Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not discuss that here because it’s against the TOS. No one will say it because there is no evidence to support that theory, and there are no MSM outlets theorizing it. Shanann is the victim and Chris is awaiting trial for killing her.

I have seen theories elsewhere, but I wouldn’t bring them here and risk getting banned, or the thread shut down.
Why would it be against TOS to ask why they think she did it? This is the only place I read or post on this, so it seems logical to ask the people who think she did it...."why"? (I really don't know why they think she did it, it doesn't make any sense to me with all the things he did)

@gitana1

The arrests came very quickly and were followed by five charges of premeditated murder AND other charges. Does it seem to you like the DA feels he has a strong case and is "going all in"?

Yes. Absolutely. He seems like a very sober-minded, resolute and sharp guy.

And you know I was struck by and can't forget how he refused to take the "emotional bait" given to him by the media. Twice. The media kept asking him or prompting him, "This must be very hard for you and your staff- the fact that two little children have been killed." Or something to that effect.

He didn't blink. "We are handling this case the same way we handle all homicide cases."

Then during the hearing when Shanann's daddy sat behind him bawling his eyes out, the DA sat ramrod straight- eyes focused right ahead at the proceedings. And he had to have heard all that.

This tells me a lot about his temperament and determination.

Because the DA is an elected position. As such, it's a political office and they often know they have an audience. Sometimes they will play to that audience and try to make the public feel a certain way.

He had the chance to showboat a couple times and speak to, or recognize the emotionality of such a case as this. He didn't.

He seems to have a laser focus and resolve that should scare the crap out of CW.

Yes. Absolutely. He seems like a very sober-minded, resolute and sharp guy.

And you know I was struck by and can't forget how he refused to take the "emotional bait" given to him by the media. Twice. The media kept asking him or prompting him, "This must be very hard for you and your staff- the fact that two little children have been killed." Or something to that effect.

He didn't blink. "We are handling this case the same way we handle all homicide cases."

Then during the hearing when Shanann's daddy sat behind him bawling his eyes out, the DA sat ramrod straight- eyes focused right ahead at the proceedings. And he had to have heard all that.

This tells me a lot about his temperament and determination.

Because the DA is an elected position. As such, it's a political office and they often know they have an audience. Sometimes they will play to that audience and try to make the public feel a certain way.

He had the chance to showboat a couple times and speak to, or recognize the emotionality of such a case as this. He didn't.

He seems to have a laser focus and resolve that should scare the crap out of CW.

A la “I mean business”.

BBM @Steelhead here it is! @dixiegirl1035 this is the post nothing to do with this case

Thanks, Okay, I'm totally lost as to significance.

Hopefully!!!!!!!
the original poster will correct whatever is leading to whatever is going on?

Moving forward and rolling and scrolling and skipping along.

I haven’t seen anything on here that I would suspect as having been posted by a member of the defense team.

That being said - if I was on that team I would ABSOLUTELY follow along on this site (likely just reading and lurking) for a variety of different reasons.
There was a poster early in the threads exploring CW's version of events who was accused of putting out trial balloons for the defense but they didn't go over very well IIRC.

<snipped by me>
^ @NuttMegg said exactly what was in the back of my mind. Those beautiful little girls were SW’s kids as he had disconnected from them. So, it was her fault that he murdered all of them.
I really do believe that. IMO if the AP broke up with him on Saturday night because she had been promised a divorce (IMO) then seeing Shan'nan once again come back home from a trip, and worse yet, experiencing his mobility limited by caring the kids, he could very well have blamed all of it on SW and the kids. If it weren't for them, he would be happy.

Me either. We know Jodi Arias team read the boards here during her trial.

Well, that surprises me, because that trial was a hot mess. JA should have never taken the stand. It made the entire trial a disaster.

CW would be well served if he did not take the stand either. Let the defense present their case, evidence, and let the prosecution prove without a reasonable doubt regarding the charges. Even if a juror decides that they cannot convict on killing the children, it is based on evidence and his own statement that he killed SW and Nico. Circumstances aside, he deliberately killed her, and hid the body. That alone can give him life in prison.

But, my own preference is that he is convicted on all counts.

No.
I made a general statement regarding Tippy’s ability to remain fair, impartial, and unbiased.
I was not referencing this particular case.
As several attorneys have pointed out already, if the evidence we have now in the public domain were the ONLY evidence ever available going into trial, an excellent case can be made that there is enough evidence to successfully prosecute CW of the murders of his children beyond a reasonable doubt. IMO there are cases that have been won on less. Scott Peterson comes most immediately to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop