Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously we don’t have that at this point in time. Hopefully as more information comes out, it will give us a clearer picture of what exactly happened that tragic morning.
May I ask you, if forensic evidence did (hypothetically) come out supporting CW’s version, would you believe it?
If forensic, or any evidence comes out that she killed the children then I'm sure that would leave no choice than to believe it. It would drastically change the dynamics of the case. We would certainly take a major turn if both were involved with a murder. Everything would change. It certainly would not justify his killing his wife, but it would result in different charges. Either way, since he is the only one living, he will be the one to go through the trial and serve the time. Jmo

Prosecution’s theory states C.W. killed his pregnant wife & daughters. The defense claims he killed his wife after she killed their daughters.

The defense team hasn't come to that conclusion after looking at the evidence and interviews with him, though.

Instead we have LE going through the house, finding the bodies, viewing his media interviews, and then doing interviews with him at the police station and deciding there's enough for arrest. Then the DA decides there's enough to charge him for all those crimes.

CW is accusing Shanann. Based on? Well, he either saw what he says he saw, or this is his attempt to weasel out of life imprisonment/death penalty.

Yes, that's a really good point. She would have had to be in such a position so as not to block his view of the child's upper body. I'm sure they will be able to tell by how the monitor was set up. If another person leaning over the child completely blocks the view, it will prove it not possible. And he probably would not have thought of it before since he likely never viewed another person in the room when checking the monitor. Jmo
And @Thepoet and also actively trying to revive CeCe.

I would but I've also asked myself what that proof would have to be to change my mind. I know it's been mentioned what if they were drugged. If the kids were drugged, that wouldn't prove to me SW did it because CW could have also drugged them so that wouldn't do it for me. DNA wouldn't change my opinion because they are the parents and I would expect both their DNA to be on the kids. We also don't know when they were killed so if they were alive when she got home, she could have touched them or kissed them leaving her DNA on them that night and then CW could have killed them later after he killed her so even DNA wouldn't convince me 100%. Scratch marks and size of hands could possibly sway me. Others have said what if he put SW hands on the kids necks or scratched them with her nails after he killed them, so I guess that could also be an option that would have me wondering. Maybe a video of SW actually threatening to harm their kids (not just analyzing her behavior on her videos) but something concrete where she actually says she would harm the children. I really don't know what I would need to change my mind. I do feel strongly he did this and not SW but yes I would admit I was wrong if need be. I would like to hear other's thoughts on what it would take to sway them to hey, maybe SW did do this.

Good post, well said. I would need a combination of things to believe SW is guilty. I would need evidence the girls were killed AFTER she arrived home. I would need evidence of hand size and bruising to show it had to be her. And I would need to see evidence of what triggered her rage. I don't believe any of that evidence exists because CW was arrested very quickly and charged with FIVE counts of premeditated murder, as well as other crimes. The DA's actions speak volumes for themselves and for SW!

Obviously we don’t have that at this point in time. Hopefully as more information comes out, it will give us a clearer picture of what exactly happened that tragic morning.
May I ask you, if forensic evidence did (hypothetically) come out supporting CW’s version, would you believe it?

I'm not Jennifer, but for me, strong forensic evidence would change my mind.

I am, however, curious as to what kind of evidence those who are more on the fence would like to see to come off the fence on either side of it.

I would bet that that friend would not think that he was capable of burying his dead wife in a shallow grave or dumping his children in crude oil, either.
Those kind of statements only go to disprove his rage killing of SW too, and points to premeditation or pre-planning.
Right. Corrected interview with high school chum, that which media should have asked: "Would you think that your old friend Chris would have thrown his little girls in crude oil, and purposely left the body of his wife and fetus in a shallow grave for predators to rip apart?"

Of course I would believe it, but that seem unlikely to me seeing he took such extreme steps to destroy any evidence.
Based on what we know now, where is the evidence that SW killed the girls?
The word of a liar seems all there is.
Right, I think we might be stunned if there is solid evidence to prove she killed the children, but from what we have to go on at this time, there is none, but instead evidence against him. I guess we could just stop posting until the trial, but I for one would like to at least work with what we have so far. Jmo

Lance Alfonso, who played recreational football with Chris when they were growing up in North Carolina, said the accused murderer “was someone who wouldn’t hurt a fly.”

“I’ve never seen him ever get angry at anybody, even on the football field,” Alfonso added.

‘Everyone Liked Him’: Did Colorado Dad Chris Watts Lead a Double Life?
Many people have said that about many killers. Jeffery MacDonald for example. Isn't that a major feature of Family annihilators ? Also, the quote by the person who played football with CW is funny, because football is a violent sport!

Ah, perhaps. Something of that nature. Either way, it implied something that reflected negatively on an involved party IMO.

You got all that from “believe me, you don’t want me to answer that?”

It’s a fairly vague answer that can be interpreted in many ways. Perhaps that’s why it was deleted - the poster did not want to cause confusion or speculate. I commend him/her for that.

Ah, perhaps. Something of that nature. Either way, it implied something that reflected negatively on an involved party IMO.
Involved party? It could have reflected negatively or positively on a teacher, a school district, a fellow student, the rigamarole of signing a kid up, the price of tuition, the hours of attendance, by "involved party" who are you referring to?

Last edited:
I believe the reply was, “Believe me, you do not want to know.” MOO

Or was it? "Believe me, you don't want me to answer this."

If memory serves I think it was "Do you really want me to answer this?" . <modsnip - rumor>. I think the VI did reply with a flippant answer because she was just tired of answering the repeated question but that's JMO and just a guess on my part. I shouldn't speak for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the post this morning. The poster was not talking about the Watts children. It said something about kids being kicked out if school, in the middle of sentence regarding something else. Sorry, it was a long post, I will see if I can find it.
That's OK, I've already seen the whole spiel of insinuations about the cryptic post from the VI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj