Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO I think they were in love in the beginning but then I think it slowly started to crumble for both of them. In the videos I've watched I can see the love she has for her children, but I don't think SW or CW look happy. For the first time, I watched a video today where SW is on the back deck with the spray bottle and I felt sad for her. It's hard to explain but she's out there alone trying to play and make it fun when It just seems like she's sad inside. This may be the video that caused a lot of people to criticize her but after finally watching it, I saw a mother trying to act happy when she wasn't inside. JMO
BBM I seen that video and yes I agree. I think it maybe happened a bit faster perhaps but yes I agree

About the bed sheets.

In a field near the oil tanks, investigators found a bed sheet matching the pattern of several pillow cases and a top sheet recovered from the trash can in the Watts's kitchen, according to the Warrantless Arrest Warrant.

MOO, we could deduce that the sheet found at the site belonged to the set found in the trash.

From this we could deduce that SW was murdered in her bed. CW then proceeded to wrap his dead wife in the fitted sheet for transport down to his truck and on out to the oil field for burial.

Just awful.

Sounds about right to me. I find this be very telling about the events that night.

EDITED: I mistakenly thought the sheet and pillowcases were found in the trash at time of initial police check.

Last edited:
It is really interesting how the neighbor's surveillance camera captured every movement on the driveway of CW's house, SW home at 1:48 am, CW backing the truck into the garage at 0530, and driving to work a few minutes later.

CW had no idea that N was going to be so persistent. He must have been crazed coming home and seeing the police there! He probably thought he had at least a day or two to get organized and call the police.

What is particularly interesting, is that the police knew he had killed his family, prior to CW's confession, they had already done ariel surveillance with a drone of his work area, which was documented by the GPS system in the work truck.

Amazing, how technology is helping police catch criminals. 20 years, none of this technology was available. How the heck did they catch the criminals then?

Maybe I am confused, but on the first day when LE checked the house, they found the master bed had been stripped and those sheets were on the floor. They were checked for signs of foul play and none was found . How does that sheet get to the burial site if SW was already buried at that point?

I believe it is implied that the top sheet and pillowcases were on the bedroom floor during the wellness check with NAU. They may not have noticed that the bottom sheet was missing at that time. When LE returned to the house the top sheet and pillowcases were in the kitchen trash. The bottom sheet that matched the ones in the trash was found in the oil field.

@PommyMommy regarding whether SW loved CW or not, you responded with "proof" she loved him. Including SW saying, "I couldn't ask God for a better man in my life because he's so supportive. He takes care of me, he's becoming funnier…” “he's sexy, he's good looking and he does take care of our girls. He's probably the best father I could have asked for, for my children."

I agree she may have thought she loved him in the beginning, but in all the things she said, she doesn't say she loves him. That's all I'm saying. Someone can be supportive, sexy, and takes good care of kids :eek:, but that doesn't equate to love, IMO

He's becoming funnier? o_O
Does 'I love you' mean love? Those three words could mean something or absolutely nothing, words are meaningless if they're not backed up by one's actions. CW put on a good show though.

There are many couples who live in loveless marriages and neither resort to murder. Intense hatred can be a trigger for murder, as well as wanting absolute freedom which fuels the hatred, there's the crunch.

I have said before, I believe SW loved her children more than CW, and her saying,' he's probably the best father she could ask for her children', backs that up. Imo, she would never harm her children under any circumstances.

It is really interesting how the neighbor's surveillance camera captured every movement on the driveway of CW's house, SW home at 1:48 am, CW backing the truck into the garage at 0530.

What is particularly interesting, is that the police knew he had killed his family, prior to CW's confession, they had already done ariel surveillance with a drone of his work area, which was documented by the GPS system in the work truck.

Amazing, how technology is helping police catch criminals. 20 years, none of this technology was available. How the heck did they catch the criminals then?
But they did without all that. Nothing much has changed. Father having an or numerous affairs family just vanishes.
May have taken longer but evidence does not lie.

Sounds about right to me. The affidavit mentioned the bed in the master bedroom had been stripped of its bedding which was lying on the floor. It doesn't list the bedding items, but it seems like perhaps just the pillows and comforter, with the pillowcases and top sheet in the trash and fitted sheet in the field.

I find this be very telling about the events that night.
So 2 detectives checking for signs of foul play didn't notice that a sheet was missing?

One's perspective and perception regarding facts can change without the actual facts changing.
Subjective opinions don’t change objective facts.

CW dumped the bodies of his family like trash, and lied about it.

No innocent man, no loving father, exhibits that type of selfishness without a compelling reason. His reason was simple: He killed his entire family.

His story is a lie. He is a murderer.

Perhaps what you’re picking up on in the squirt bottle video is an undercurrent of anger?
I guess it’s possible but maybe frustration more than anger. Imo they were so mismatched and I have a hard time watching the videos. He’s always in the back and when he does have to speak he doesn’t know what to say and appears awkward. Then I wonder if all the videos became somewhat of a coping mechanism for her to get through each day, have people to talk to etc, which I find so sad. I don’t know. All I know is I find them hard to watch. JMO
Edit for clarification - I do NOT believe SW ever harmed her children. I think CW killed them all. IMO they both seemed very unhappy and I think that's sad.

Last edited:
One's perspective and perception regarding facts can change without the actual facts changing.
Well, let's compare and discuss the facts at hand.

One parent squirted her daughter with a water bottle while the daughter squealed with delight.

One parent didn't call 911 to save that daughter or the other one. Same parent dumped that daughter and the other in crude oil tanks (felonies, plural). Same parent lied about his involvement to the police and FBI (likely yet another felony).

How does your perception of these events change and who do you think committed the murders?

You are the only one that knows about that. Do you have a link to it?
What did I quote?
#341 on thread #38
"We haven't seen anyone in authority validate his claims as yet. He asserts that AB and LE have seen his texts from CW( which he further states SW found on 4th July) and that he handed towels which contained CW's DNA to LE. All of those claims can easily be proved I suppose, so we shall see. Curious to know why you would save soiled towels unless blackmail is your thing..."

Totally agree. Likewise, the missing blanket from each girl’s bedroom was used to wrap them. MOO
I haven't learned about the blankets for the girls. This makes what I was thanking. If a murder doesn't care about the people he or she murdered they just dump the bodies along the way. But by him putting them in the oil tanks shows he didn't want to dump his precious babies. So he wraps them in their blanket...then he might have put the blankets in as well. That way he wouldn't have to look at them.
When time came for Shan'anns turn came he couldn't put her in tank, but he could bury her nearby. That way he has her near the girls and in his mind it was the thing to do. I think he had emotional connections but let things get out of hand when he killed them.

About the bed sheets.

In a field near the oil tanks, investigators found a bed sheet matching the pattern of several pillow cases and a top sheet recovered from the trash can in the Watts's kitchen, according to the Warrantless Arrest Warrant.

MOO, we could deduce that the sheet found at the site belonged to the set found in the trash.

From this we could deduce that SW was murdered in her bed. CW then proceeded to wrap his dead wife in the fitted sheet for transport down to his truck and on out to the oil field for burial.

Just awful.
Continuing the deduction...

If SW was murdered in her bed, she was either ready to go to sleep, or was sleeping already when she was murdered. From this we could deduce, she either checked the girls before she went to bed and they were alright, or she didn't know they were dead.

She definitely did not strangle them, then casually went to her bed to go to sleep.

Conclusion: She did not kill the children.

I haven't learned about the blankets for the girls. This makes what I was thanking. If a murder doesn't care about the people he or she murdered they just dump the bodies along the way. But by him putting them in the oil tanks shows he didn't want to dump his precious babies. So he wraps them in their blanket...then he might have put the blankets in as well. That way he wouldn't have to look at them.
When time came for Shan'anns turn came he couldn't put her in tank, but he could bury her nearby. That way he has her near the girls and in his mind it was the thing to do. I think he had emotional connections but let things get out of hand when he killed them.
Or....he wrapped them in bedding because it was what was handy as he had a 40 mile drive to make and didn't want anyone noticing the dead bodies in the back seat?

#341 on thread #38
"We haven't seen anyone in authority validate his claims as yet. He asserts that AB and LE have seen his texts from CW( which he further states SW found on 4th July) and that he handed towels which contained CW's DNA to LE. All of those claims can easily be proved I suppose, so we shall see. Curious to know why you would save soiled towels unless blackmail is your thing..."
No. If you are making a statement the onus is on you to supply the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773