Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To my knowledge the defense team haven't come out once and said they believe what is said in the affidavit about his combined 'confession' and accusation/allegation.

We know from the affidavit that CW made that allegation. So far, to my knowledge, he is the only person who has made that allegation, not LE, not the DA, and not his defense team.

The defense team may or may not run with that allegation at trial. Even if they do, that doesn't necessarily mean there's evidence to back up the allegation, they could just throw mud and see if any sticks enough for the jury to decide they have doubts and thus not convict on those charges. Running with a particular defense in no way implies the defense team have evidence to back it up nor that they personally believe in it. They can only go with what they're given.

There was a request for CW's handprints that a lot of us conjectured might be to compare marks on necks during autopsy. The defense didn't want to hand them over. Why not? If they believed, from CW, that handing over his handprints would get four counts of murder 1 removed, why wouldn't they be more than willing? I think, from that, they know his handprints won't prove he couldn't have killed the girls and so they'd rather fight the motion than willingly comply and make their job so much simpler to only have the job of trying to get the murder 1 for murdering Shanann reduced to manslaughter or diminished capacity.

Plus, the defense now have the autopsy results. If those autopsy results suggested in any way that Shanann killed the children, then we'd have a possibility of those charges being dropped. Even if they weren't dropped, I think it's a strong possibility that the defense would choose to go before the judge for a bail hearing and argue for bail. In many cases a very high bail is set for murder charges and a defense team will fight for a hearing to get the bail reduced. Even if the accused still can't make the reduced bail I think it has some kind of symbolic meaning?

So for all those reasons, I think the defense are just doing their job right now because it is their job to defend the accused in this case, and there's no sign that they have any evidence with which to accuse Shanann or to back up CW's allegations against Shanann.

I suppose we shall see. We don’t know what evidence there is or is not at this point.

Also want to note our lawyers on here said charges would not change based on the autopsy. And the defense was waiting on discovery to hand over additional prints, etc.

How do you add the @anymember to a post?

Exactly the way you just did. I'm on a laptop, so I don't know if it's different on a phone/tablet/pad but when I have typed the @ and a few letters of the name it brings up a dropdown with names that match and I can pick from a list, which is very helpful if someone has numbers at the end of their username and I can't recall them.

By all means, if anyone has actual theories on SW being the killer rather than just not liking her, please put them out there. We have all seen cases before where moms kill.

What would make this case absolutely unprecedented would be a father lying and covering everything up if he didn't kill his children. So explaining his lies and coverup need to be part of any theory, imo.
From what I have seen on the board there has been no theory presented as to why SW would be the killer of her children. Innocuous home videos are the only items mentioned, which are used to insinuate negatively on her mental health, character, the whole spiel. But no one will actually come out and say why they think she did it.

By all means, if anyone has actual theories on SW being the killer rather than just not liking her, please put them out there. We have all seen cases before where moms kill.

What would make this case absolutely unprecedented would be a father lying and covering everything up if he didn't kill his children. So explaining his lies and coverup need to be part of any theory, imo.

I never said I didn't like her.....where in the world are you getting that idea?
I need more information before I accuse anybody of murdering the 2 girls. It's really that simple.

Exactly the way you just did. I'm on a laptop, so I don't know if it's different on a phone/tablet/pad but when I have typed the @ and a few letters of the name it brings up a dropdown with names that match and I can pick from a list, which is very helpful if someone has numbers at the end of their username and I can't recall them.
Thank you!

I suppose we shall see. We don’t know what evidence there is or is not at this point.

Also want to note our lawyers on here said charges would not change based on the autopsy. And the defense was waiting on discovery to hand over additional prints, etc.

Yes, I remember them saying that, too. That's why I didn't say that the charges would definitely be removed if the autopsy (with or without his handprints) did contain good forensic evidence to support CW's allegations.

People have made a big to do about SW's "fake" life on Facebook. Which is so interesting since the majority of people on Facebook show "Fake" lives. Rarely does anyone go on there talking about how their children are throwing tantrums all day long, how tired they are of picking up their husband's dirty underwear, how tired they are of doing all the same crap every day, etc. What the majority do post is about how great their family is, their children, and their spouses, great date nights and trips. Everyone wonders, how they are affording that, and think man my marriage sucks only to find out, one of their children has ben kicked out of school, husband is cheating and they are getting a divorce. I have a friend that is always telling me she is going to get a divorce because everyone's spouses do more with them. I have to remind her that what she is seeing is Facebook and not people's real lives.
I have never met anyone like SW, that really just saw the best in everyone especially their spouses until I met my daughter in law. Yes my son is great but I know his flaws but she truly doesn't see ANY of his flaws. I think SW may have been that way too. Was their life perfect, obviously not, no one's is but I think she was the type of person that just made lemonade out of the lemons and decided she was going to be happy. JMO

BBM @Steelhead here it is! @dixiegirl1035 this is the post nothing to do with this case

Last edited:
I tried to look into TBI as a symptom and it seems that so many active athletes get traumatized. . . .

Anyhow, unless you have a history of CW playing aggressive sports, or having a severe brain trauma (diagnosed), or a family history of Alzheimer's or other early dementing illnesses, it won't fly in court.
<snipped by me>

Traumatic Brain Injury -TBI - can be caused by many things. Mine was caused by a severe automobile accident when my SUV was T-boned and totaled. After 18 years, I have fortunately never had the urge to murder anyone. My TBI messed with my short term memory big time but it has improved some. However, stress can trigger memory loss issues.

Unless we have verification of TBI in CW, this is a mute point. It is a medically diagnosable brain trauma. It is not subjective like some forms of mental illness. If he ever had TBI, someone would have pointed it out by now. MOO

I don't necessarily believe his version, but I don't feel comfortable accusing him of murdering his daughters until I know more. I believe he lied to cover up for murdering his wife and unborn son and he should be punished for the crimes he's comitted. If he's proven guilty of murdering his daughters than he deserves what he gets.
jmo

The problem is that not accusing CW is the same thing as accusing SW. You keep saying you are neutral but it is impossible to stay neutral in this case. One of the two parents did it. There are no 3rd options because there was no other way in or out of that house without cameras catching it. No one else was charged so there is no evidence of anyone else being there. When you entertain the possibility of believing him you are simultaneously accusing her. Why do you feel comfortable accusing a pregnant mother who was murdered along with her unborn baby of murdering her children? Why do you feel comfortable accusing Shanann Watts? What is the evidence against her other than his word?

*modsnip*/ quote removed / discussing rumour

ETA. If a person does a post that they find very quickly within the next 60 Minutes that it is totally Incorrect and they were wrong, you always have the option to go back and edit the original post so people again and again and again and again don't have to tell you it is incorrect or do a push back.

I've done it a few times on the threads so it doesn't muck up the threads with people saying again and again and again that it is incorrect. Moo

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven’t seen anything on here that I would suspect as having been posted by a member of the defense team.

That being said - if I was on that team I would ABSOLUTELY follow along on this site (likely just reading and lurking) for a variety of different reasons.

From what I have seen on the board there has been no theory presented as to why SW would be the killer of her children. Innocuous home videos are the only items mentioned, which are used to insinuate negatively on her mental health, character, the whole spiel. But no one will actually come out and say why they think she did it.

I would not discuss that here because it’s against the TOS. No one will say it because there is no evidence to support that theory, and there are no MSM outlets theorizing it. Shanann is the victim and Chris is awaiting trial for killing her.

I have seen theories elsewhere, but I wouldn’t bring them here and risk getting banned, or the thread shut down.

Many people have said that about many killers. Jeffery MacDonald for example. Isn't that a major feature of Family annihilators ? Also, the quote by the person who played football with CW is funny, because football is a violent sport!
Football is also considered an acceptable outlet of aggression. We know that CW was quiet and never got angry, seemed to keep things inside, and maybe didn't know how to express his feelings. Playing football or other competitive sports makes sense. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami