Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any logical poster who knows the facts we already know would call out insinuations over possible child abuse from letting her kids play on water slides, being mean to Bella for squirting her from a spray bottle, and I'm sure we could all dig up about 20 more ways used to make SW look mean, unbalanced, bossy, character problems, psychological problems, and so forth....from HOME VIDEOS! If it has been treated accusatory and unwelcome it's because of the insinuatory nature of the posts. If there really is no theory about "how/why she killed her children" then why all dark analysis of her home videos?

See, I just have to point out that when a post begins with an implication that people not of an opinion don't use logic, it's not conducive to a sincerely open-minded conversation.

Which is likely a big reason also that other theories haven't been laid out in the thread--there is a distinct lack of sincerity about really wanting to know why people have other theories--the motive seems to be less gaining understanding and more fight picking.

See, I just have to point out that when a post begins with an implication that people not of an opinion don't use logic, it's not conducive to a sincerely open-minded conversation.

Which is likely a big reason also that other theories haven't been laid out in the thread--there is a distinct lack of sincerity about really wanting to know why people have other theories--the motive seems to be less gaining understanding and more fight picking.

Agreed

People keep insinuating things about SW, a pregnant murder victim, that she killed her children along with comments about her character, mental health and that they somehow have some secret knowledge about what is going to be presented at trial to prove this, but then want to hold their hands up and as if What? I'm just staying neutral until I hear all the evidence.
LOL. . . that gave me a great mental picture; person with shocked look, mouth agape, and hands up in the air! Thanks, I needed that!

Any logical poster who knows the facts we already know would call out insinuations over possible child abuse from letting her kids play on water slides, being mean to Bella for squirting her from a spray bottle, and I'm sure we could all dig up about 20 more ways used to make SW look mean, unbalanced, bossy, character problems, psychological problems, and so forth....from HOME VIDEOS! If it has been treated accusatory and unwelcome it's because of the insinuatory nature of the posts. If there really is no theory about "how/why she killed her children" then why all dark analysis of her home videos?

RBBM - are you saying anybody who doesn't agree with your POV isn't a logical poster?

This case saddens me too and not just for victims like SW or Travis Alexander who were basically blamed for their own deaths. Someone earlier said people treat the dead like Saints. I, for one, do not believe SW (or TA) were Saints. They were flawed human beings just like the rest of us. People who did not deserve to be murdered because no one deserves to be murdered. No one here has said SW deserved to be murdered so I'm not saying they have. I think the majority who post here believe CW is guilty and most are passionate about that, but we haven't come to that decision lightly. I don't think any of us just WANTS him to be guilty or took one look at him or one thing he said or did and said Yep that dude is guilty, case closed. I think there is a long list of evidence of why we believe he's guilty. Sometimes, well most of the time, 2 + 2 does = 4. We are not on a jury. We are just people on a message board. I will not entertain anything the liar CW says so I don't care that he says SW killed them. That's not enough for me to wonder if she did it or not. I need much much more than that. Maybe I will get that at trial or maybe I won't. I also don't read about this case on social media so I don't even know what all of the rumors or accusations against her are. I guess we will see if it's anything substantial or just ridiculous women spreading rumors and gossiping about another woman.

People keep insinuating things about SW, a pregnant murder victim, that she killed her children along with comments about her character, mental health and that they somehow have some secret knowledge about what is going to be presented at trial to prove this, but then want to hold their hands up and as if What? I'm just staying neutral until I hear all the evidence.
In fact, when I first started reading about the case it was a thread that was dominated by discussions of her being controlling, belittling her husband, having Munchausen by Proxy, and disturbing videos showing her being abusive and shaming her children and husband. I thought she must be some murderous woman seeking revenge. Then I viewed some of the videos, reviewed the news sources, and kept reading and discovered, to my surprise, that she was not a terrible person after all. All the evidence so far has led me to believe CW is the only person responsible for this crime. She not only does not seem like a terrible woman, but by all accounts a woman with compassion, empathy and strong love for her children. She may not have wanted to believe her marriage was falling apart, but that does not mean she had some kind of psychotic breakdown and killed her children. I just don't see how anyone can even speculate that is the case without some concrete evidence. Jmo

IMO, the only things to back up the holding of the opinion that SW killed the children is gossip and innuendo.
If anyone has a credible theory that does not include those things, IMO, they should post them.

Okay, my mind is open and I'm listening fairly. I'd like to hear your opinion and what supports it. I've actually asked some other posters the same thing before, without any accusation or implications, but have been ignored. I'm listening now and I will not treat your opinion with disrespect.

This case saddens me too and not just for victims like SW or Travis Alexander who were basically blamed for their own deaths. Someone earlier said people treat the dead like Saints. I, for one, do not believe SW (or TA) were Saints. They were flawed human beings just like the rest of us. People who did not deserve to be murdered because no one deserves to be murdered. No one here has said SW deserved to be murdered so I'm not saying they have. I think the majority who post here believe CW is guilty and most are passionate about that, but we haven't come to that decision lightly. I don't think any of us just WANTS him to be guilty or took one look at him or one thing he said or did and said Yep that dude is guilty, case closed. I think there is a long list of evidence of why we believe he's guilty. Sometimes, well most of the time, 2 + 2 does = 4. We are not on a jury. We are just people on a message board. I will not entertain anything the liar CW says so I don't care that he says SW killed them. That's not enough for me to wonder if she did it or not. I need much much more than that. Maybe I will get that at trial or maybe I won't. I also don't read about this case on social media so I don't even know what all of the rumors or accusations against her are. I guess we will see if it's anything substantial or just ridiculous women spreading rumors and gossiping about another woman.

You say you won't entertain anything CW says because he is a liar. Do you believe CW killed his pregnant wife?

Okay, my mind is open and I'm listening fairly. I'd like to hear your opinion and what supports it. I've actually asked some other posters the same thing before, without any accusation or implications, but have been ignored. I'm listening now and I will not treat your opinion with disrespect.

I agree. I want to hear them as well. I'd like to hear a theory to CW's innocence of killing the girls that does not rely on subjective Facebook videos or unverified gossip that comes from other places on the web.

Hey Everyone,

Please welcome our new Verified member, Jmartinez0303. This person is a Verified Neuropsychologist.

Jmartinezo3o3 is posting on this thread but Jmartinez0303 may post anywhere on Websleuths as a verified Neuropsychologist

WELCOME TO THE GOOD DOCTOR AND WEBSLEUTHS MEMBER Jmartinez0303!

Great.
Welcome Jmartinez.:):):)
Hope you can help us, as we're often going round in circles discussing CW.

I agree - it makes me angry too. I just haven't tried the case already as others have and I respect the opinions of others even if they don't align with mine.

Right, but we won’t be trying the case. The People of the State of Colorado will try it.

Based on the evidence currently available, I’m confident CW will be convicted. I have read every single pleading publicly available on this case, and it doesn’t look good for CW.

When I was in law school, I interned for a judge who was presiding over a death penalty case. It was my first time sitting through a criminal trial from beginning to end. And let me tell you, I walked into that courtroom and naively thought, this is BS - this guy didn’t kill that girl. But, I sat and listened to all the testimony, and boy was the State right. Sentenced to death. I witnessed the judge overcome with grief prior to sentencing the defendant to death. He was ordering someone to be put to death. Man, never did I think about what that could do to a person.

I later when on to clerk for that same judge and worked on hundreds of motions for post-conviction relief, and sat through more criminal trials where I wrote numerous opinions. I reviewed every single detail. In the same manner I’ve reviewed everything in this case.

I believe in the criminal justice system and I respect the rights of each and every defendant. I also believe in the victim justice system (I just made that up by the way).

Basically, I’m not going to put on a blindfold and disregard the avalanche of evidence currently available against CW. I guess this is why it’s difficult for me to understand how others can.

All my professional and personal opinions.

Yes, and I think I speak for many here, I believe he killed his wife, but not the reasons he gave for killing her (and Nico).

While I believe most of what CW said were lies, I do believe there were some half truths spread out in them. For instance, like you I believe he killed his wife but not for the reasons he said he did. I believe he DID see his dead children through the monitor, but I believe it's because he'd already killed them. Etc. etc. You can definitely believe that CW is a liar while still acquiescing that there were bits of truth sprinkled without. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Ignore feature recommended in general.

And a reason folks put others on ignore, is because some often post about stuff that has nothing to do with case, they focus on others vs. case.

Maybe I have too much empathy, etc., in general, because I don't feel right accusing anybody without more information.

Just to be clear the following is said with respect and in a calm, reasonable voice:
Believing CW is the same thing as accusing SW. Unless you think there is 3rd option we have not explored, one of them murdered the girls. So if you believe CW, why do you feel comfortable accusing SW? If you don't believe CW why are you uncomfortable accusing the admitted murderer, cheater and liar CW? More info will not change the fact that SW was murdered by CW. What evidence that we have thus far has lead you to give a murderer more benefit of the doubt than the one he murdered? Because when you say you are "waiting for more information" about who could have killed the girls it is the same thing as giving CW the benefit of doubt as to whether he is telling the truth. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop