Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogs are very intelligent and

All he had to do was slug her and she’d be down. Then work on reviving the girls after calling 911. He’s full of it.
IMO.
Yep. EXACTLY.

I still think something might have happened where her phone was found. Maybe.

Maybe he couldn’t find her phone? If he didn’t hide it himself.

Last edited:
Hmmmm....

I wonder if initially any of them tried to pull a defense that the spouse did it? And initially said it was all one COD until proven otherwise forensically? I remember we touched a little on some of these cases much earlier on.

Ftr: CW might or might not share many similarities with some of if these other FAs, as perps vary in other cases/genres (child abductions, etc).
Yes, Christian Longo testified that it was his wife who murdered Sadie and Zachery, which he said prompted him to strangle Mary Jane and then kill his youngest child.
MOO

I don't think that he could have just walked away, because he wanted to be the good guy, so they had to just disappear.

Exactly. I think if we ever get an answer to the why part of this, we will find he was greatly motivated by how others perceived him. I think the one aspect of SW’s SM he enjoyed was being told he was the best man she ever met and the best father in the world. There was really only one way to keep the image and ditch the family. He had to be the wronged party in all of this. That’s what the “vanished” story would have been and it’s what the “Shanann’s the real killer” story is. Jmo.

However, LE were interested, in the foot prints, on the bag, found at grave site.
Did CW stomp on this bag, with his babies inside, to break bones, making it easier to manipulate into tanks.:(:(
He would know, the opening size of the tanks.
MOO.

I’m envisioning maybe garbage bags on the floor in the garage.

Fantastic reply.
As I am an animal lover, I have tons of stories, showing how bright our pets, and other animals are.
They show love, empathy, abandonment, aid medically, are companions, protectors, etc, etc.
Deiter would not harm his family, unlike the evil human CW.
Dogs are very attuned to different energies, unlike most humans. I had a dog when I was a child and her bed was in our laundry room. When my Grandmother died, my parents brought boxes of some of her belongings and clothing to our house and put them in the laundry room.
My dog was so spooked, she refused to go to sleep in her bed.
Fantastic reply.
As I am an animal lover, I have tons of stories, showing how bright our pets, and other animals are.
They show love, empathy, abandonment, aid medically, are companions, protectors, etc, etc.
Deiter would not harm his family, unlike the evil human CW.
Dog spelled backwards is God. :)

You're correct, it was the master bedroom monitor.

Per affidavit -

While in the bedroom, via baby monitor located on Shanann's night stand, he observed Bella 'sprawled' out on her bed and blue and Shanann actively strangling Celeste.

https://mediaassets.thedenverchanne...est affidavit chris watts_95256653_ver1.0.pdf

I’m re-reading and re-reading this over and over. And “Actively strangling” just keeps popping out like, I don’t know what.

He had time to try to save them!

Key words.

“Actively strangling”.

I don't have a source, but it was said when I asked in a previous thread that when NUA came to the house the next day Dieter was in the garage. If that is true* I wonder if he had been in the garage all night-- did CW put him there before the murders? That would explain why the neighbors reportedly heard him howling in the morning. At some point CW had to carry the corpses right past Dieter (assuming he was in the garage). Poor doggie would know something was wrong with his family.
JMO.

*Can anyone verify Dieter was in the garage? And does anyone know if they had crate trained him?
and @margarita25 , I lost 3 elderly pets out of 5 within a year before and after giving birth to our child. They KNEW. I also still wonder if the dog howling welfare call was human or canine.

and @margarita25 , I lost 3 elderly pets out of 5 within a year before and after giving birth to our child. They KNEW. I also still wonder if the dog howling welfare call was human or canine.

Ok so jumping off this and sorry I’m sure this has already been mentioned and discussed way back so sorry if this is the case, what time was this dog howling welfare call? What are all the details on this again? Tia very much.

I wonder what a scan of his brain would indicate. Seriously.

Nothing. We are far away in time from Lombroso's theories about morphological traits of a "Criminal personality". His brain would be like... a brain. He does not have a history of extensive brain trauma, like athletes had, so no evidence of early dementing process, either. Likely.

PET scan is more interesting. However, I don't expect much that could be used diagnostically, either. But sometimes, abnormalities pan out - it is hard to interpret them so far, though.

What about EEG? They pick seizures only in 60% of cases, the chance of abnormality is also slim, but still would be interesting to look at it.

All these tests need to be done, though, as well as neurocognitive and personality tests. I hope researchers will have grants for them.

I tend to think it was the dog just because he got their attention frequently. This time he sounded different, however.

Ok so jumping off this and sorry I’m sure this has already been mentioned and discussed way back so sorry if this is the case, what time was this dog howling welfare call? What are all the details on this again? Tia very much.
There was no time given.

Neighbor says Chris Watts “cared more about the dog” than pregnant wife and 2 toddlers he allegedly killed
The dog reportedly got the attention of neighbors frequently, with Hollowell telling reporters that he “made more noise than the family did..”

On the day the family disappeared, however, the barking was different.

“It was like he was being punished or hurt or something,” the neighbor said. He was just howling. Because we had a dog, I said, ‘What the hell is that all about? So we called the police and asked them to check on the dog. And it turned out that he was OK. They did a wellness check on the dog.”

I’m tellin ya, been saying it since day 1, I will not be surprised if strangling is not the only, uh, aspect in this, especially if the murders were spread out over a period of time.
@PommyMommy, I remember there was a case on your spreadsheet which had different CODs within one FA case.
Yep to me the key word in the affidavit is 'ultimately' Strangulation ultimately caused SW's death, which to me indicates there was another method involved.

I think it was on Monday night.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...18CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf
Page 2:
"A neighborhood canvas was conducted for several hours later that evening by patrol and a check well-being BOLO was initiated through dispatch."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball