Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I just remembered ... it's been suggested that it was to distance himself from SW to give her an opportunity to murder the babies.
I just don't believe the Bella is blue, SW is murdering Cece story. (actively strangling) her.
But there is a monitor stuck somewhere in his sicko brain, he mentioned it too often. Probably more like SW is trying to sleep after saying she was leaving, and she rolls over to see HIM on the monitor killing the kids. Or, he kills her in bed, and glances over, by accident see the kids on the monitor and realizes he has to kill them too.

Last edited:
This has crossed my mind too. That after 5 weeks of solitude, maybe he wasn’t coping with tantrums and meltdowns. He’s a big guy, one swipe could do a lot of damage to a toddler.

Still, to then go on and murder the rest of your family.. I don’t know. I think in that scenario he’d be more likely to hide the body/bodies and claim kidnapping and not kill SW too. Or claim a child fell down the stairs, or something. The killing the whole family just seems too out of place.

Cold, gloomy rainy night tonight here in the Frederick area. Summer is gone, and so are those warm days when the little girls played so innocently and happily.

I keep thinking about Deiter seeing all of his family his mama dead, the little girls dead...did he go up to them? Did he lick their faces? Whine? Rub up against them? Lie on them? Or did CW put him another room? Did he witness the killings?
:(

This is all really sad and depressing. I’m quite angry right now at CW.

Deiter. Poor guy.

Eta: my dogs are so sensitive they actually get upset if I’m upset, I do not even like to cry or get mad in front of them. My ex and I even had a rule not to argue in front of our little dog because it made her upset. Deiter would have known what was up, that they were all hurt and dead. Dogs are smart, can smell things..Deiter must have been as devastated as a dog can be. I know my dogs would be if I was dead in the house. They wouldn’t want to leave my side.

:( :(

Was Deiter scared?

What a sad thought....dogs are beyond smart that's for sure. Just so glad he's been kept in the family. :(

Well maybe his timeline isn't honest (understatement). Maybe he didn't go downstairs before they were murdered, but after.

Exactly! I appreciate and understand why the sleuths here really explore the logistics, but I don’t get invested in those discussions. (No offense!)

Forensics tell the truth; murderers don’t...

If there is no more in the autopsy results, than we already know, why seal it? If there is evidence that supports CW's story, it still goes to the defense, and I would think the defense would move for a reconsideration of the charges and for bail. For me the strongest reason for the prosecution to seal the autopsy results is because it proves ALL the charges against him, and the actual details/evidence are very disturbing!

I would love to hear from one or more of the attorneys!

He bought those little girls a lot of joy by the looks of that video, they loved each other for sure. CW seemed so normal in that video, I think this is why this crime is so shocking.
He is and there are many videos like that. Growing up in my family, kids were taught very early on not to screech and scream, particularly indoors. So for me the parents (and Dieter!) seem particularly patient! I would need permanent ear plugs to get by in that household myself :)

If there is no more in the autopsy results, than we already know, why seal it? If there is evidence that supports CW's story, it still goes to the defense, and I would think the defense would move for a reconsideration of the charges and for bail. For me the strongest reason for the prosecution to seal the autopsy results is because it proves ALL the charges against him, and the actual details/evidence are very disturbing!

Yes, (zero legal experience here) or by releasing those disturbing details the defense will flip it some how for a mistrial, or tainted the jury pool or something sneaky. ?

In addition to preserving the integrity of the trial and not taint pending witnesses, and/or jury pool per the People's motion, I think it's also important to understand the culture in Colorado.

Colorado recently PASSED a house bill to protect privacy of minors by sealing their autopsy reports (Watts girls only 3 & 4 yrs of age). Responding to pressures from 1st amendment advocates and media lobbyists, Colorado's Governor vetoed the bill just a couple months ago. Although I'd like to see the reports not disclosed until trial, I believe Media will overrule here. From a link last night, they've already got the best attorneys in the land working on the argument pursuant to CORA and FOIA. I expect a ruling to release the autopsy reports sooner than later. MOO

In addition to preserving the integrity of the trial and not taint pending witnesses, and/or jury pool per the People's motion, I think it's also important to understand the culture in Colorado.

Colorado recently PASSED a house bill to protect privacy of minors by sealing their autopsy reports (Watts girls only 3 & 4 yrs of age). Responding to pressures from 1st amendment advocates and media lobbyists, Colorado's Governor vetoed the bill just a couple months ago. Although I'd like to see the reports not disclosed until trial, I believe Media will overrule here. From a link last night, they've already got the best attorneys in the land working on the argument pursuant to CORA and FOIA. I expect a ruling to release the autopsy reports sooner than later. MOO
Thanks for that insight. While I would like to know the autopsy results, I agree with you about not releasing the results until trial. I also agree about the media onslaught prevailing. All we can hope is that the trial will be fair and justice will triumph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member