Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep to me the key word in the affidavit is 'ultimately' Strangulation ultimately caused SW's death, which to me indicates there was another method involved.
Not necessarily. It does indicate that something preceded strangulation, but that isn’t necessarily limited to something physical.

Does anyone know if all schools/preschools in Colorado are peanut free? Could that be the reason BW was changing school/preschool?

I don't know about ALL schools in this area, but my son's private preschool, that is pretty "old school" and have been in business for like 20+ years and they are definitely peanut-free and allergy aware. We are only allowed to bring store-bought treats for birthdays. My friend's daughter goes to a public kindergarten and they are extremely allergy sensitive, to the point of having a complete ban on parents bringing in treats for birthdays, and having rules about home made lunches.

Does anyone know if all schools/preschools in Colorado are peanut free? Could that be the reason BW was changing school/preschool?

That’s possible! One of SW’s most recent posts was recounting a story she’d heard of an allergic child being bullied, and the child’s bullies giving that child nuts. She was clearly horrified & terrified that something like that could happen

I don't know about ALL schools in this area, but my son's private preschool, that is pretty "old school" and have been in business for like 20+ years and they are definitely peanut-free and allergy aware. We are only allowed to bring store-bought treats for birthdays. My friend's daughter goes to a public kindergarten and they are extremely allergy sensitive, to the point of having a complete ban on parents bringing in treats for birthdays, and having rules about home made lunches.

That's how my son's school is too, but we're in another state so I wasn't sure. Thx

I totally agree. I think he’s that dense as well. When they ask him if he’s worried that people think he may be involved, he cannot say anything but “people are going to think what they think. I just want everyone to know that I just want them back.” And then he expounded upon how much he liked his shirt!

Not -“I am NOT involved with this and I want help finding them!” Or “I would never do anything to hurt my family.”

He’s saying in his own mind “Who cares what haters think! I’m clearly too nice of a seeming guy to worry about that! The cops are great and they have dogs and I’m supporting them! Who could possibly think that I have anything to do with this when I have no “inclination” about anything!”
"I just want everyone to know that I just want them back" is a very weird turn of phrase. Why does he want everyone to know that, as opposed to "I just want them back." But we know this whole thing is fake, all a lie, he knew they were never coming back ever because he killed them. His lack of any sign of grief is stunning. MOO.

(Qmfr:)
I wonder what a scan of his brain would indicate. Seriously.

I originally thought she meant the dog's brain. There'd probably be more on that scan than on his.

(ETA: Yes woops LoL reading back I misplaced my suspect reference grammatically, my apologies for the confusion but it sure did lead to some good conversation about how special dogs are and what Deiter can possibly tell us...)

So, reference re: the howling call...now if I can just find where PommyMommy put it..:wink:

Last edited:
That’s possible! One of SW’s most recent posts was recounting a story she’d heard of an allergic child being bullied, and the child’s bullies giving that child nuts. She was clearly horrified & terrified that something like that could happen

It's a legit reason to worry. Peanut allergies can be life threatening.
jmo

I think that that detective just used the words ultimately and actively. They were both used twice in the affidavit IIRC.
Those are certainly the words of LE. Those documents are always vague, and it’s frustrating as it leaves open a lot of doors as far as theories are concerned.

I don't recall why it's up again today but I did have questions on the dates and how he said it in the interview, and it appears other members here did too. I was stuck on a word I thought he said but either way his talking about BW in past tense is odd.
Odd but we KNOW that he KNEW they were dead -- whether you believe his story or not, even in his version of events he dumped all their bodies. So yes it was a slip because they were already all in the past tense. That in itself simply reveals what we know to be true. I think there are bigger slips that convey that he killed them all. And his lack of grief, his strange laughter, he seems to be enjoying himself, where is the anguish and devastation?

Odd but we KNOW that he KNEW they were dead -- whether you believe his story or not, even in his version of events he dumped all their bodies. So yes it was a slip because they were already all in the past tense. That in itself simply reveals what we know to be true. I think there are bigger slips that convey that he killed them all. And his lack of grief, his strange laughter, he seems to be enjoying himself, where is the anguish and devastation?
Words are great, as one can learn a lot from statement analysis.

His actions speak a lot louder than words though, and are far more incriminating.

Last edited:
Maybe it’s not so far fetched to think CW could have originally planned to drive somewhere earlier in the night, had she arrived on time. Do we know for sure that CW was aware of neighbor’s cameras? If he wasn’t, he might have thought his neighbors wouldn’t necessarily find it suspicious if he left the house around midnight. Seemed like a quiet neighborhood, and I’d imagine it’d be even more quiet at night, in the dark, with many asleep.

I’m starting to think it wasn’t originally planned to hide SW’s body at the oil tank site. The girls, yes, but I don’t know about the burial being planned. Had SW arrived in time, I wonder if he pre-planned a spot to hide her body, or some way to dispose her body, under the expectation that she would be arriving home around a certain time (e.g., around 10 or 11pm).

That might better explain what he was doing between 2 and 5am. I believe SW was killed pretty quickly, sometime between 2am-4am. Maybe it's as simple as CW spending an hour or two researching a back-up plan on Google due to her late arrival. Those internet search histories will be enlightening. Jmo

Imo, if CW had 24 hours more to complete his devilish plans, everything would be different. Leaving the sheet and bag at the disposal site was a big mistake but it's discovery was due to NUA reporting SW and girls missing.
My theory is, CW planned to retrieve SW's body from the shallow grave. I've said before, if gopher/squirrel/prairie dog mounds are common in the vicinity of the tanks, no one would notice another mound. In his plan, the sheet and bag wouldn't have been left behind. SW was hastily buried there because he ran out of time.

CW in those extra hours would find another spot to bury SW along with her purse. It'd be in the opposite direction of the oil tanks so as not to link them together. CW didn't foresee that NUA could open the front door, (he did have it latched though) and see SW's suitcase, handbag sitting nearby which alarmed her. He'd have time to destroy the sheets in the trash bin and remake the beds with clean sheets.

CW probably hoped SW's badly decomposed remains would be found in due course and the girls never to be discovered. In his scenario, the girls were the motive for the abduction.
CW's internet searches will be very revealing, and were these searches made before SW returned home or after? CW had only 2 or 3 hours at most, to come up with a plan, he just didn't count on NUA arriving on the scene and spoiling everything.
I don't know why but for some reason, I want to give CW more credit with coming up with better plan than what we're left with. CW isn't a people person, he didn't realize someone like NUA would be so concerned she'd involve the police. TG she did!

"I just want everyone to know that I just want them back" is a very weird turn of phrase. Why does he want everyone to know that, as opposed to "I just want them back." But we know this whole thing is fake, all a lie, he knew they were never coming back ever because he killed them. His lack of any sign of grief is stunning. MOO.
The phrase is certainly telling! Does anyone know if Eyes for Lies has analyzed his speech??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member