply call him a liar, as they can unequivocally prove it.
Being a liar isn't proof of murder. The videos don't prove CW lied about what he saw on the monitor nor do they prove he murdered the children. That is a pretty serious burden of proof. JMO

Being a liar isn't proof of murder. The videos don't prove CW lied about what he saw on the monitor nor do they prove he murdered the children. That is a pretty serious burden of proof. JMO
If he has told so many lies, wouldn't they question why they should believe him? That is exactly what the jury asked Jodi Arias: " Why should we believe you now?" It seems to be very important to a jury. Imo

If he has told so many lies, wouldn't they question why they should believe him? That is exactly what the jury asked Jodi Arias: " Why should we believe you now?" It seems to be very important to a jury. Imo

I would question why, if he just saw his wife murder his girls, he would choose to wear something she bought him. If my husband killed my kids, I wouldn't even want his underwear drawer near me in the house.

Just because we don't know of documented mental health issues of either parent doesn't mean it doesn't exist from a variety of sources. JMO
Well, for one, I doubt a psychologist is going to diagnose someone who is dead based on snippets of videos. As far as CW goes, I doubt it’s mental health issues, just evil.

I think it will be brought up, but I don’t think it will be the focus.
No, of course, there are a multitude of lies and other evidence against him. The focus, I expect, is to convince the jury that he is lying about the way in which the crime occurred, and to prove without a doubt that he is the only one who could have killed his children. Jmo

We know CW lied about his affair and lied after the fact, but we have no knowledge that he was a known liar previous to the murders. Jodi lied just to lie and not just after she murdered Travis.
jmo

Well, for one, I doubt a psychologist is going to diagnose someone who is dead based on snippets of videos. As far as CW goes, I doubt it’s mental health issues, just evil.

Unless SW had been diagnosed with something prior to her death, and it can be proved that she didn't seek any kind of treatment for it, it would be difficult to even show the relevance. I don't know a professional who would attempt to diagnose her post-mortem based upon FB posts, anecdotes, and video clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member