Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking what’s good for the Prosecution is bad for the Defense, so why would the Defense go along with the Prosecution’s motion to keep those autopsies sealed? Why? Why did the Coroner agree that they should be kept sealed? What’s in them? Something worse than 3 strangulations?
I pray he didn’t dismember them. I don’t recall reading anything about blood evidence.

Cold, gloomy rainy night tonight here in the Frederick area. Summer is gone, and so are those warm days when the little girls played so innocently and happily.

I keep thinking about Deiter seeing all of his girls dead, did he go up to them? Did he lick their faces? Whine? Or did CW put him another room?
:(

This is all really sad and depressing. I’m quite angry right now at CW.

Deiter. Poor guy.

Eta: my dogs are so sensitive they actually get upset if I’m upset, I do not even like to cry or get mad in front of them. My ex and I even had a rule not to argue in front of our little dog because it made her upset. Deiter would have known what was up, that they were all hurt and dead. Dogs are smart, can smell things..Deiter must have been as devastated as a dog can be. I know my dogs would be if I was dead in the house. They wouldn’t want to leave my side.

:( :(

I don't have a source, but it was said when I asked in a previous thread that when NUA came to the house the next day Dieter was in the garage. If that is true* I wonder if he had been in the garage all night-- did CW put him there before the murders? That would explain why the neighbors reportedly heard him howling in the morning. At some point CW had to carry the corpses right past Dieter (assuming he was in the garage). Poor doggie would know something was wrong with his family.
JMO.

*Can anyone verify Dieter was in the garage? And does anyone know if they had crate trained him?

I was thinking he went downstairs, right by the kids' rooms, came back up right by kids' rooms, and crossed the loft to go to the master bedroom to see Bella on the monitor. I hadn't heard that it was a downstairs monitor, but I sure could have missed that. I think he went down to get garbage sacks to put them in, not wanting to drag the bodies or even carry them over the rugs. But it would fall into your overall theory of saying a few truish things and embellishing them with falsehoods.
You're correct, it was the master bedroom monitor.

Per affidavit -

While in the bedroom, via baby monitor located on Shanann's night stand, he observed Bella 'sprawled' out on her bed and blue and Shanann actively strangling Celeste.

https://mediaassets.thedenverchanne...est affidavit chris watts_95256653_ver1.0.pdf

At the very moment that she was unfortunately being taken out of an oil tank, she should have been collecting feathers and drawing name tags. IMO

It's these little personal reminders of just how young and innocent the girls were that makes this entire case so incredibly heartbreaking and baffling.

Who wouldn't want to see their tiny little daughters doing things like this with wonder in their eyes and laughter? I just can't fathom anyone wanting freedom this badly.

One thing that strikes me as odd, is the alleged female AP.
I would expect her to keep tabs on all SW's SM, being "the other woman".
When SW posted about her pregnancy, surely the AP would break it off with CW because who would carry on an affair with a married man when his wife is pregnant? You'd have to be very cold-hearted to carry on an affair with a man whose wife is expecting a child, and to want CW to divorce her.
MOO.
Perhaps SW knew the other woman and blocked her from her FB page?

I’m thinking what’s good for the Prosecution is bad for the Defense, so why would the Defense go along with the Prosecution’s motion to keep those autopsies sealed? Why? Why did the Coroner agree that they should be kept sealed? What’s in them? Something worse than 3 strangulations?
I’m tellin ya, been saying it since day 1, I will not be surprised if strangling is not the only, uh, aspect in this, especially if the murders were spread out over a period of time.
@PommyMommy, I remember there was a case on your spreadsheet which had different CODs within one FA case.

Last edited:
I feel bad for Dieter too, but I think he's in good hands, Magz.

Weeks After The Triple Murder of Shan'ann Watts and Her Daughters, Her Dog, Dieter, Finds a New Home
“He gets a little nervous here and there because he’s not used to … my chihuahua and her attitude lol,” Rzucek wrote in a comment. “He’s starting to figure out she’s all bark and no bite. Lol I even caught them playing together last night and she usually doesn’t like ‘new’ people or pets, hell anyone but me. Haha”

Rzucek wrote that his chihuahua understands that Dieter is in mourning for his loss:

“But its like she knows he’s sad. Its amazing how animals know certain things, but they do. My dogs have not left my side ever since this happened.”

:hearts:
Thank you Pommymommy, of course you can understand, well since you’re a “Pommymommy” and all...

Thanks for posting this. It really is so bittersweet though.

Indeed britelite. I really hadn’t thought much about all the lies and dramatic performances he would have had to have been pulling off for months...

With all his lies, it would be hard for him, to remember, what he said, and to whom.
Now, he probably is continuing with his lies, to his team, as that is CW, a pathological liar but also an evil man who has murdered his family.
How can his lies get him out of this situation?
It is now too late.
MOO.

I pray he didn’t dismember them. I don’t recall reading anything about blood evidence.

Indeed there has been no blood evidence revealed, but that does not mean it doesn’t exist. In Savanna Greywind’s case (bless her heart) she was killed in the bathtub and baby extracted but LE did not see evidence of this upon in the initial cursory search (finding out later just last week during the trial she was in the closet and then stored in the dresser. :( )

Anyway, maybe there was a lot to clean up, if it was stabbing or dismemberment which I do not rule out at this time, and maybe as a result he didn’t have enough time to get rid of everyyything (pillowcase in trash, phone, purse, etc). Savanna’s perps did such heavy cleaning including using toothbrushes to clean in the bathroom.

There was quite a bit of time between Sunday night and when he did his interviews.

ETA: I wonder what the nature of his first communication with the AP post the murders consisted of. Did he say “my family is missing” or did he say “Shanann killed the girls so I then killed her”, it did he say nothing? Or maybe something else?

Last edited:
This is making sense to me as I think about someone I know, a married man who’s mistress dumped him and he was devastated.

Kinda OT but also kinda related...one of my best friends has a married boyfriend. It's such a permanent cringe for me. I tried to stay uninvolved but I listen when she talks, and a lot of the things she says now make me think of CW and his AP and possibly what he was telling both her and SW to string them along. Or at least for sure string SW along. I even got paranoid after this happened because this guy also has two kids and a wife and I was like oh my word, what if he does this too?? Except he's REALLY stringing my friend along...it's been SIX YEARS and two years into it, the wife got pregnant. Meanwhile my friend stayed. He told her she "trapped" him as if he squeezed the sperm out of him and impregnated herself?? I fail to comprehend on a daily basis how she buys the things she says, but yet, she does. She grew up in a good family, is educated, has a good job, makes good money, owns her own home, has no attachments...and yet still stays with this dude. So it wouldn't surprise me if the AP stayed because he was telling her one thing, and maybe he was even telling SW something else...maybe she knew for quite some time, and the third pregnancy was a way to appease her, to "show" her he was going to give that up and was in it for the long haul with his family. Except that he wasn't.

MOO of course.

The thing is- if it was premeditated, then why did he fail to think about all of the things that gave him away?

- inadequate burial spot/plans/way to hide the bodies (shallow grave for one, tanks for the other two, tanks that would at some point be checked, especially since they were on his actual job, which LE would automatically check first)

- evidence left helterskelter- a sheet at the burial site, a bag at the burial site, her cell phone and other belongings and kids carseats, her car, EVERYTHING left inside their locked, videoed home.

- zero alibi

- no stage set/scene set up- if he had preplanned it, he would have had an actual plan, one that explained her absence, the girls' absences, one that left room open for them leaving voluntarily or being killed due to something else. Gas leak in the house, boat capsized and they drowned, fire, something. Not kill them, hide them, go to work and try to pretend it never happened.

- didn't call and re-arrange her medical appointment. Didn't use her phone to pretend to be her to throw her off (the whole discovery could have been avoided if CW had used SW's phone to text her friends/coworkers back, something simple like "I'm exhausted from all the travel, and need to rest this morning, will get back online in the morning, carry on without me! thanks dears!")

I personally don't think his daughter going to school was a factor at all. Why would it be? If you're hardcore evil enough to slaughter your whole family, why would it matter if it happened on a Sunday night before the first day of school or a Thursday night midway through the second semester?

I think whatever went down, whoever did what, it happened spontaneously, in the heat of the moment.

Makes a lot of sense

I’m tellin ya, been saying it since day 1, I will not be surprised if strangling is not the only, uh, aspect in this, especially if the murders were spread out.
@PommyMommy, I remember there was a case on your spreadsheet which had different CODs within one FA case.
Several of them:

Phillip Austin - Mallet/Strangulation/Stabbing
Christian Longo - Strangulation/Drowning
Robert Fisher - Shooting/Throats cut
Edward Zakrzewski - Crowbar/Strangulation/Machete
Ronald Simmons - Bludgeoning/Shooting/Strangulation/Drowning

MOO

Several of them:

Phillip Austin - Mallet/Strangulation/Stabbing
Christian Longo - Strangulation/Drowning
Robert Fisher - Shooting/Throats cut
Edward Zakrzewski - Crowbar/Strangulation/Machete
Ronald Simmons - Bludgeoning/Shooting/Strangulation/Drowning

MOO
Hmmmm....

I wonder if initially any of them tried to pull a defense that the spouse did it? And initially said it was all one COD until proven otherwise forensically? I remember we touched a little on some of these cases much earlier on.

Ftr: CW might or might not share many similarities with some of of these other FAs necessarily, as there does exist variances between perps, etc in other cases/genres (child abductions, etc).

Last edited:

However, LE were interested, in the foot prints, on the bag, found at grave site.
Did CW stomp on this bag, with his babies inside, to break bones, making it easier to manipulate into tanks.:(:(
He would know, the opening size of the tanks.
MOO.

Chris was due in court 10/26/18 for HOA fees, now that Shanann's father is her representative, will he have to appear instead?. Tia.

Attachments

• 40041047_2420488401296422_1410709083845033984_n.jpg
    40041047_2420488401296422_1410709083845033984_n.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 9
Jessica Ridgeway was murdered 6 years ago today. Today is the 6 Year Anniversary of her murder here in Northern Colorado (and not all that far from Frederick. Yes everyone and new locals now here on WS for the Watts family, it has been 6 years today. I will be posting in her threads later this evening).

:candle:

As I haven’t forgotten about Jessica or other victims, neither will Shanann, CeCe and Bella be forgotten.

May their special spirits be respected and their love for each other remembered. And not desecrated.
Prayers up.

Well in either case, CW probably wouldn't have wanted Bella to have already started kindergarten and then just not show up, which would have raised more red flags immediately.

We really don't know when he was originally planning to alert LE of their disappearance. He could have even waited a couple days to do so. My guess is that he was planning to drive her car out the garage in darkness, so no one could see who the driver was, abandon it somewhere and then report them missing later.

How would he get back home? He was used to running five miles. Somewhere in that vicinity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230