Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've voiced something about him that keeps coming back to me - lack of ambition / initiative / drive. This couple really overbought this house. Only the two of them in a brand new 5 bedroom / 3 car garage place less than a year after moving from another state. Sure, she sold her house in NC, and that was likely the down payment money And the only real salary was his at $61K which was far too low for this mortgage. Why would they overbuy this house?

So she gets a job as a part time phone attendant and brings in enough to keep things going for a bit, but not enough to continue on with after a pregnancy, student loans, and medical bills from her medical condition. He doesnt seem to have done anything extra..... no extra hours, no promotion, no education to move to another position. Sure, he didnt appear to buy a boat or luxury car or anything, but he didn't seem to have the ambition to get them out of debt - that fell to her and her peppy MLM business.

Then something changes...... he's getting attention for being buff, she's away for 6 weeks and there are some as-of-yet issues that threaten this marriage.

AWFUL AWFUL

I couldn't agree more.

New around here. I've lurked on various cases, but with this one I can't be quiet anymore and it has kinda consumed me.

There's been a lot of talk here about how SW's friend, NU, knew something was wrong so quickly. Questions like, did she know things about CW and their relationship that set off alarms? Maybe she did, and it seems likely. It seems like SW had a tight circle of friends that she was in constant contact with. I'm an introvert without many close friends, so it seemed so odd (but good) to me that a friend thought something was up so quickly, so much so that she went to her house. They really must've been close, and/or had some sort of instinct that something was not right in the relationship.

I know SM portrays just what we want it to, and not the big/true picture, but I got a better picture of what SW was to others/to her friends. She seemed to have a huge, bright, vibrant presence and to have been very deep into her work and the whole "team" aspect of it. Such close friendships that would have friends alarmed within a couple hours... that's a consuming relationship. I don't mean that in a bad way, but that her friendships must have gotten a lot of attention. And.. like others here have mentioned.. maybe CW was jealous or overshadowed. Or felt forgotten. Especially because he seems to be like a "third wheel" in a lot of pics, kinda looks and reads just kind of a quiet/calm/shy guy in her photos, looks pleasant and happy in a lot of pics... it's so creepy how deceiving all of that can be. I get this impression that SW was very much enveloped in portraying her "livin' the life" lifestyle and she was trying to include CW in this happy light of hers (all her happy posts about what an amazing husband he was) but he still didn't feel in control or inside her "circle". But maybe it looks like this to me because that's the image she *wanted* to project on SM, obviously, and it's hard to see past that. Never can tell what's really going on behind it all.

What was the motivation behind him getting in drastically better shape suddenly? Seemed like just within the past 12-8 months a drastic change and more muscle. A lot more. Was he trying to get her attention and it wasn't working?

I just wonder if he was resentful. And if he was at home stewing in his resentment and all of her recent time away made all of it worse and he just decided he was done.. in his own, twisted way. :(

I'm trying to share my thoughts without referencing SM posts... since I'm just getting my feet wet here and certainly don't want to break any rules. :)

the stuff was reasonably expensive I wonder if she had to put out front money

that would be problem if struggling $ wise

From what I read and watched on a horribly peppy 22 minute long video (time wasted but I wanted to learn!) with this particular situation she only had to buy like $200 worth of stuff each month to be eligible for commissions,.. which is probably about how much she spent on it for herself each month. Most of the stuff seemed to ship directly to the customers. So not much inventory unless she wanted to have crap on hand to sell at a party or something, but the heavy focus was on repeat direct shipping orders.

I wonder what happened in the 5 weeks that he was alone at home to change his mind? The way he disposed of those children was SO obscene that he had to have hated them to do that to them.

The two little girls were Shannann. His hate for her became hate for her children, born and unborn. Even though they were his children too. It was more important to obliterate all trace of her.

How she must have suffered, even before this explosion of violence. And yes, Obscene is really the right term to use for what he did to the innocent daughters he killed with his own hands....

All this adds up to emotional overkill. Emotion, like we've not been able to see behind those shark eyes.

Primitive explosive emotion / rage. As if he is trying to extinguish the women close to him (remember her apology for" all the women in the house"?) Is this really something trying to get back a deficient or narcissistic mother? Hmmmm

In the Channel 9 video, the reported starts asking about his Carolina Tarheels jersey. He opens his arms and both right and left seem normally functional and without apparent signs of trauma as he sort of lifts up the front of his shirt, so I didnt get the idea that his arm or hands were painful or in any way injured.

He also doesnt seem to be guarding either arm or shoulder in the courtroom video

I never heard this part -- can you link it

there were
scratch marks anywhere

it appears he buried her really close to the road

made me wonder if he was drunk or high seems pretty dumb to me

at that time of day someone driving by seeing you digging ?
Hiding them on work property was rather dumb too. This makes me think he didn't really have a plan. If he did, he didn't plan it very well.

Thanks so much.... a little knowledge and Google is a stupid thing...

Can you please post something that might resemble the type of tank he would have used, that you would find associated with a small, remote oil well that wouldnt attract much attention?

i really like your posts !!

Its's a SONY VAIO. Popular, but expensive laptop. I wouldnt thing this would be what a guy making $60K and with a $3000 mortgage would be buying. You could have got the same kind of computer for about half the price in 2012

Depends on the model. I bought a Sony VAIO touchscreen brand new 6 years ago and it was $700.

neighbors did describe him as shy

organization is not my forte

I just want to get this on here

in case any of his arrest history is true

WATTS, CHRISTOPHER arrested:08/16/18 at 0:03
Arresting Agency: FREDERICK PD
Booking Number: 18-12255
DOB: 05/16/85
Check Custody Status

Weld County Jail.

way behind but am gonna post pic

4F32E5CC00000578-6074673-An_aerial_view_of_the_oil_field_where_the_bodies_were_recovered_-a-1_1534634246067.jpg

he sure did it right near a major road ??

is this right jail

12600 W. Colfax Avenue, Suite A-400
Lakewood, Colorado 80215

Corrections_Project_Level_WeldJail_Detail01.jpg

humm its run by a private company it seems

Contact Us | RMH Group

That scene photo has been discredited as the burial site. It was from a video shot by a helicopter looking for the site where some LE activity searching for the bodies might be going on, so its a shot of a place that has a lot of vehicles. There are reports that site is actually a road repair where the culvert flooded from the recent rain and was washing out the roadbed. You can see the standing water in the adjacent field. In the video, there are no LE personnel or coroner's type cars right there. There are lots of contractor trucks. There are two police cars redirecting traffic onto a nearby farm road. I really don't think this is where Shannann's body was found.

With their mortgage I m sure mortgage insurance would be required. With Shanann’s death, the house would be paid off.

Did he think she would be found and he would not be suspected? Would he phone in a tip or did he not care if he lost the house?

You've voiced something about him that keeps coming back to me - lack of ambition / initiative / drive. This couple really overbought this house. Only the two of them in a brand new 5 bedroom / 3 car garage place less than a year after moving from another state. Sure, she sold her house in NC, and that was likely the down payment money And the only real salary was his at $61K which was far too low for this mortgage. Why would they overbuy this house?

So she gets a job as a part time phone attendant and brings in enough to keep things going for a bit, but not enough to continue on with after a pregnancy, student loans, and medical bills from her medical condition. He doesnt seem to have done anything extra..... no extra hours, no promotion, no education to move to another position. Sure, he didnt appear to buy a boat or luxury car or anything, but he didn't seem to have the ambition to get them out of debt - that fell to her and her peppy MLM business.

Then something changes...... he's getting attention for being buff, she's away for 6 weeks and there are some as-of-yet issues that threaten this marriage.

AWFUL AWFUL

somewhat confused about some of the wording makes me wonder if he was actually employed at this time

the spokesman made it sound like he worked there in 2015

they specifically reference paystubs from 2015 - why is that relevant in 2018

not really sure where the lack of ambition angle comes in --at some point he was pulling 61K which aint great but there would have to be some skill set I would assume

but how come none of us know what he did at work - all that i have seen reported is a name of a giant outfit

what did he Do for these people?

folks are saying they did a lot of downsizing I wonder if he got laid off

all the tense is in the past he worked

i get that he got fired wed but the story had been going a bit why before the reported confession did any reporter not give actual position at place of employment

so many things are strange

days of alleged and reportedly confessed really hang me up folks

where is the notion that family convinced him to confess coming from I have not seen that in one article?

Thanks so much.... a little knowledge and Google is a stupid thing...

Can you please post something that might resemble the type of tank he would have used, that you would find associated with a small, remote oil well that wouldnt attract much attention?

It's not really wrong. The gas at some point does go through a separator. There are so many different configurations, too. Some well sites have a separator, and some don't. Here is a picture that shows a common gas well site. The pipe sticking up with arms is actually the wellhead and is often called a Christmas tree. You can see the storage tanks for crude and condensate (oil, mineral spirits, etc) in the background. They are big enough for alot of bodies, but not so easy to climb. The manway at the top also is usually 24-36" in diameter.

Attachments

• gas well site.JPG
    gas well site.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 45
it appears he buried her really close to the road

made me wonder if he was drunk or high seems pretty dumb to me

at that time of day someone driving by seeing you digging ?

This has been discredited as the burial site. It was an area where a culvert overflowed and damaged a roadbed. I watched the video and there are too many contractor trucks and too few LE vehicles to be a triple murder burial site

Control. He thought he could reinforce his control over her if she was pregnant. It didn't seem to slow her down though.

She was sick when they met, I believe. He probably liked her dependent on him as easier to control. When she started to blossom more he felt threatened by that imho. What a small man!!!!

Oops quote didn't work. I am responding to post by MCDRAW on why CW would initiate the pregnancy idea.

I really hope in victim impact statements that is said! I never hear that kind of thing. At least not enough. Something like that, like: "You are a small, empty meaningless person with nothing of substance to offer the world. An empty vessel. Nothing of value. And so you envied the light and vibrancy and beauty and purity of your wife and daughters. You envied what you could never be. So, little, impotent coward, you decided to snuff that out. So your own inadequacy wouldn't mock you anymore as you compared your meaninglessness with their significance."

Because anything regarding how the murders have impacted the survivors is not going to affect him at all.

Unmasking him publicly will though.

My hypothesis is that the tank was too full and he might risk it overflowing so he had to come up with a plan B for her body.

I think he made only one trip Monday morning, with all 3 bodies

Actually that is quite a reasonable hypothesis and one that would probably have flipped him out at the time if in fact it was a one shot deal disposing of all bodies at the same time. Good, if true, I hope it did panic and worry. He deserved to have felt as unpleasant as possible given what he had just done.

It's not really wrong. The gas at some point does go through a separator. There are so many different configurations, too. Some well sites have a separator, and some don't. Here is a picture that shows a common gas well site. The pipe sticking up with arms is actually the wellhead and is often called a Christmas tree. You can see the storage tanks for crude and condensate (oil, mineral spirits, etc) in the background. They are big enough for alot of bodies, but not so easy to climb. The manway at the top also is usually 24-36" in diameter.

Wow, that's terrific Thank you so much for posting that. Makes much more sense now.

I was thinking that there wasnt enough space for 3 bodies, but now am thinking maybe he deliberately wanted to spite her again in death by not having her in contact with her children.....

Evil bastad

It is interesting, even in "rural areas", how much of our movement can be tracked in real time by cameras. A neighbor with a camera system, traffic cameras, CCTV systems in stores, ATM machines...we also have a camera system now, at our gate, (it is a few pieces of barbed wire and a post), we can track if anyone comes in and forgets to close the gate, before the goats rampage the road.
Suddenly this clicked! They want DNA from the folds of their necks! Where the oil didn't touch, because otherwise they got nothing.
IMO
Is there any chance these girls weighed slightly more than the other girls their age?
Fingers crossed!

In my opinion the toddlers were killed before SW got home at 2 am on Monday morning. No one knows the chain of events that occurred after she walked through the door but it obviously resulted in her being callously murdered sometime before the neighbor sighted CW at 5:15.

I haven’t really followed a lot of cases in the last few years (Casey Anthony damaged my soul) with the exception being Cooper Harris but this one has gripped me unlike any other in a very long time. It’s absolutely chilling to consider exactly what on earth happened inside that home that evening/early morning.

I cannot fathom how such a monster could be lurking underneath the bright and smiling pictures of CW all over FB. I guess that is what is so compelling about this case. The fact that things are not always what they appear to be and pure evil can be looming underneath the facade of happy smiles and contentment.

This case reminds me so much of Scott and Lacy Peterson. Even her parents were fooled. Eventually it came out that he was emotionally abusive to her. This is embarrassing to have a husband that puts you down and I think often women will put a happy face on to hide the shame that they feel when their husband does not value them. I bet CW, feeling in the shadows, did everything that he could to cut her down to size when they were alone which is why she was always flattering him in an attempt to pacify him and build his ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member