Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All this points to CW disposing/hiding their bodies. CW confessed to killing his pregnant wife and horrendously disposing of all their bodies. I think we all agree he's guilty of those crimes.

However, if we were looking strictly at the girls murders. What evidence do we have?

I’m pages behind, but wanted to answer this question.

We do have circumstantial evidence, IMO.

1. His behavior is evidence of guilt when considering strictly the girls. He didn’t try to save his babies - no 911 call, no screaming heard, no running to the neighbors for help <—- any of those things are what you’d expect of any normal person, and would be the natural, human and reasonable reaction.

2. It’s too unbelievable that SW flips out and turns murderous and then CW also flips out and turns murderous. Two people going (essentially) insane at the same time?

3. A man who suffered such uncontrollable rage that he turned to murder, is suddenly so composed and so able to keep his emotions in check, playing the part of an innocent man who doesn’t know where his family is? Not reasonable. He was calculating and methodical in his disposal and coverup. He’s able to maintain this demeanor over a few days - with the Police, the media, and the Thayers.

This man, who was so out of control he squeezed the life out of an adult woman, for four to five minutes.

4-5 minutes is a really long time.

——

This behavior is circumstantial evidence of guilt in the murders of Bella and Celeste in my view. Reasonable doubt has left the building for me and it would take something major and definitive to come to light to bring it back.

I’ve racked my brain trying to think what could come to light that could change that - short of video or audio recordings, I’d love to hear any ideas because I truly can’t think of anything!

I could be surprised but ... somehow I just don’t think I will be.

These are my thoughts as well. If this goes to trial and if CW sticks with the same story, I think it's possible that some of the videos may be admitted to show SW's state of mind. Of course, IANAL, so shout out to our experts. @gitana1 @Mrspratcher (Apologies if you've already expressed an opinion on this.)
MOO

Hi Pommy! Ok, so in order for evidence to admissible at trial, it must first be relevant. The judge would decide the relevancy and weigh it against other things such as whether it’s cumulative, prejudicial, etc.

Maybe.
@ColoradoLove Can you ask your neighbor who worked at Anadarko with CW if he would have had a work phone?
Quite dated, but back in the day they used walkie talkie like devices and the favorite was NexTel. Atleast in Ft Lupton oil company at the time. Are those called short-wave radio? Is so I question if the info on them is traceable. Is analog traceable?

Last edited:
I’m pages behind, but wanted to answer this question.

We do have circumstantial evidence, IMO.

1. His behavior is evidence of guilt when considering strictly the girls. He didn’t try to save his babies - no 911 call, no screaming heard, no running to the neighbors for help <—- any of those things are what you’d expect of any normal person, and would be the natural, human and reasonable reaction.

2. It’s too unbelievable that SW flips out and turns murderous and then CW also flips out and turns murderous. Two people going (essentially) insane at the same time?

3. A man who suffered such uncontrollable rage that he turned to murder, is suddenly so composed and so able to keep his emotions in check, playing the part of an innocent man who doesn’t know where his family is? Not reasonable. He was calculating and methodical in his disposal and coverup. He’s able to maintain this demeanor over a few days - with the Police, the media, and the Thayers.

This man, who was so out of control he squeezed the life out of an adult woman, for four to five minutes.

4-5 minutes is a really long time.

This behavior is circumstantial evidence of guilt in the murders of Bella and Celeste in my view. Reasonable doubt has left the building for me and it would take something major and definitive to come to light to bring it back.

I’ve racked my brain trying to think what could come to light that could change that - short of video or audio recordings, I’d love to hear any ideas because I truly can’t think of anything!

I could be surprised but ... somehow I just don’t think I will be.

I think the autopsies could tell us more.....COD and TOD. I also think the digital footprint will play a big role and could potentially tell us more.
jmo

I think what is even more alarming is how unnecessary it was that CW willingly participated in media interviews that were broadcast nationally and full of pure lies.

Those media interviews without a doubt added to an already stressful situation for those very grandparents, friends, and family who were worried sick about SW and the girls, IMO. Because unbeknownst to them, SW and the girls were already dead. And unbeknownst to them, CW murdered SW.

All the while, CW allowed the media to continue filming as he lied about where SW was.
View attachment 150834

And CW allowed the cameras to keep rolling while he continued to lead everyone in the wrong direction.
View attachment 150835

And even though he knew at that very moment that his girls were submerged in oil tanks and SW and unborn NW were buried beneath a layer of dirt, he continued to allow the media to film as he spoke so casually about his shirt.
View attachment 150836

And when CW's little media stint didn't go well, he continued to lie.

What CW has done, IMO, is the epitome of unnecessary. And since he was probably too much of a coward to move forward with a divorce, he has now put himself in a very stressful situation. And that is due to no one's fault but CW's. Jmo

Respectfully, I didn't watch all of CW's interviews and I won't form an opinion of guilt or innocence of all the murders just based on videos.
JMO

Anadarko is required to keep detailed GPS records on their commercial trucks (tractor trailers) for 6 months. Most of these companies use the same GPS devices for their entire fleet, including company pick-up trucks. If this is the case with CW truck, LE could go back 6 months of detailed GPS reports showing locations, times, engine on, engine off, idling time, driving time, and MPH. LE will know if he visited the tanks before, how many times, and for how long. Also, they should be able to determine how many affairs he had and with who (based on the locations and time spent at each location). Should be very interesting.

More and more companies are going with a stipend and employees use their own device for work purposes.
jmo

Agreed. In my experience, depending on the job title or level, if a phone is deemed as a requirement for the employee to be able to do their job, it is a possibility that the company will offer some type of reimbursement. We don't know if that's the case at Anadarko, but I wouldn't be surprised since his job seemed to be field-based, and likely would require a lot of communication via cell phone. And considering he was assigned a work vehicle, I'd think a phone wouldn't be too much of a stretch to be on the company's dollar. Jmo

I think the autopsies could tell us more.....COD and TOD. I also think the digital footprint will play a big role and could potentially tell us more.
jmo

I guess what I mean is, what specifically could negate that circumstantial evidence? Right now if I saw text messages from SW, for example, that said “I hate you Chris! I’m taking the girls and you will never see them again!”, I still wouldn’t be swayed. Not because I’m so stuck on the one theory that I can’t see anything else, but because:

1. Her message could just mean packing up and leaving

and

2. The circumstantial evidence remains overwhelming that he was responsible even in light of any potential nasty spats between them

As to COD, well you never know, we could be in for a shock! More info would be good!

Another reason why I don't think it was pre-planned and CW was flying by the seat of his pants.
jmo
Yes Tippy Lynn I agree. I don't see how he could forget about the GPS. I'm hoping the company has those GPS reports for 6 months on the pick-up trucks. If they do, we could see if he had visited the tanks and how many times, etc and not during normal work hours or not due to a work order. It will be interesting to see. I'm fairly certain if they don't have the reports for 6 months the minimum would be 30 days. We could still see a lot in his previous 30 days. Maybe enough to push you over that fence. lol :):p I was at 98-99% in the beginning so I understand.

Physics (i.e.,volume, density and buoyancy) provide that the babies were at the bottom of the tanks. Although some envisioned their submersion in crude oil as floating lightly and/or kinder than earth burial, there's nothing further from the truth. My heart breaks for those responsible for the draining and extraction of these beautiful children. Unimaginable... MOO
IMO decomposition was well underway after 4 days in the tank and gases would have accumulated, which would make them buoyant again....

Wasn't Shanann's Christmas video longer than CW's interviews were combined? He is the one accused after all, and the jury is definitely going to take his demeanor into account.
Exactly. Those news interviews are of incredible value to the prosecution.

They can prove without a shadow of a doubt, that this guy is a liar, and a cold blooded one at that.

If I were them, I’d show them in their entirety. Body language, word choice, and overall demeanor, will not endear him to the jury.

I guess what I mean is, what specifically could negate that circumstantial evidence? Right now if I saw text messages from SW, for example, that said “I hate you Chris! I’m taking the girls and you will never see them again!”, I still wouldn’t be swayed. Not because I’m so stuck on the one theory that I can’t see anything else, but because:

and

2. The circumstantial evidence remains overwhelming that he was responsible even in light of any potential nasty spats between them

As to COD, well you never know, we could be in for a shock! More info would be good!

Yeah I would need to see messages form her indicating she would hurt him or the girls, if he tried to leave, evidence of erratic behavior like 911 calls and hospitalizations, and recently, not in 2009 when she was diagnosed with lupus or anything, AND some evidence of brain damage on the part of CW that would explain his insane behavior, in order to change my mind.

I don't think COD will shock us at all. He claimed she strangled the kids. I think that's because that's what he did.

Exactly. Those news interviews are of incredible value to the prosecution.

They can prove without a shadow of a doubt, that this guy is a liar, and a cold blooded one at that.

If I were them, I’d show them in their entirety. Body language, word choice, and overall demeanor, will not endear him to the jury.
Objection! Interviews have been edited your honor!

and

If CW searched how to strangle or something similar. If there were text, emails, etc., with threatening messages to or from either CW or SW. Text, messages, emails, voicemails with AP(s) future plans or discussing SW, kids, his marriage status, etc. There are so many things that a digital footprint could reveal.
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member