Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he moved to CO first and she followed?
SW posted photos on her Instagram that she was flying back to NC for her wedding the weekend of November 3, 2012. She wrote that she had relocated to Broomfield, CO to continue to be her friends' little boy's Nanny. CW took a job as an auto mechanic, and they lived with her friends while their house was being built.

Last edited:
Because he would have to testify - which I believe would be disastrous for his case
So if he goes to trial he will definately have to be cross examined ? Apologies for all the questions, law isn’t my strongest point.

Well, yeah, I would considered women who write to murderers in jail, basically sending love letters, they are a type of fan club. Same as with the ones who flooded JMD and JVDS with fan mail and marriage proposals (they are both married now). But that's a far cry from what the OP said, that here on the board we use offensive hash tags to call each other names, paraphrased.
Yeah, that I've never seen (offensive hashtags, name calling). I think posters may be referencing the "fan club" from AB's report. MOO

Skimming and trying to catch up on the last two threads and just want to clarify from the Warrantless Affidavit, "At approximately 4:25 PM Investigators spotted a bed sheet in the field near the tank battery. . . The drone search also revealed fresh movement of dirt consistent with a clandestine grave near the oil tanks.”

The Warrant is dated August 16, 2018, so was the drone out there on Wednesday, August 15, 2018? Wasn't CW arrested later that day on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at 11:32 pm?
Yes, and 11:02 pm :)
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...18CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf

What time did she find out the flight was cancelled? She knew at 6:30, anyway.

Does it make sense that he would kill the girls earlier,,then? He would have no way of knowing what time she would arrive,

Often when flights are cancelled, it causes a domino effect and flights all over are affected.

Or crew hours are over and they cannot get an additional crew to take over, They can only work so many hours and then their time is up even if they did not fly.

So she could have been stuck there overnight for all he knows.
You can use flight tracker to see what flight is delayed and for how long etc.
Possible he kept track of her flight details online in real time that day because he had "big plans" :mad:for his family.
MOO

An amazing dynamic in marriages, when one is a go-getter but the other is supposed to step up and wear the pants at certain times. When there is a vacuum it gets filled, when there is something to be done and the partner that "should" be doing it, according to roles the couple has embraced, if that person does not step up and do it, then the go-getter does it instead, causing all sorts of hurt feelings in the weaker partner who would not do it himself. Sometimes sensibilities are so damaged that they seek APs to bouy up their hurt feelings.
I agree, the one who should be stepping up but isn’t would be feeling inadequate and less of a man or woman. They would need reassurance from others to make their shattered ego feel complete. Especially if they are narcissistic, they need the adoration of others.

<modsnip - removed quoted post and direct reply to it>
She made 5 weeks worth of meals for him only, to eat while she was away in NC with the girls. To me that is a huge act of love and caring.
Her parents and brother were living 2000 miles away. Too expensive to just go for a few days. She was able to keep up with her team of workers and her Thrive obligations online.
He went to visit them in NC for the last week and they all traveled back together. So they were apart (although as we know, she is a prolific skyper, so they were probably never really apart) for what 28 days? Not sure I understand your point, do you really feel she should be clinging to him like a limpet? IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
An amazing dynamic in marriages, when one is a go-getter but the other is supposed to step up and wear the pants at certain times. When there is a vacuum it gets filled, when there is something to be done and the partner that "should" be doing it, according to roles the couple has embraced, if that person does not step up and do it, then the go-getter does it instead, causing all sorts of hurt feelings in the weaker partner who would not do it himself. Sometimes sensibilities are so damaged that they seek APs to bouy up their hurt feelings.

I may be getting some details wrong - but at this point it seems as if he was the (for the last several years) the consistent earner - not dependant on how may people purchased some patches of whatever.

He had a 40 hour a week position earning something like a consistent 65K.

At this point in the investigation we have no idea how much she was making selling patches of something.

What we know from the videos is she was purchasing a ton of the stuff - mailing free samples all over and paying to fly two people to wherever

this is only my notions about this - but I know going out of town always costed me money

moo

It is really early in the system. Right now we have the DA fighting the defense wish that the autopsy results be made public and the DA not wanting that.

Very strange imo only.
They must think the autopsy reports are somehow going to exhonnerrate CW or at least make him appear less guilty. But IMO if he strangled his family to death, unless there are bruises and even then I think it will be hard to get any concrete evidence as to who the perpetrator was, it will be hard to prove who did it by the autopsy reports alone. I’m not surprised they want them released, I think a lot of the evidence will be circumstantial.

<modsnip - removed quoted post>
I think by the time she went to NC to visit with family, they were already considering separation. I would think she made the meals to make it easier for him since she likely did most of the cooking. I realize she was a perfectionist, and claimed she was the dominant one in the relationship, but I have a feeling he was content with that. He certainly looked happy enough in all the pictures while he WAS on vacation with her. He also strikes me as more of a follower. He had to have known what she was like when they married, maybe he liked the idea of someone doing everything for him. Jmo

I may be getting some details wrong - but at this point it seems as if he was the (for the last several years) the consistent earner - not dependant on how may people purchased some patches of whatever.

He had a 40 hour a week position earning something like a consistent 65K.

At this point in the investigation we have no idea how much she was making selling patches of something.

What we know from the videos is she was purchasing a ton of the stuff - mailing free samples all over and paying to fly two people to wherever

this is only my notions about this - but I know going out of town always costed me money

moo
Again you are confused or misstating details? Apart from her family visit to NC, all of the trips they took together were earned by her as rewards for impressive sales.

<modsnip>She made 5 weeks worth of meals for him only, to eat while she was away in NC with the girls. To me that is a huge act of love and caring.
Her parents and brother were living 2000 miles away. Too expensive to just go for a few days. She was able to keep up with her team of workers and her Thrive obligations online.
He went to visit them in NC for the last week and they all traveled back together. So they were apart (although as we know, she is a prolific skyper, so they were probably never really apart) for what 28 days? Not sure I understand your point, do you really feel she should be clinging to him like a limpet? IMO
I'm sure he was grateful as this gave him plenty of time to be free to see his lover. Jmo

<modsnip - removed quoted post>
I strongly doubt that CW did anything to plant SW’s DNA on the kids’ bodies.

It appears that he was planning on those bodies never being found, hence the disposal and the “emotional conversation” story.

It was only when he was backed into a corner, that he fabricated the insane scenario that he is apparently sticking to.

He is as stupid as he is evil, and I don’t think he thought far enough ahead to have planted evidence.

So if he goes to trial he will definately have to be cross examined ? Apologies for all the questions, law isn’t my strongest point.

He will only be subject to cross if he testifies in his own defence

He is the only living witness that can explain what happened in detail in his version. But the risk is cross examination.

But if he does not testify, all we have for his version is some threadbare assertions to LEF while in custody - at the tail end of days of lying.

Now of course the burden of proof is not on the defence, but in reality the defence will need to establish at least some facts which can support his version.

Vague stuff about how his wife behaved on social media won't be enough for a jury properly directed.

SW talked about the trip to New Orleans in an early 2018 video. In that same video, she said she was looking forward to going to San Diego from June 22nd - 25th for a getaway with Chris while her dad stayed with the girls. She went back with her Dad and the girls on June 26th so that they could stay with family for six weeks during summer vacation, so she could expand her business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme